Thread: Byzantines? Psah, Roman Empire fix.

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Default Byzantines? Psah, Roman Empire fix.

Just a quick fix I made for myself with BFTB2 in case anyone else was interested. It changes the Byzantium faction into the Eastern Roman Empire, changes all cities and castles names,naval units, task and combat descriptions changed, all relevant campaign descriptions, and unit cards and ancillaries changed so they all direct towards the 'right' name.

As always, make sure to back up your files in case I'm an idiot. Just drop:

*Export_desc_ancillaries into your Data folder.
    *export_ancillaries into your Data/Text folder.
    *export_units into your Data/Text folder.
    *Expanded into your Data/Text folder.
    *Campaign_Descriptions goes into your Data/Text folder.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Byzantines? Psah, Roman Empire fix.

Out of interest, did they refer to themselves as the eastern roman empire or just as the roman empire?

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Out of interest, did they refer to themselves as the eastern roman empire or just as the roman empire?
    Actually, Basileia Romaion would be the correct name - Empire of the Romans. They did however differentiate between the Western Roman Empire and the Eastern Roman Empire quite a bit, and it wasn't uncommon for them to be labled the ERE until a Frenchman in the 18th century named them the Byzantine Empire as an insult - implying they were obsolete, corrupt, decadent, etc...

So, ERE was kind of a compromise as the 'Roman Empire of the East' was commonly used.
    Last edited by Jambat; March 19, 2012 at 03:03 AM.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Great little mod jambat,would you be intereseted in making a mod replacing the units with the lovely modeled units (and strat map models) made by the marka team for the keivian rus,novogrod,cumans ect? the roman empire units (even tho markedly improved by CC's mod) still in my veiw would be finaly glorified on the battlefeild with such beutifuly rendered units. +rep

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo582 View Post
    Great little mod jambat,would you be intereseted in making a mod replacing the units with the lovely modeled units (and strat map models) made by the marka team for the keivian rus,novogrod,cumans ect? the roman empire units (even tho markedly improved by CC's mod) still in my veiw would be finaly glorified on the battlefeild with such beutifuly rendered units. +rep
    I'd have to ask CC if he minds, but it would be good practice for something else I have planned.

Do you have a link to exactly what you are interested in, because I was under the impression he was already using the Rusichi models. Not complaining, just want to see what I'm missing.

CC used alot of the rusichi models for the countries i mentioned but was his own original textures he created im sure for the roman empire,what CC did was fantastic but im certain that improving the roster skins with rusichi ones will be the iceing on the cake perhaps,im seeing alot of mods coming out now that are incorperating their amazing skins as also,i think this would definuitly be a worthy project jam

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Actually, no, by this time period (if ever) they did not refer to themselves as the "Eastern" Roman Empire. With the fall of the west, there was only ever one Roman Empire. Prior to this, for administrative purposes, there might have been references to eastern provinces, but there was never any idea of an "Eastern" empire. Vasileia Ton Rhomaion literally translates as "Empire of the Romans" without any geographical qualification.

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

I was waiting for one of you CBUR people to bust my ba***! I just knew when I was typing it was gonna happen. ;P

I'll see if I can help you Mojo, no promises on if it will be what you want, or if it will be quickly done though. Does anyone have a link to Marka's models in one place? I should know this, but I suck.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Ha! We're always watching

Jambat; you might want to take a look at the updated Roman unit names included in the last RR/RC compilation.

Jambat the new komnenian roster that caudillo is making for the romans may be an easier way to go if he allows you permission perhaps?would be great to see the romans with some awesome skins in BotB.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Jambat,

thanks a lot for sharing the files. I fancy having proper Roman names.

I have three questions:

1. Heir crown - I discovered this part in your file:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {heir_crown} Heir Crown
    {heir_crown_desc} This crown is passed to the next faction heir, who will inherit the throne of your Kingdom following the death of the Faction Leader.
    {heir_crown_effects_desc} +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Local Popularity, +1 Troop Morale

It seems to me that this is from Next Heir mod. Is this mod already in your files? Should I install it first? Sometimes people say (Navajo Joe), that NH is not compatible with BftB...

2. Byg's Grim Reality - is it compatible with? There're no BGR ancillares in the files, so I assume it's not ? Or they are simply added later?

3. However, it should be compatible with Goofy's Realistic Missile Ranges since that one replaces the export_descr_unit.txt, while you provides export_units.txt ?

best
    Jurand

Would this also work for non BFTB? I'm running SS 6.4 with SMAPP

u play this mod in high era ? how ??

Does anyone still have the files or download link?