Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chat

Default Re: OOC Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapture View Post
    If he shows proficiency in potions shouldn't he have more points there? otherwise pretty good
    I figured since he hasn't been to school yet he should suck equally at everything, so I just distributed everything evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Damn right.

On the whole I don't see any particular problems with characters at this stage and I don't think now is the time to be evaluating them objectively, generally speaking you need to actually do some RP for who your character is to become apparent even to you.
    Yeah, probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I think you've found a nice distance from the books for Atticus, despite the connection to Snape. I also think our characters will make interesting foils to each other, based on how I'll be playing Weatherby (just can't decide if we'd be more interesting as friends or rivals )
    I plan on having Atticus trying to make friends, but being pretty defensive and solitary if rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    is my charecter ok with the mods?
    Looks good to me, maybe a little more personalization?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Finished, for now (might make alterations later). How's my character looking, good enough or...?
    I like your character a lot, and finally, someone who wants to be a Hufflepuff

Also, do we choose our own wands or wait for them to be given to us later in-game?
    You can make your own up now, I don't think any of the mods want to mod being Ollivander eight or nine times...

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    You get to create your own wands. Others have already started to do that.

Interesting background story; detailed on your parents background. I like that. Another character who will have an rather interesting development through the rp. Good work!
    Very good, although I highly doubt my character would get along with him at all. It's like he is the opposite of my character in a way.
    I like your character a lot, and finally, someone who wants to be a Hufflepuff
    Thanks Wand added now.

@Rose Heh, looks like it, our chars are pretty much polar opposites. Then again, opposites attract, too...

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

Do I need to modify or add something to my character

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow141 View Post
    Do I need to modify or add something to my character
    What House is he in? I would also beef up the backstory just a bit

He is in Slytherin. I will do it in the morning now I am off to bed. If you think that I need to add else besides this say here or on VM

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Hot damn, I'm super jelly of some of the new back stories coming up, so I'll be fleshing mine out to give it some more pizazz

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

What are the limitations to my powers since i am minister of magic, or can it be whatever i want

Section Editor ES
    • Librarian • Local Moderator • Citizen • CdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'll edit my bio then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    What are the limitations to my powers since i am minister of magic, or can it be whatever i want
    You can essentially do what you want, within reason. You're expected to be law abiding, run the ministry. You're minister right after Voldemort's been killed, so you'll have to be pretty staunch anti-death eater imo. Almost like a Dumbledore of sorts.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just can't wait to get some RP going, as the only auror in-game right now it should be fun if some death eaters pop up!

Tribunus

Just as a note by the by, knowing what your character looks like will help people RP with you. If you can't describe them in words, or you think words would be insufficient, feel free to take a picture from elsewhere and use that. I'd personally encourage the former but everyone has different standards in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    Just can't wait to get some RP going, as the only auror in-game right now it should be fun if some death eaters pop up!
    You won't be alone, you'll have a randomly generated number of auror back up NPCs. You won't have to take on all the deatheaters alone

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    You won't be alone, you'll have a randomly generated number of auror back up NPCs. You won't have to take on all the deatheaters alone
    Well that will help a bit, but I was going to go Mad-Eye Moody style.

Added a bit of meat to the story of Weatherby's parents - can't really say much more about Weatherby himself though, I reckon I'll let you all get to know him in-game.

I admit I haven't read the books in ages, so I had to use a Wiki to put some of the details together - can someone more experienced than me double-check my references and make sure I'm not violating any canon or timelines?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

I guess you'll receive the money from your caretakers. You might want to put in a link to an uncle who takes care of you ...

sorry, that was for the comment on page 5... just woke up.

well, I can say that the contest for the Headmaster position hasn't even started (yeah, we agreed to a one-on-one test behind the curtains) so any thoughts on how to make padfoot more energetic are welcome.

@kip : there was only one other employee in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, who was already named. but other than that, I can't see any breach of canon.
    Last edited by Dark Storm; March 21, 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Double Post= Merged ;)

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Not organising the competition for 7 in the morning would help :

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    \

@kip : there was only one other employee in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office, who was already named. but other than that, I can't see any breach of canon.
    Ah crud, thanks Bladvak. I changed it to say that he worked in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, so got recruited as manpower on some of the Office's raids, in order to keep the connection to Arthur Weasly. Does that sound more plausible?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

It sounded plausible the first place, all you needed to say was that that employee left at the beginning of the 2nd Wizarding war, or that Artemis worked with Weasley after he had 10 people under his command. there are lots of places where to put a Ministry employee.

DMLE is the biggest department within the Ministry so there are lots of empty places to put people .

Great, thanks Bladvak!

Side note: I'm changing my family surname to Wiggins. Not that its significant enough for an announcement really, but just a heads up so nobody get's confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    What House is he in? I would also beef up the backstory just a bit
    I improved story a bit at least I think that I did.