Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chat

Default Re: OOC Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    Read the rules people, its all there.
    So if the clases are increase do I still get 100 to spend when I live school or not.

Defense Against the Dark Arts Increases Willpower, Curses. I am good there and get the increase

Qualified adult wizards will be given 100 points to assign in any way they wish and 30 willpower

So when I live school do I add the 100 points and 30 willpower to what I have or is 100 points limit

No....you only add those points at CHARACTER CREATION. You don't get to randomly add 100 points when you leave school. The expectation is that you will gain those points or more at Hogwarts. You don't just randomly get skill for going through puberty.

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

This is interesting. So me as the 6th year student is in a small problem I have 25 points and there is no way that I will get so many in two years that are left to me to finish school and to be equal with people who had 100 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow141 View Post
    This is interesting. So me as the 6th year student is in a small problem I have 25 points and there is no way that I will get so many in two years that are left to me to finish school and to be equal with people who had 100 points.
    Pretty much. I'd make exceptions but that would take way too long to codify. I don't want to have to write rules for characters creation at every possible year level at Hogwarts. Maybe I could do something for halfway, like starting at year 4. The problem is I have no way to gauge the average number of points earned up until year 4 right now.

So I will not be able to use magic outside of Hogwarts for 8 weeks. If you write rules for year 4

So I will not be able to use magic outside of Hogwarts for 8 weeks. If you write rules for year 4
    If you wanted to start at year 4, yes.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well, you could just say that it's about 11 points/year.

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    If you wanted to start at year 4, yes.

Yes but I will have to be because there will be rules for that or will have to be already finished Hogwarts.

Does the Hogwarts needs teacher and what because there is some RP already agreed with some players and I need to be on Hogwarts but not for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Well, you could just say that it's about 11 points/year.
    Not really. 11 out of a possible 25? And that's not even factoring in willpower.

Yes but I will have to be because there will be rules for that or will have to be already finished Hogwarts.

Does the Hogwarts needs teacher and what because there is some RP already agreed with some players and I need to be on Hogwarts but not for so long.
    If you would look at the appropriate thread, namely the Hogwarts staff thread, you would see there are no teaching posts open.

Now I will have to see with Lucius what to do because of this

If I go to Hogwarts from 6th year then I will not get point that are required.
    If I go from age 11 then there is no chances that my father was Death Eater that Lucius knew during the first war and was caught and died when I was 4 years.
    And if I do not go to Hogwarts I do not know how to recrute Maxus into the Death Eaters.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Any comments on my character? I made the picture myself by using different body parts from other collectible cards XD

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Now I will have to see with Lucius what to do because of this

If I go to Hogwarts from 6th year then I will not get point that are required.
    If I go from age 11 then there is no chances that my father was Death Eater that Lucius knew during the first war and was caught and died when I was 4 years.
    And if I do not go to Hogwarts I do not know how to recrute Maxus into the Death Eaters.
    We can't edit the rules to fit your bio...sorry.

I know I did not thought it to the end. I will have to see with Lucius what to change about the story and with Maxus so he will have to edit his also.

One more thing how much point will people earn if they start at 11 and go to the end more that 100 or the same and how much willpower 35 or more.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

No, what I mean is this:
    Students get 25 points to start. So, 75 points are left to be gained during their schooling. If you multiply 11 points by 7 years, you get 77 points. Now, it's 2 higher than it ought to be, so I suppose maybe 7th year is only 9. But, the point is, it would get you to 100.

I can't really answer that. As high as 175 points, as low as 35 (total)

Students can certainly earn more or less than 100 points at school. Remember, Hogwarts RP is going to last fourteen weeks for first year students...

Teachers should NOT award points based on the character creation thread. That is for new characters. Students who spend fourteen weeks at Hogwarts are NOT new characters and will thus have higher skill levels.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 22, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

When do we start tomorrow because I do not now when will Lucius come.

also, is there away we could have Ministry Announcement (like Hogwarts Mail where only Ministers can post.)

When do we start tomorrow because I do not now when will Lucius come.
    We just start tomorrow, there's no official time.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    also, is there away we could have Ministry Announcement (like Hogwarts Mail where only Ministers can post.)
    Sure, maybe a Daily Prophet thread that would make important announcements affecting the whole wizarding world, or perhaps just a Ministry bulletin for ministry employees?