Thread: OOC Chat

Tribunus

Default Re: OOC Chat

Who is dead.

lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    Game Orientation:

1998- The death of Lord Voldemort at the hands of Harry Potter has liberated the wizarding world of a dangerous threat, but that world now lies in pieces.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

If voldemort is dead than why have death eaters, they need their supreme leader

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

No we dont I think we dont

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    If voldemort is dead than why have death eaters, they need their supreme leader
    Because Voldemort isn't the be all and end all of dark magic?

You need to read the game orientation and the rules.

Tribunus

I'm going to send a message to all students, but considering several still lack home threads I'mma just create a thread called "Student Mail" in Hogwarts, with the assumption that it is only to be used by Hogwarts staff to mail all the students efficiently.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Death Eaters help give a conflict side to their rpg...because though many were arrested and a few pardoned, others still exist and they would want to gather once more to bring revenge onto the Ministry and fear back into the Wizarding World. They are smaller in numbers, but they can still be a threat. Their command structure is destroyed with the death of Voldemort and many prominent Death Eaters, but they are still alive and working in the shadows...basically like the Sith.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Two questions:

1. What happened with the Department of Mysteries?

2. Any help or hint on how to make the lessons ?

Tribunus

I've got a simple dice roll system worked out, should work fine. The point of the lessons is RP anyway.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Perhaps the legendary items might be tied into the random events? It might be neat to get a random roll saying something about a stranger showing up in the Leaky Cauldron claiming to have witnessed such and such object being used, whereupon you can ask him about it, interrogate him, kidnap him (and so on, depending on your personality and allegiance), rather than just announcing on Day One that you are now embarking on the quest for the Invisibility Cloak. Certain objects could be tied to certain character types - Marauder's Map pops up for Hogwarts students, the Elder Wand pops up for high-level wizards (such as the Minister) and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Kip; March 22, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    I'm going to send a message to all students, but considering several still lack home threads I'mma just create a thread called "Student Mail" in Hogwarts, with the assumption that it is only to be used by Hogwarts staff to mail all the students efficiently.
    That's a good solution, though ideally the headmaster will have a compiled list of items students will need to purchase for class (which shouldn't exceed 500 Galleons)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    Two questions:

1. What happened with the Department of Mysteries?

2. Any help or hint on how to make the lessons ?
    Department of mysteries serves no purpose in our RP unless it is involved in a random event. We couldn't include every department and ope to staff them all and tbh be honest I don't want to control half a ministry full of NPCs.

As far as lessons go you're on your own. Develop lessons and a system to grade students.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    Perhaps the legendary items might be tied into the random events? It might be neat to get a random roll saying something about a stranger showing up in the Leaky Cauldron claiming to have witnessed such and such object being used, whereupon you can ask him about it, interrogate him, kidnap him (and so on, depending on your personality and allegiance), rather than just announcing on Day One that you are now embarking on the quest for the Invisibility Cloak. Certain objects could be tied to certain character types - Marauder's Map pops up for Hogwarts students, the Elder Wand pops up for high-level wizards (such as the Minister) and so on and so forth.
    Legendary items will never pop up, they will have to be sought. There are random events surrounding the search for legendary items so when the description for the elder wand says that it could be deadly...take that to heart.

Are there textbooks in this game? If not is mysupply list good as I can't think of anything other than a wand.

Quote Originally Posted by rathertallhat View Post
    Are there textbooks in this game? If not is mysupply list good as I can't think of anything other than a wand.
    You can make up your own books and put them on the list. Eol wants to open a book store but for now we might not be able to work it into our economic system until year 2.

Legendary items will never pop up, they will have to be sought. There are random events surrounding the search for legendary items so when the description for the elder wand says that it could be deadly...take that to heart.
    Ah yeah, I meant that just the opportunity to search for them would pop up, not the item itself - something like "there are whisperings that the such and such has been sighted in Egypt..." (prompting a quest) rather than an event like "You found the such the such" lol.

However, what you said alleviates my worry - I just pictured all three Deathly Hallows, as well as a bunch of other stuff, circulating in player possession within a couple years. I suppose I forgot that the folks running the game will match the rewards with suitable risks, so even if you can elect at any point to search for any object, the risk of death (or just simple failure) will keep the object hidden for proper amounts of time.

I wouldn't even start going after the harder legendary items right at the start of the game. As it stands nobody is particularly skilled right now. Sure we're well balanced enough to have interesting duels right off the bat, but the level of difficulty in obtaining the elder wand doesn't decrease simply because everyone is starting at a low level of magical proficiency

I wouldn't even start going after the harder legendary items right at the start of the game. As it stands nobody is particularly skilled right now. Sure we're well balanced enough to have interesting duels right off the bat, but the level of difficulty in obtaining the elder wand doesn't decrease simply because everyone is starting at a low level of magical proficiency

Ah yeah, that makes sense

We have 100 point when you are old or 25 points when you are young to distribute and that is it. So how will you get more skilled.

Read the rules people, its all there.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

As far as lessons go you're on your own. Develop lessons and a system to grade students.

Mwahahahahaha. Gonna be a tyrant in class