Thread: regions lock?

Default regions lock?

Is it possible to add specific units to a region so that the chances of non-amazon factions are even? or that amazons can train roman legions for example?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: regions lock?

Yes it is possible.

I'm not going to do it though, I don't see the point. why would amazons fight for men and why would roman legions fight for others?

I've already find it out how to do it from uanime. You can also do it for M2TW (if you got it) and i explained myself badly. I was just wondering if you could do it for rome TW (or maybe barbarian invasion). Reason that i wanted to do this is to give lesser factions also a chance to win not perse for RTW or BI but for other coming mods. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RTW already two or three mods since 2007 where the units are recuited only from specific regions, not factions.

This is great if you have a few units, but it is an upgrade nightmare, if any change needs to be made.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Oh. Did know that. I'm quite new to this (modding). Anyway thanks for info

I've played a few mods where you can do that EB, RS and the Broken Crescent mod. Because of the starting positions certain factions have far larger AOR pools and gain a massive advantage (esp for retraining) over other factions. Its forgivable in RS since some of the non-native units are very good ie Galatian soldiers/Bosphoron Infantry. But other mods like Broken Cresent it just outright penalizes you since you can't train anything outside AOR (giving a massive advantage to factions with big AOR. Its also not really historical as it claims since eventually regions would become naturalized through colonization. The fact that in RS/EB only Rome gets the ability to do this and recruit legionaries almost everywhere when other factions cannot is just non-sensical. At least on the mode I played this made the Mongol faction hugely underpowered since they lack the ability to recruit anything outside basic milita. Also, it needs to be remembered that recruitment can also be abstract, representing the ability to recruit home province units and move them to the frontier where they can be settled. Not every unit was raised and trained in the province where it was actually recruited.

IMO mercenaries already do a good job of representing allied infantry/vassal state soldiers/satraps/allied rebels. Basically I've always felt that it detracts from the enjoyability of the game as it requires more micromanagement of moving armies back to the home province and making garrisoning more tedious. Some might disagree with me and say it makes more of a challenge or is more historically accurate but I don't care for the former and don't agree with the latter.

Besides Tiazong, why would you want Roman legionaires in an Amazon army anyway? A sword cohort has like 22 attack, 36 defence and a thrown ranged attack similar to a rifle.

No no i just wanted to give other factions also a chance but i realized what's the purpose of other factions because they aren't special anymore if you do region lock so i didn't tryed it (also it takes a lot of time)