Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3 v8.0 SP Campaign Updates

for some reason i have no portraits for starting ministers...i do for replacement minister (even those at game start) but not for say Talleyrand and crew...i dl and all the files and installed them for both 8.0 and 8.1 on top of a clean install...i did dl the themes and maps and installed them (i think those are for MP only but i wasnt sure) could that have messed things up?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: NTW3 v8.1 SP Campaign Updates

Is 8.1 save game compatible from 8.0?
    Last edited by airborne guy; October 07, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Is v8.1 save game compatible from v8.0?
    It should be, only made small corrections for v81 patch.

Hey guys, first time posting. Excellent job with the mod/updates.

Last time I played NTW3 was v7.6, and if I'm remembering correctly there were more smoke effects similar to Darthmod.

Did you remove that feature? Or am I not recalling correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Retingo View Post
    Did you remove that feature? Or am I not recalling correctly?
    It was a Battlefield Smoke Mod for Napoleon Total War from the NTW workshop.
    You can find it here on the TWC forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-10-Update-1-1
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Diplomacy
    Use the diplomacy tools to improve your relations with your allies. We've adjusted the State Gifts so you can improve relations 8-10 points with 1500 coin (per turn). This is a small price to pay for avoiding a costly and unwanted war. The threshold for GOOD relations is 40 pts. Work to keep keep your allies above 80 pts. as this is the threshold for EXCELLENT relations.

When making your strategic plans pay close attention to the Alliances; At War and Trade Partners on the Diplomatic screen . Declaring a war on one faction may bring their allies into the fight against you. We have spent considerable time revising the diplomatic relations to reflect the actual conditions at the start of the 1805 campaign. The Kingdom of Two Sicily’s (Naples & Sicily) are neutral the start of our NTW3 campaign as they were for two weeks when they cancelled their treaty with France and were negotiating a secret alliance with the Third Coalition.

Most of all do NOT take regions that you do not need. One of your allies may be tasked with trying to take that region. The victory conditions have been carefully setup so the allies do not overlap regions for their victory conditions (except for the French capital for obvious reasons). That's why Russia is tasked with taking Switzerland and then Paris, this gets them into the fight to help the Austrians. The first large-scale appearance of Russians in Switzerland dates to the early Napoleonic Wars, when Suvorov's army fought back and forth across Switzerland and northern Italy in 1799-1800 (wikipedia). The Third Coalition was delicately balanced and each faction had significant differences and objectives that you will also encounter in the course of your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Nerd View Post
    That’s fascinating! I had no idea! I thought it was the strangest thing in my 7.6 Austrian campaign when Kutuzov just kind of popped up out of nowhere and suddenly conquered Switzerland! It never even occurred to me that the Lordz team programmed him to do that so as to spur his aggression. Color me impressed!

Also, for the sake of being pedantic because so many of us are history nerds here, do you think it’s more appropriate to say that Suvorov fought in the early Napoleonic Wars, or that he fought in the French Revolutionary Wars? I don’t mean to be critical - I’m just curious because my tendency has been to describe the events at the NTW3 campaign start date up to the Treaty of Tilsit as the early Napoleonic Wars.

Can someone give me a rundown how to install this(in win10)? I downloaded and installed everything in order that is in download thread but the game won't start with ntw3 launcher for me

Put your question on the this thread of the Lordz forum to help with your install: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewt...18367&start=25

Biarchus

Davn, Any update on the mp head to head campaign portion of the mod?

p.s. Even though you betrayed your hometown by going up to cheesehead land, I'm still rooting for The Brew Crew. That team is fun to watch. White Sox 2019 World Series Champs!

I'm working on it

Sorry to bust ur bubble Z, still a Cub fan. We'll see you & the Sox in the 2019 WS

Biarchus

Just an FYI. I read in The National Enquirer that when the world attacks the US, the first target for the nukes is Clark and Addison.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

when game crashes to desktop with no message appearing whats the problem?

Comrades, please tell me how to get icons for such a new style on a single-player campaign?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have icons in the game in vanilla style in full height units. The size of my display is 1680 x

Last edited by ROMAL; October 26, 2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Comrades, please tell me how to get icons for such a new style on a single-player campaign?

This is a custom display that Lord Cosack designed for the Classic battles unit recruit roster.
    The SP Campaign mod uses a different user interface (UI) to display the units for the campaign game.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 26, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

I understand you. Thank you for the answer. It would be great to get the most original of this new style of icons and in the single-player campaign. At least as a separate sub-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    It would be great to get the most original of this new style of icons and in the single-player campaign. At least as a separate sub-mod.
    The new style icons will be included in the new NTW3 Peninsular Campaign that we will begin working on in the near future

zboia's Avatar Foederatus
    Cheagriv,OPILLIA,Halytschyna,Königreich Galizien und Lodomerien,Austro-Hungary empire

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

ntw III best mod for ntw, thanks!!!
    [SPOILER]

really like the changes u all have done...have one issue though and im not sure why:

1-gibraltar is only a minor fort in campaign game for me...i did a completely fresh install of both base game and mod and it still shows minor fort (running 8.1)...

i tried to post this in ur alls webpage forums but no one has apporved my app yet

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by gogopher View Post
    really like the changes u all have done...have one issue though and im not sure why:

1-gibraltar is only a minor fort in campaign game for me...i did a completely fresh install of both base game and mod and it still shows minor fort (running 8.1)...

i tried to post this in ur alls webpage forums but no one has apporved my app yet
    I have also posted a registration on their site as well, a few weeks has gone by and no word. Not sure if they are still active on this mod or on vacation for the holiday's. I have some real concerns about unit types and variations in the game and the lack of them. Just wish that they would come back.