Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3 v5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Cmon Santa Claus!

For Real!!! Thank you Santa!!

Sigh.. Campaign is still unplayable, crashes at turn 61.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by OttoFIN View Post
    Sigh.. Campaign is still unplayable, crashes at turn 61.
    I am getting my arse kicked playing as France, GB landed 2 full stacks when I had all my Armies fighting Austria and Prussia. Now that I have lost alot of men GB is taking my smaller regions. Nice CAI!!! I havent had any crashes since my windows 7 crash!
    Most challenging mod yet!!!!!
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 13, 2016 at 05:12 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Most challenging mod yet!!!!!
    Glad to hear the SPC mod is running better for you. I usually keep an army garrisoned in Paris when Napoleon is campaigning far away from the homeland.

There are still some crashes, but I save regularly, and it is far more stable. Battle AI is giving me a very solid fight, and campaign AI is better I think too. Right now I'm deadlocked with Prussia in the Rhineland, Austria keeps on coming at me in northern Italy and Bohemia, I had simultaneous landings by the British in Brittany and Provence that nearly ended me. Very pleased. Certainly not unplayable as OTTOfin suggests.

Thank you for the update, we worked to make the v5.1 more stable ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM.

A question on the make up of navies of the time; only the Spanish and British navies can build first rates. The French navy's heaviest ship in game is their excellent tonnant class 80 gun third rate. Historically though, the French navy built quite a few 120 gun first rates of the orient class. British navies in game often turn up with several 98 gun second rates and possibly a 106 or 122, when in fact they should be dominated by 74 gun third rates, being much more maneouvrable and versatile than the big French and Spanish three deckers historically

Commodore Wesley set the naval fleets for NTW3 v5 and there have no major changes in the v5.1 patch. He did mention that the 74 gun Third rate ships were dominant in the day and they have been made affordable and easy to build in the NTW3 mod. The larger 98+ gun ships become expensive and have longer build times.

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Hi, thank you for this great mod, I think it's the best one for NTW so far but ! I was playing the British campaign and when the game was really interesting I had a CTD and no matter what I tried when I launch next turn it always crashed. Any suggestion ? I have windows 8 and my original NTW game is in French.

Hello,there is a question,when I play SP Campaign,the Line Infantry still firing only with the first row,is this for normal?
    Maybe there is some way to make Line Infantry just like skirmish mode(individual firing) in SP Campaign.......thanks for watching my pool english question = 口 =

That's the vanilla firing mechanism if I remember right. Did you install both parts right? I had two or three ranks firing when I played earlier. You may want to try a fresh reinstall of Napoleon.

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by templier View Post
    I was playing the British campaign and when the game was really interesting I had a CTD and no matter what I tried when I launch next turn it always crashed. Any suggestion ? I have windows 8 and my original NTW game is in French.
    Windows 8 has been a problem since it was released. I suggest downloading the free upgrade to Win 10 and see if the SP Campaign runs better. Please remember the original NTW game was developed to run on a 32 bit OS when it was released in early 2010. I've played the v5.0 British campaign through April 1808 (World domination) on my older 32 bit dual core with a GTX 550ti video card with no problems except having to reload some very large battles when 2 or 3 armies were involved

British infantry storms the Danish star fort at Copenhagen

Victory is secured for the British empire over Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by cylltylmlgh View Post
    Hello,there is a question,when I play SP Campaign,the Line Infantry still firing only with the first row,is this for normal?
    This was very normal on the real battlefields for this time period. The second row of infantry would often fire if they had a clear field of fire, but the muskets were often going off in the ears of the front line soldiers (not very pleasant for them)
    Last edited by Lord Davn; April 06, 2016 at 12:16 PM.

Shouldn't the second rank be firing almost all the time? I've been thinking that the second rank would almost always be able to lean over the first rank to fire. In my reading, the debate was always over should the third rank be shooting, not the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Shouldn't the second rank be firing almost all the time? I've been thinking that the second rank would almost always be able to lean over the first rank to fire. In my reading, the debate was always over should the third rank be shooting, not the second.
    Here is a website on Infantry Tactics and Combat during the Napoleonic Wars. http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napole..._tactics_2.htm
    I often see my second and occasionally the third rank firing on a regular basis in my campaign battles.

Biarchus

Davn,

Would you know if there is a way to uninstall the 5.1 patch only, without getting rid of the base 5.0 ver. In order to be able to play a mp campaign which worked fine in ver 5.0?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I only ever played single campaign I with NTW (with all TW titles actually). But considering the quality of NTW3's combats, I was wondering : is head to head multi campaign possible with NTW ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    I only ever played single campaign I with NTW (with all TW titles actually). But considering the quality of NTW3's combats, I was wondering : is head to head multi campaign possible with NTW ?
    Only with NTW3 ver 5.0. The head to head mp campaign with ver 5.1 patch is broken. There is no way to uninstall the 5.1 patch, so you would have to uninstall all of NTW3 mod, then just reinstall parts 1 & 2 of ver 5.0( no 5.1 patch). You would then be able to play a head to head mp campaign with minor nations included. Remember, if your playing "classic" style mp battles online currently, after you do the reinstall, you will not be able to play mp battles because you will only have ver 5.0 and everyone else has 5.1.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Only with NTW3 ver 5.0. The head to head mp campaign with ver 5.1 patch is broken. There is no way to uninstall the 5.1 patch, so you would have to uninstall all of NTW3 mod, then just reinstall parts 1 & 2 of ver 5.0( no 5.1 patch). You would then be able to play a head to head mp campaign with minor nations included. Remember, if your playing "classic" style mp battles online currently, after you do the reinstall, you will not be able to play mp battles because you will only have ver 5.0 and everyone else has 5.1.
    Ok, thanks.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

In my campaign only first rank fires, but when i select "MP" from launcher, everyone with line of sight fires (all ranks may fire if they are on steep hill).
    Any ideas what is wrong?

EDIT: I am not sure, but i think that some line infantry/militia units fire with all ranks, while others with only first rank... Not sure like i said, but it really messes with game balance since units are balanced using "MP" option in launcher.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; June 18, 2016 at 06:24 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer