Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Really looking foward to this, this will probably surpass LME

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    DO NOT USE THE SAVE REPLAY BUTTON on the lower right of the box once the battle is over, this will cause the game to crash
    I'm wondering if this still applies to the latest version of the game? Is there no other way to save replays, console command or something like M2TW? One of my favorite parts is going back and rewatching battles more cinematically and enjoyably, not having to worry about commanding.

The solution with "Hero units" sounds really good. If they die, they die. Line units will have to be brought up to "Hero" status the hard way.

I know we are eagerly anticipating the release of the Grand Campaign . . . but . . . are there plans to bring NTW III to the Peninsular and "Young Napoleon" campaigns?

Will these "hero" units be retrainable to replace numbers?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    Will these "hero" units be retrainable to replace numbers?
    As noted in the above post "if they die, they die". These units have earned their stripes in previous battles and are irreplaceable and NOT recruitable. This needed to be done to free up room in the recruitment bar when you upgrade to the Military & Staff College and build your Elite & Guard units. These units are replaceable (with longer build times) to reflect the lengthy training required for them.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As noted in the above post "if they die, they die". These units have earned their stripes in previous battles and are irreplaceable and NOT recruitable. This needed to be done to free up room in the recruitment bar when you upgrade to the Military & Staff College and build your Elite & Guard units. These units are replaceable (with longer build times) to reflect the lengthy training required for them.
    Deleted post.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; August 12, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Campidoctor

What sort of bonuses does the ai get with battle difficulty over Normal? Is it actual stats upgrades, like morale whatnot?

I may mis-understand the questioner, but I think the question was whether a unit could come back up to full strength, given some casualties. I assume the answer is 'Yes'.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; August 12, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Thank you guys for this mod. I play it just for one week but i totally fall in love with this mod, it gives me many new multiplayer experiences. I really enjoy realism of units, they accuracy and morale it´s so realistic but..i must agree with Marshall of France. Some things should be fixed: AI(everything has been said by Marshall of France), cavalry are stuck many times behind the marching units, some units have incorrect flags, historical battles are awesome but please use smaller unit cards like Darthmod has(you can´t handle all your units), when i try to play multiplayer campaign with my friend we can´t see all nations(they are under the screen) and last thing is MUSIC(it´s really killing this mod), what about music when battle starts ? Some gongs or what it is ? Please add some (historical) epic music to the battles, The Classical Music Mod v0.7 is best what i´ve ever heard(maybe NAPOLEON TOTAL FLAGS 2.3 AND EPIC MUSIC this is kind of modern music but really epic). I just think that mod like NTW3 is should have better music

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Lord Davn and the rest of the team, I've been finding issues.
    And have you thought of making a separate scenario for 1812, 1813 and 1815? And why isn't Lezipig featured in historical battles?
    When playing a custom battle, french units, british units, all faction colours look very bland. Very bland.
    And have you thought of putting 40 vs 40?
    Is the Penisualr campagin playable for 3.1?
    Is it me or am I judging it incorrectly?

So still a host of problems left. Of course this is upto you people.
    This thread is specifically for the NTW3 SP Campaign game mod. Many of these issues in your post relate to either the Historical Battles or MP battle maps and should be addressed on those threads. That way the the Lords who developed & worked on them will be aware of issues you've noted and can address them.

The few items that are related to the campaign game;
    ~the SP Campaign game is set to play with 20 unit limits for the battles, we may try to upgrade it to 40 units in a follow on patch. The main goal is to initially release a stable campaign game for the TW community to play.
    ~ the AI for the SP Campaign game has been revised and will give you a good fight most of the time, it is still no substitute for a human opponent who you can play against with drop in battles.
    ~the Peninsular Campaign was never modded for NTW3
    I hope this addresses some of your concerns related to the SP Campaign
    Last edited by Lord Davn; August 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    What sort of bonuses does the ai get with battle difficulty over Normal? Is it actual stats upgrades, like morale whatnot?
    The change in the -SP Campaign game difficulty settings were addresed on page 1 of this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates

The change in the -SP Campaign game difficulty settings were addresed on page 1 of this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates
    Hello Lord Davn, setting the difficulty of the battles on "hard", in what improves the AI behavior? faster reload and fire? more accuracy? faster movement?

Campidoctor

Indeed, that's what spawned the question for me. What I'm wondering is what the bonuses to the ai are specifically, for battle in particular. It might be NTW hardcoded, I don't know. I just want to know if they get stat bonuses in any way, or if higher difficulties only affect ai behavior somehow. From what I've understood, M2TW was the only TW game that actually did not give stat bonuses on higher difficulty settings, but I wanted to double check here.

What I'm wondering is what the bonuses to the ai are specifically, for battle in particular. It might be NTW hardcoded
    These are the changes we made for the campaign AI difficulty settings. On easy its basically you vs the AI & the best brains at CA which isn't saying much
    The higher difficulty settings were toned down because ultra hard was almost impossible to play on.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The battle AI gets an additional morale bonus at the higher settings making the AI units stand and fight longer.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; August 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Campidoctor

Ooo, thanks for that info. CAI difficulties sounds good, but is morale the single factor that's effected with higher battle difficulties? If so I think I'll play on Hard instead of Normal, which I usually prefer just for stats equality because I thought attack and defense values might have been raised otherwise.

The few items that are related to the campaign game;
    ~the Peninsular Campaign was never modded for NTW3
    Any plans to include the Penninsular and/or Italian campaigns in NTWIII later?
    Last edited by Nimitstexan; August 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

If so I think I'll play on Hard instead of Normal, which I usually prefer just for stats equality because I thought attack and defense values might have been raised otherwise.
    These are the settings our beta testers use for best game play. These will give you a very good challenge; try the battle AI on very hard and see how hard of a fight the AI gives you
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

If I download the new version (3.1) of the mod,will I be able to play a stable campaign ? :/