Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: SP news...

Duchy of Warsaw didn't have flag. I know it's strange but white-red polish flag was introduced during November Uprising (1830-1831). You should use coat of arm. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._of_Warsaw.svg

Duchy of Warsaw wasn't Kingdom of Poland that fact had important consequences in international politics.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuk View Post
    Duchy of Warsaw didn't have flag. You should use coat of arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    As you can see from the pics of the recruitment bar (in the prior posts), the uniforms for the Sicilian army units were not modded for NTW3 v2. If someone can provide uniform pics for the 1805 Army units of Sicily & Naples, I will make a request to Lord Fullin to make them (after his work on NTW3 v3 is complete).
    Of course,
    was not asking for modding the uniforms of the kingdom of Sicily but simply to extend them to napoli ... and not the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by MARMONT View Post
    Of course, was not asking for modding the uniforms of the kingdom of Sicily but simply to extend them to napoli ... and not the reverse.
    I am not sure if the uniforms for Sicily are correct because CA made them
    I will inquire with our Lord of uniforms to see what can be done.

We have been discussing combining the Kingdom of Naples & Sicily in our campaign game and from my research and discussion with Lord Desaix the two Kingdoms were both under the rule of Ferdinand IV but maintained separate constitutions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdina...e_Two_Sicilies
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

By your own sources:
    1805: the Bourbons are deposed by Napoleon and the Emperor forms his own kingdom of Naples,...the Bourbons continue to rule from Sicily without any power over Naples.
    23 january 1806 Ferdinand fled to Palermo etc...
    Too bad, only 23 days we can't have a proper Napoleonic Kingdom of Naples...

In reply to your request regarding the Two Kingdoms of Sicily, I must admit my info is limited and I have corrected the posts. This is a very interesting piece of history that could be added to the SP Campaign game, but I would need more information to set it up properly. The article notes that just "prior to the out break war in 1805" Ferdinand first signed a peace treaty with France and then within a few days aligned himself with the Third Coalition.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I have started the first turn of our campaign game in August 1805 because this is when the opposing factions began marching their armies to start the war of the Third Coalitions. There are three scenarios that can be modded from this;

1.) As it's currently portrayed in the SPC game, the opposing factions have declared war on each other and taken sides and the two separate factions of Naples & Sicily are aligned with the Coalition camp.
    As you requested they could be combined into one faction and aligned with the Third Coalition.

2.) War has been declared and the Two Kingdoms (as one faction) have just signed a treaty of neutrality with France. The player would have to decide to stay with France or switch sides as Ferdinand did. You would have to research their trade agreements etc. so they can be set properly in the game. Victory conditions would have to remain ambiguous to allow the player to choose either side and conquer 4 or 5 territories.

3.) The Two Kingdoms of Italy are completely neutral to both Coalitions. The player can then decide what course of action to take for his combined Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 14, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

The three scenarios that you have proposed are very interesting.
    The choice is difficult but I would incline for the second...

Quote Originally Posted by MARMONT View Post
    The choice is difficult but I would incline for the second...
    The Two Kingdoms are now neutral at the start of the campaign game (August 1805) with their historical friendships & grievances.
    I will work on combing the two factions when I finish work on the major factions for the beta test patch.
    We will need some info & pics for correct uniforms for the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.

Great job

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    Why dont you make one protectorate of the other ...
    I thought about that but then you do not have control over that region as a protectorate and they could become unpredictable

In my opinion the protectorate would be quite unhistorical...

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    Yes of course it would be .
    Its the closest to historically correct,2 "brother" kingdoms,people ,etc.

But whats your solution then ?
    None.
    And as none is worst than the protectorate i think that its a good solution,but if a better one shows up ,ill vote for it.
    My solution is in my previous post, the 2) Lord Davn solution

Of course not, that was just my wishful thinking...
    the hypothesis number 2 contained in the post of Lord Davn is in my opinion the best:

" War has been declared and the Two Kingdoms (as one faction) have just signed a treaty of neutrality with France. The player would have to decide to stay with France or switch sides as Ferdinand did. You would have to research their trade agreements etc. so they can be set properly in the game. Victory conditions would have to remain ambiguous to allow the player to choose either side and conquer 4 or 5 territories."

If we make one a protectorate, which one is the playable faction?
    Sicily with Naples as protectorate OR Naples with Sicily as a protectorate

I would go with Sicily as protectorate and Naples as playable.

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

We have just released a beta test with many improvements to the NTW3 Campaign game. If you would like to help test and give us some input for improvements

Please go to the Lordz website: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/index.php (register & login)
    then request for Lord Liberalis to give you access to the workshop: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=13444
    You will find the download links and beta testing info on our SP Campaign mod thread

The Kingdom of Italy is well represented in the Campaign including the Polish units that fought along side them in 1805
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

We have just put up a NTW3 SP Campaign beta 2 test mod on the Lordz site

If you would like to help test and provide input for improvements please go to the Lordz website:
    http://www.thelordz.org/forum/index.php (register & login)

then request for Lord Liberalis to give you access to the workshop: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=13444
    You will find the download links and all the info for the improvements we have made on our thread for the SP Campaign patch
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 01:52 PM.

Hello guys,
    I started playing NTW3 V2 a few weeks ago, great work, thank for that.
    I am quite interested in this part of history and from what I have read, the notion of supply line, line of operation, is missing in most of the games.
    Would it be possible to include something like having army morale decreased or their ammo limited when it is not possible to draw a straight line from the army to the nearest allied city, or farmland?
    The whole part of more strategic manoeuvring is also missing: concealed movements to surprise armies, this was one of Napoleon strength: appear when and where he was not expected, moving fast. Here, we go from Strasbourg to Vienna in 2 turns without much interception and whether we attack an army from the front or from the back it does not change anything to deployment, troop preparation etc... would it be also possible to design something like this?
    Thanks for considering and again thank for the work you have done.

Roped

Quote Originally Posted by roped View Post
    I am quite interested in this part of history and from what I have read, the notion of supply line, line of operation, is missing in most of the games.
    The Europe in Conflict mod that Top Cat released included some of the items you mentioned. I'm not sure how they worked out in real game play
    Quote Originally Posted by roped View Post
    The whole part of more strategic maneuvering is also missing: concealed movements to surprise armies, this was one of Napoleon strength: appear when and where he was not expected, moving fast. Here, we go from Strasbourg to Vienna in 2 turns
    The fog of war is an intragal part of the campaign game and we have included Scout Cav and Skirmisher units in the barracks for the major factions to provide scouting forces for your main army.

The movement rates for ALL of the factions have been adjusted to represent realistic marching distances. The French have received bonus points for their abilities to march quicker than anyone else. In two weeks (one campaign turn) a large French army unit could cover an average distance of 154 miles or 36 movement points. Keep in mind they usually had scout units screening the main body and a lengthy supply train following them.

Last edited by Lord Davn; February 06, 2013 at 09:16 PM.