Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Preacher View Post
    Is the AI BLOB Bug still there or was it fixed?
    It should occur less often with the new v5 mod. The AI is good when it's on the attack and I give it every opportunity to attack my force whenever possible. In a recent test game I passed on the chance to intercept the AI army and let it move forward to attack. Their units deployed at the start of the battle and gave a pretty account of themselves.

Another option is to move your army into the AI red zone and let them intercept you rather than do a direct attack on them.

Give the AI a little time while you setup your forces and the AI will breakout and deploy its units.

A good field commander is also patient and will take time to allow his allies to join him before pressing the attack.

The AI will form their battle lines and give both of you a good fight
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 28, 2014 at 06:39 PM.

I am very happy to see the results that Davn and the campaign team as achived. As I told davn before, we just know what the NTW3 mod means, after months of numbers and columns in the exel tables it gradually ruins your eyes. So please when you play your campaign or a mod, remember that there is a team of passionate people that lose months (literally) of their live to make a free to play incredible simulator/product. My greetings goes to them, and to all the other Lordz that in these 4 years struggled to create the best Napoleonic than ever, also if they had to deal with the worst game code ever made.

I will not tell you about the time spent discussing, thinking, trying, creating. Fog of War for example, made by Lordz and included without credits in the following Total Wars. FoW is born in Turin, Italy, in Sabotino' Square by the genius of a man with love an passion for the Emperor. So enjoy your campaigns, give your feedback and try to help the team. All we have done, have been done for you, for free.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 28, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Nice to see you around Lord Sean.
    We do all that modding with pleasure and passion.
    And I know the code is aweful.

Its like making love to an ugly woman!

Default Re: NTW3 v45 SP & MP Campaign Updates

The patch files & testing are FINALLY complete and have been sent to Lord Desaix & Lord Cappone to create the installer for the long awaited NTW3 v45 Patch. We have started to update Page 1 of this thread with the improvements made to the campaign

hi there!

firstly i have to say: this is the best mod i ever played! nice work and plz dont stop making some great stuff gents

and now my question: ive got an 64bit system so the campaign always crashes after a couple of turns. will this problem be fixed in version 4.5? or is there actually a way to fix it? i searched a lot in forums but dont get an answer...
    would be nice cuz i love the campaigns and it frustated me to start every evening a new campaign.

many thanks in advance!

greetz
    Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by Maitland View Post
    I've got an 64bit system so the campaign always crashes after a couple of turns. will this problem be fixed in version 4.5?
    The main focus of the v45 patch for the SPC mod was to make it more stable on a 64 bit OS. We removed the building, fort and port additions that were in the v4 spc mod to achieve this and our beta testing on 64 bit cpu's indicates that it is more stable now.

CA developed the original NTW game to run on the 32 bit OS which was main steam a few years ago. Most players have since upgraded to the 64 bit OS and it has issues with the additions that we've made to the original vanilla campaign game. This is due to the more in deapth processing that the 64 bit can achieve. This was even addressed at CA's modding summit this spring.

Even the Great War mod which was a tremendous undertaking to remake the Napoleonic mod into a WW I mod has similar issues:
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 27, 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Skep's Avatar Civis

Hey all,

I just downloaded this mod yesterday and did some SP tests. I noticed as the United Netherlands when I conquered Oldenburg that I couldn't train any troops there although it had a baracks. Is this a bug or does it become available after some turns?

Also I wondered since you can only train a certain amount of regiments per unit type, is it possible to increase this by building more barracks, farms or something? Or is it fixed per nation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skep View Post
    Hey all,

I just downloaded this mod yesterday and did some SP tests. I noticed as the United Netherlands when I conquered Oldenburg that I couldn't train any troops there although it had a baracks. Is this a bug or does it become available after some turns?

Also I wondered since you can only train a certain amount of regiments per unit type, is it possible to increase this by building more barracks, farms or something? Or is it fixed per nation?

Thanks
    It's fixed per nation although there is a way you can turn unit cap off. Also the reason you cannot recruit units there is because it is not in your home territory I believe.

Default Re: NTW3 v5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by JackofSpades View Post
    Also the reason you cannot recruit units there is because it is not in your home territory I believe.
    Jack is correct, but we have added recruitment for the major factions outside of their home regions were it was historically done or reasonable to believe as the Austrians can now recruit units from Bavaria or Wurttemburg. Some of the details for the improvements are already posted on the First page of this thread. We've done a complete rebuild of the v4 mod for the patch and it will now be released as the NTW3 v5 mod, as the new thread heading indicates

Skep's Avatar Civis

So you can't recruit soldiers outside of your original controlled regions? Is there some point to having a barracks there or should you just replace them with govenments and bring troops from your homelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Skep View Post
    So you can't recruit soldiers outside of your original controlled regions? Is there some point to having a barracks there or should you just replace them with govenments and bring troops from your homelands?
    As for recruiting units for your armies on the campaign march, you'll have to round them up from the home regions as they did in 1805. Some units are available to the major factions where they historically recruited from occupied regions (details are on the First Page of this thread).

The Military recruitment building (Barracks, Drill Schools, etc.) are the predominant (and only) building for many of the regions on the campaign map. It has a slightly higher tax rate than the Admin. buildings but they have a happiness value that the Military buildings do not have. We tried to add more building slots to the smaller regions on the campaign map to give all of them an Admin. & Military building but this made the campaign too unstable and it was not playable. You'll have to decide if it's worth tearing one down to build the other

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 03, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Hey guys I want to say thank you. You made really good game. AI is alive It moves almost like a human player but you should improve behavior of a cavalry it is really awful AI does not know how to use cavalry. ut what I saw is really pleasant to my eyes. Keep doing this great job.

How would I have to go about to make the french IV corps recruitable for the SPC?

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

There used to be a naval crew re-texture mod but i cannot find it anymore, would be a nice addition to the campaign.

Been playing Ottomans (using the alternative start as explained) and got a CTD on turn 15, reloaded several times and it always happened when the AI moves a french army in their turn, so i reloaded, offered an alliance to the French in exchange of joining their war against Austria... and problem solved (so far).

Let us know it turns out ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 09, 2014 at 11:38 PM.

There have been reports that some of Napoleon's Guard units are awol from the v5 campaign game. The recruitment for the Middle & Young Guard units has been moved to the upper level Culture buildings as they were established at later dates. You'll now find them in the Great Museum and Musee Napoleon.

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Enjoying the v5.0 so far, playing as GB, great job The Lordz team, voted for your mod at the MODY award.

Now the things I've noticed so far and some bugs:

Couldn't load a saved game (in this version) in my campaign around late 1806, had to load an auto one instead. Happened just once luckily, but it never happened before.

Color pattern Spanish fleet is using is color pattern of either French (bigger ships of the line) or British (smaller ships).
    The textures for British 98 gun ship of the line is damaged, no full British color pattern. Previous version had it right.

You might consider reverting Toulon port to dry docks from trading port. France having just one dry docks in Brest is simply too few. I agree with the switch of Havre, though.

Keep up with the excellent work,
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Couldn't load a saved game (in this version) in my campaign around late 1806, had to load an auto one instead. Happened just once luckily, but it never happened before.

Color pattern Spanish fleet is using is color pattern of either French (bigger ships of the line) or British (smaller ships).
    The textures for British 98 gun ship of the line is damaged, no full British color pattern. Previous version had it right.

You might consider reverting Toulon port to dry docks from trading port. France having just one dry docks in Brest is simply too few. I agree with the switch of Havre, though.

Keep up with the excellent work, Cheers
    ~ I've played a SP Campaign with Mecklenburg thru 52 turns with only one CTD. One of my skirmisher units was scouting on a road tile (waiting in ambush) and it apparently was blocking the AI from moving along (even though I declined to intercept them). I just reloaded the previous turn, moved the skirmish unit off to the side and no further problems.

~ I'll ask Lord Commodore Wesley to look at next week when he has time.

~ In the v4 SPC we had added Toulon and several other ports on the map at the start of the 1805 campaign. These along with adding forts to some of the regions (rather than the building process) seamed to cause some of the instability on the pc's running the 64 bit OS. We removed ALL of these additions and so far the campaign seams to be more stable

I've noticed some units don't have name and description (one austrian skirmisher unit, probably jeagers, one austrian cavalry unit, same for one spanish cavalry unit) or just the description (e.g. Scots Greys and 15th Hussars). Also, so far I couldn't find some of the units that were presented in the previews, like Silesian Hussars. Is there any way to confirm that my units are exactly the way they should be in v5?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSovereign View Post
    I couldn't find some of the units that were presented in the previews, like Silesian Hussars. Is there any way to confirm that my units are exactly the way they should be in v5?
    The Silesian Hussars were added to the MP battle roster. I did not have enough time to add and test them in the Campaign roster They'll be recruitable (along with the Silesian Skirmishers by Austria) in the v5 patch file. The info card for the British cavalry units will be also be corrected.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 17, 2014 at 06:11 PM.