Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: SP news...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    We're working on it, 95% complete now. Some family health issues have taken considerable time away from working to complete this project, so I ask for your patience.
    Dear Sir,

A humble question:

Do you know if fixing the SP campaign has a positive effect on the MPC(Multiplayer Campaign) side of the game?

I woul be delighted to know if the SP fix and balancing is possible to be transferred over to the MPC side.

Many thanks,

HWick

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HWick View Post
    Do you know if fixing the SP campaign has a positive effect on the MPC(Multiplayer Campaign) side of the game? I woul be delighted to know if the SP fix and balancing is possible to be transferred over to the MPC side.
    The NTW3 SP Campaign of the Coalitions uses many of the same files for its game play as the MP Campaign does. We have play tested the MP version a little with some success, but will wait until completion of the SP Campaign mod (hopefully soon) before working on the MP Campaign

the new version of the campaign will include the changes due to the new v3 for multi or the 2 new patches traveling on parallel tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by MARMONT View Post
    the new version of the campaign will include the changes due to the new v3
    I would like to update the NTW3 Single Player Campaign (along with MP) to v3 at a future date when all of the changes with v3 are finished.

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

Hate to pry, but any news on the update? I still eagerly await playing this game in single player. Hope things are going well!

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

Please Lord Davn,
    any news about the release date???

NTW3 v2.2 SP Campaign patch update

We are 95% complete with all of the fixes & changes to SP Campaign game. Here is the schedule that I am working on to complete the patch; (I ask your patience as my work has been slowed recently by family health issues).

1.) Remove the bugs on turn 1 of the campaign game. For this I need to re-write the Scripting.lua file and freeze ALL of the AI moves, roll the campaign over to turn 2 and using Hybrid Startpos set that as the start of the campaign game (August 1805).

2.) Adjust the starting armies and strength to reflect their historical positions. Hero units for the major factions (line infantry & cavalry) will be placed in game and will NOT be recruit able. They are regular units that have earned their stripes & reputation in previous battles so you must take care of them

3.) Release a beta test patch NTW3 v2.2 with Commodore Wesley's Naval mod so we can get feedback, fix any remaining bugs and make final adjustments. Lord Cappone will put together an easy installer for us to download & install the patch.

4.) Add the updated units from NTW v3 to the SP Campaign game, check the compatibility with 40 stack units, then release the updated NTW3 v3 SP Campaign mod to the TW community
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 30, 2012 at 07:23 AM.

Beautiful Davn, this will be fantastic when you're done!

I try to renovate a previous request: You can put the kingdom of Naples between the allies of Napoleon? (I know this happened with Murat in 1808 but the Neapolitan army uniforms are those of the the Napoleonic era ...)

Can you put the kingdom of Naples between the allies of Napoleon? (I know this happened with Murat in 1808 but the Neapolitan army uniforms are those of the the Napoleonic era
    In 1805 the Kingdom of Naples had a treaty with France but cancelled it and became neutral while they held secret talks to align themselves with the Third Coalition. Their neutrality is reflected at the start of our SP Campaign ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Naples

The matter of correct uniforms for the various factions in the campaign game was recently discussed here on TWC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=580618

Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

You have wrong flag of Naples under minimap and on 3d map. (flags from wrong periods)

Yes, Zuik is correct we should use one of these flags for Naples. Bothe of these flags were used in our 1809-1815 timeframe.

According to my Wargame Miniature rules one of those flags would be more accurate to use with our timeline. I could be wrong though as I am not up to date with Naples info. Also I would hate to have to agree with Zuik

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuk View Post
    You have wrong flag of Naples under minimap and on 3d map. (flags from wrong periods)
    Please advise if this is the correct flag for Kingdom of Naples -1805
    I will try to update SP Campaign game with the correct flag for Napoleonic period ~

Davn thats the correct one that you have in the red box. I believe its the bourbons flag.

It seams as if Naples & Italy were both under the rule of Ferdinand IV at this time and may have flown the same flag
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Naples

Last edited by Lord Davn; January 10, 2013 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Ziuk, I will combine the Kingdom of Naples & Sicily under one ruler with the Burbons flag in the SP Campaign game for 1805.

We should also look at flag for the Duchy of Warsaw, this also appears incorrect
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Warsaw

My Grandfather will role over in his grave if I get this wrong

In 1805 Naples and Sicily same kingdom, right.
    I hope the uniforms will be those Bourbons (Sicilian roster to be clear)

I hope the uniforms will be those Bourbons (Sicilian roster to be clear)
    As you can see from the pics of the recruitment bar (in the prior posts), the uniforms for the Sicilian army units were not modded for NTW3 v2. If someone can provide uniform pics for the 1805 Army units of Sicily & Naples, I will make a request to Lord Fullin to make them (after his work on NTW3 v3 is complete).