Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

NTW3 Campaign notes for players ~ updated August 7th, 2023

The NTW3 v9.4 Campaign download is available on ModDB:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3/downloads/ntw3-v94-campaign-europe

v94 change log with updates for the 1805 European campaign game:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The NTW3 Campaigns of the Coalition is started from the Single Player menu

The Italy & Egypt campaigns have NOT been modded and are NOT playable with the NTW3 mods.
    ***Adding or playing with additional mods is at your own risk and may cause unintended problems***

1805 European Campaign - (Naples & Sicily are now combined so choose the one that is to be your primary capital, the other will become a subjective region)

SP Campaign difficulty settings & game options
    We recommend Medium size units, Campaign Difficulty at Normal Battle Difficulty HARD
    (hard & very hard campaign difficulty options are coded by CA so your allies will break treaties and declare war on you)

Enable drop-in battles ://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?805749-NTW3-v8-8-Campaign-game-MP-drop-in-battles&p=15929949#post15929949

Other Campaign game options can be adjusted as shown below:
    ​It's recommended that you save games often as there are random CTD's inherit with the NTW Campaign as it was originally designed for 32 bit Operating Systems when it was released in February 2010. (the auto-save will save the end of your last turn). Game saves from previous NTW3 SPC mods are NOT compatible with the new v9.0 mod

Diplomacy is much more active and many factions will now make proposals to you on subsequent turns. You will have to spend more time building relations with them over a period of time, even if they're your allies. The Diplomatic relations screen will show what your standing is with each faction. Work the diplomatic relations to keep them above +40 to have GOOD relations, above +80 to have EXCELLENT relations.
    Maintain your close allies above +80 to keep them reliable and committed to your cause.
    It's also a good idea to save game before lengthy diplomacy in case you accidentally declare war on one of your allies. More historical info on diplomacy is post on our Lordz forum:
    http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...p?f=12&t=14987

When making your strategic plans pay close attention to the Alliances; At War and Trade Partners on the Diplomatic screen . Declaring a war on one faction may bring their allies into the fight against you. We have spent considerable time revising the diplomatic relations to reflect the actual conditions at the start of the 1805 campaign. The Kingdom of Two Sicily’s (Naples & Sicily) are neutral the start of our NTW3 campaign as they were for two weeks when they cancelled their treaty with France and were negotiating a secret alliance with the Third Coalition, so they may be persuaded to join either side with the proper incentives.

Use trade agreements & Present State Gifts to improve your relations with other factions. A gift of
    1500 coin will
    usually improve your relations +8 to +10 points, and may keep you out of another war.

The naval fleets in the Mediterranean have been upgraded making the trade routes more crowded
    This historically lead to more unanticipated conflicts as factions fought for lucrative trade routes.

Victory Conditions are Historical based that go until 1812. The harder World Domination VC's go until 1815.
    We’ve also carefully laid out each faction’s Victory Conditions so they do not overlap and conflict with each other. Consider taking only the regions that you are tasked with in your factions VC list when making your strategic plans. Remember The Third Coalition was delicately balanced and each faction had significant differences and objectives that you will also encounter in the course of your campaign.

The SP Campaign game has specific missions for each of the major factions.
    Below the French are tasked with taking Vienna and justly rewarded for their efforts.

The initial missions for Prussia & Austria are now more historically related for the 1805 Main campaign.

Campaign Battles:
    The U_AI Battle mod (by Hedge Knight) is included with this mod and set battle difficulty HARD. The rebel armies have been revised to reflect the diminished fighting capability of your newly acquired region.

YOU WILL experience some CTD's when the campaign battles are loading. Use the pre-battle save game feature that CA included prior to starting a battle, that's why it's there. There are a lot of custom NTW3 units & stats to load for the battles (over 2 GB).

Wurttemberg and her troops now join the French at the start of the turn 1. This alleviates the French having to conquer the region.
    The French player can now decide how to handle the situation in Bavaria with the Austrian forces lurking about.

*Area of Recruitment is limited to raising units in your home regions as it was during the Napoleonic wars.
    **France, Britain, Prussia, and Austria can recruit a limited number of foreign units from the Rhinebund regions and France from Polland when they've peacefully occupied it.
    The Grand Armee' was historically made up of many foreign troops.
    After 1806 about 1/3 of the French army were foreign; by 1812 over half the French troops were foreign.

--> France can recruit units from Netherlands, Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Saxony & Poland when they occupy and take control of these regions.
    .........In addition the French can recruit Duchy of Berg units from Cleves, and Nassau units from Hessen when occupied.

--> The British are able to recruit Hannover and Brunswicker units from the Hannover when when they take control of these regions.
    .........In addition the British can recruit Dutch units from the Netherlands and Belgium (Flanders_Wallonia) when occupied.

The Prussians can now recruit foreign units when they occupy Saxony & Hessen

*There are also advanced units available for the major factions by upgrading your culture & prestige buildings.
    ~The long build times for the upgrades reflect the late formation and arrival of these units during the Coalition Campaign.

General notes:

Check the abilities of your Ministers often and place them in the right positions to gain advantages for your faction.

All of the historical faction leaders are portrayed along with their personal traits.

The tech tree graphics have been enhanced & the techs streamlined for the time era (no steam ships).

Movement points are set for each faction and Large Cannons & Militia units now travel 25% slower than regular infantry units.

NTW3 Campaign Barrack Recruitment System

This allows the player to recruit all of his factions units in a progressive manner as you update your army recruitment buildings. The major factions have 3rd, 4th & 5th level army buildings (Military Academy & Staff Colleges) that reflects their individual military status in 1805. It will take some of the major factions (as well as most of the monor) time to build up to the higher military levels as it did during the Napoleonic wars.

The Veteran units are also very limited so the new two stripe recruits will have to earn their experience in battle. There are cap limits on ALL UNITS so there will be no armies of all elite Guard & Infantry units. All of the minor factions can build artillery units from the Army buildings, this was done due to the limited building slots for many of the minor factions.

>Encampment ~recruits militia, conscript, scout cav units & Regimental Artillery guns in the cannon foundry.

>Barracks ~recruits basic land units; line & light infantry, skirmishers, Lt. Cav, Hussars, Standard Chevauxlegers

>Drill School : allows recruitment of all the above units and adds Veteran, Grenadier plus Dragoon Cav units.

>Military Academy ~adds Elite and Heavy Calvary. Scout Cav are dropped to make room for elite units.

>Staff College ~this adds Guard & Special units (with cap limits) to complete the recruitment roster.

The Artillery recruitment has been revised for the SP Campaign. The heavy 8 & 12# cannons and lighter 4# artillery were widely used in 1805. The lighter more maneuverable 6# cannons became more common in the later years and are available with upgrades to the Military Academy and Ord Board. Also due to the numerous artillery units for the French & Russians we dropped the Howitzers & 8 lbers to make room for their Elite Guard Artillery.

Last edited by Lord Davn; August 09, 2023 at 09:58 AM. Reason: update notes

Default Re: NTW3 v8.0 Campaign game update for players

The Bavaria and Wurttemberg scenarios are NO LONGER available with the NTW3 v94 mod

When you play Bavaria the French AI will take over Wurttemberg and bring their armies up over time to engage the Austrians.
    You'll have to defend Munich from the Austrians until help arrives. The special campaign is scripted to upgrade the Bavaria units to help the player defend the capital of Munich.

Wurttemberg the French AI leap frogs your region and occupies Bavaria with a small force. It's helpful to move up and support the Bavarian army from Austrian attacks until additional French forces arrive.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; August 07, 2023 at 11:10 AM. Reason: updating

Default Re: NTW3 v9.3 Campaign game update for players

NTW3 Campaign battle AI,

The NTW3 Campaigns of the Coalition game mod has all Major and Minor factions playable which include many new customized units, uniforms & stats that were unique to each faction during this time period. There is also an improvement with the campaign & battle AI with the addition of Universal Ai Mod by The Hedge Knight.

It is recommended to set up your army units in the deployment zone and send out cav & skirmisher units to scout ahead of your main infantry forces to make contact with the enemy. This is a more realistic battle tactic and gives the AI time to organize. As you move further into the campaign you will see the AI deploy quicker with more Elite units in battle.

The battle AI will start to organize it units as its General (on the right) comes over to organize the troops into battle line formation.

It takes a little time but the AI does get its units sorted out and ready to fight.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 06, 2022 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: NTW3 v2 Campaign game update for players

Quote Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
    I'm trying this with a friend, we both have same exact game versions, running on low game settings. We can play MP battles just fine.

We're trying a campaign and running it out of "Campaign" mode instead of MP mode, because in MP mode we can't recruit units in the MP campaign.

Ok so we start the campaign, playing as North Italy and Papal States. Everything is fine. But when we enter a battle it crashes, the first time it desynced, second time I entered and was waiting, and he entered and was waiting and we couldn't even hit Menu or escape so we alt tabbed and ended it. Third time mine loaded and was waiting and his crashed while loading into battle.

Is there some obvious thing we're missing here? Or just a bug? I was host and entering battle as reinforcements. Graphics on low, unit size on low. LAN connection. We can do the turnbased part just fine with no issues.
    those crashes are basic Napoleon Total War bugs. that is one of the thousand proofs that CA releases bugged stuffs.

Default Re: SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    What does "SP" stand for?????
    Single Player Campaign (SPC)
    Start the NTW3 v2.0 mod by clicking the desktop icon. This will open the launch screen where you can select the NTW III Campaigns button. Start the game and select Campaigns of the Coalitions when the game screen loads. You can now play as anyone of the Major or Minor factions in Europe. As noted on the opening post the other campaigns in Italy, Egypt and Spain (Peninsula) have not been modded yet and play as their original NTW vanilla version.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; April 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Hi,
    First of all; thanx for a great MOD. I love what you have turned NTW into
    I have been playing France (SP) on some different difficulty-levels; E/E, N/N and H/H, but it seems that the Austrians are very weak (campaign AI). Wurtemburg takes Tyrol early on and no austrian army comes close to Bayern. The russian emperor and his army is gone too.
    Instead the austrians seem to pile up regiments in Vienna, leaving Bohemia and venice empty.
    Is this "normal" behavior or could it be because I have changed the unitsize-limit in my save-game?

best regards...

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    Is this "normal" behavior or could it be because I have changed the unit size-limit in my save-game?
    The NTW3 v2 Single Player Campaign of the Coalitions includes the U_AI mod (by Hedge Knight) which improves the game play over the original NTW campaign. Changing the unit size may have changed some aspects of the SP campaign game and the AI behaviour. Can you share some info about the changes you made?

Quote Originally Posted by davn33 View Post
    Changing the unit size may have changed some aspects of the SP campaign game and the AI behaviour. Can you share some info about the changes you made?
    hi davn,
    thanx for the fast reply.
    i have changed the stacklimit to 40 regiments/stack and have observed how the AI are piling up regiments in their cities. not much action is going on; only russia have conqured bessarabia from the turks; wurtemburg still hold tyrol and britain block my harbours in the english channel but nothing else.

best regards...

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    have observed how the AI are piling up regiments in their cities. not much action is going on; only russia have conqured bessarabia from the turks; wurtemburg still hold tyrol and britain block my harbours in the english channel but nothing else
    Doesn't sound like the same NTW3 SP Campaign game, adding other mods or changing the stacks to 40 may have changed the AI behavior

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by davn33 View Post
    Doesn't sound like the same NTW3 SP Campaign game, adding other mods or changing the stacks to 40 may have changed the AI behavior
    Yes he is right, I have changed the unit limit to 40 too, but AI is very weak, even on hard.
    I have not tried a normal unitsize campaign tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    Yes he is right, I have changed the unit limit to 40 too, but AI is very weak, even on hard
    Playing with basic 20 unit armies the U_AI should give you a good challenge on normal (=hard) or hard (=very hard).
    I think your 40 unit army stacks are scaring the AI

hi,
    thanx for the replies.
    it might have scared my enemies. i started a 20-unit campaign and are experiencing a totally different AI; much more action for my generals.
    GREAT game!

@davn33

A request, i would love to see regular recruitment for troops only possible in home territories, outside your homelands one could only recruit militia and conscripts alike, apart from the historical point of view it would make conquering other territories for players more difficult.
    With later versions you could probably add some limited historical regiments for designated factions in Areas of Recruitment. What do you think?
    I know there needs a lot to be done and you have done a great job with this release. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    With later versions you could probably add some limited historical regiments for designated factions in Areas of Recruitment. What do you think?
    Appreciate the input, we are looking at the the barracks recruitment process now. I will forward this to Lord Sean for consideration. Thx

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

hi i tested your Mod also, at time i search for the best NTW+Mod game fun for me. it's not easy(many of good works are here

the speech sound (commands/reactions of die... from the units are disabled!)chance to fix them?
    the units moving problems in the near of buildings or in towns are bad. the DM Mod go a better way. maybe i see that so?
    the units are very slow in my opinion! is this a part of NTW3 or you plan this to change.
    i can't play Poland in the campaign no flag to select this country!
    are you plan to add another small submods like (portraits, bigger flags... ) as in LME3?
    is the animation technics in fight and another the standard vanilla or modified? in DM or LME3 the animation looks and works better.
    the unit troops lines blockade complytly my cavalry i must change position for the line to less the cavalry. thats look stupid when my and anemy lines fire and the cavalry hang up in the first line of my troops. maybe the AI have to much bugs at time.

the all units are fantastic! very different and beautiful! who make this units? or is this work of different units mods.

salute.

I am not part of the mod team, but will make some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldwolf View Post
    the speech sound (commands/reactions of die... from the units are disabled!)chance to fix them?
    I hear dying sounds.

the units moving problems in the near of buildings or in towns are bad. the DM Mod go a better way. maybe i see that so?
    I think you see that so, unless those mods remove buildings and objects.

the units are very slow in my opinion! is this a part of NTW3 or you plan this to change.
    This is realism mod, so you have to understand units in woods move slower then on roads,

i can't play Poland in the campaign no flag to select this country!
    At the start of the campaign I think Poland is occupied by Prussia and thus not liberated, not sure.

are you plan to add another small submods like (portraits, bigger flags... ) as in LME3?
    Can you tell what submods you'd like to see? There are some submods you can use that are compatible.
    I for example use pdguru graphic mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413341

is the animation technics in fight and another the standard vanilla or modified? in DM or LME3 the animation looks and works better.
    Are you sure?

the unit troops lines blockade complytly my cavalry i must change position for the line to less the cavalry. thats look stupid when my and anemy lines fire and the cavalry hang up in the first line of my troops. maybe the AI have to much bugs at time.
    Really? I see cavalry charges are devastating when used properly.

okay thx for the answer

The recruitment bar for the French army has many units to choose from to conduct your campaign across Europe
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 03, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

You are not authorised to read this forum.

Can you PM me the patch davn?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; May 29, 2022 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post

Can you PM me the patch davn?
    I will try to send it to you, its 75 Mb though
    I sent request to Lord Fullin to add you on Lordz site, please check there in a bit.

Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast