Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitstexan View Post
    Have you considered allowing at least limited naval contruction (frigates, maybe even 3rd rates) at commercial ports for all nations? It would, perhaps, help the AI to maintain its navies, and would also more realistically simulate the problem of the RN had with French commerce raiders and ships of the line under construction all up and down the coast of France?

Also, I am probably missing it in the readme somewhere, but is there a reason none of the regions in France have roads?

Finally, is there a reason certain French Generals (Napoleon, Ney) do not have the rally button available in game?
    1. Maybe, they are going to add some unique ships to the SPC later. The larger ships of the line have unit caps and therefore nations like Denmark, Sweden and others are not provided with some first and second rate ship, they historically had: Everything has been scaled down. Historically, the Royal Navy would have had almost a thousand ships of all sizes under sails in 1805 and it is important to not allowing other nations to easily overwhelm it in game, as this would hamper Great Britains ability to ship stacks to the continent - to Spain, Hannover, Britanny, the Balearic Isles etc. - Unless you are allied with Great Britain, don't try to challenge its fleet. You may still be able to execute commerce raids and take on some less well protected commercial fleets.

2. You are probably refering to the Macadam roads? They were removed, because the Scotchman Macadam invented them only around 1820. So they are ahistoric as are the advanced steamships that you have in vanilla and which were introduced in the Royal Navy first, starting with the 1820s/30s.

3. I don't remember, if it's the rally or the inspire ability, but you have to research it in the military tech tree (or "buy it" - I mean not in RL, don't offer Sega/CA money for it!).

I would second the request for the "general andy musket" sound, if it is possible. From my own reenacting experiance, it is much closer to the real thing than anything else I have heard in NTW.

In fairness, though, I am not real impressed with the sound effects of NTW3 . . . it is one of the few areas where I feel DM has it beat. I also find the "ambient" background cannon fire annyoying (much preferred default)
    Personally, I found DM's drum hoo-ha terribly unpleasant, and I like the background cannonade, the imperceptible thundering from afar. - "March to the sound of the guns, Grouchy!" TROM 2 on the other hand has no variation, but offers a more immersive alternative to the bland vanilla beat imho.

There is already another thread related to Andy's musket sounds. Are you using live ammunition during reenactments?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundil View Post
    1. Maybe, they are going to add some unique ships to the SPC later. The larger ships of the line have unit caps and therefore nations like Denmark, Sweden and others are not provided with some first and second rate ship, they historically had: Everything has been scaled down. Historically, the Royal Navy would have had almost a thousand ships of all sizes under sails in 1805 and it is important to not allowing other nations to easily overwhelm it in game, as this would hamper Great Britains ability to ship stacks to the continent - to Spain, Hannover, Britanny, the Balearic Isles etc. - Unless you are allied with Great Britain, don't try to challenge its fleet. You may still be able to execute commerce raids and take on some less well protected commercial fleets.
    I was referring to the fact that the minors already can build frigates and (later) 74s at trade ports. I think that would be appropriate for the the majors, as well, particularly considering that most frigates (and smaller ships of the line) did not require the specialized facilities needed by the three-deckers.

2. You are probably refering to the Macadam roads? They were removed, because the Scotchman Macadam invented them only around 1820. So they are ahistoric as are the advanced steamships that you have in vanilla and which were introduced in the Royal Navy first, starting with the 1820s/30s.
    Nope. When I start a GC as the French, at least, no provinces, including Paris have roads of any kind.

3. I don't remember, if it's the rally or the inspire ability, but you have to research it in the military tech tree (or "buy it" - I mean not in RL, don't offer Sega/CA money for it!).
    What is confusing me is that, at the start of the GC, the best generals in NTW ratings (Napoleon, Ney) do not have the ability, while the poorer generals (Bernadotte) do. That seems backwards, unless I'm missing something.

I was referring to the fact that the minors already can build frigates and (later) 74s at trade ports.[...]

What is confusing me is that, at the start of the GC, the best generals in NTW ratings (Napoleon, Ney) do not have the ability, while the poorer generals (Bernadotte) do.
    I see. They added frigates and 3rd rates to the trade ports of minors that have access to just one port only (Although doing so they maybe missed that Denmark actually owns another port in Norway?)

Your finding about the generals sounds puzzling indeed.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Have you considered allowing at least limited naval construction (frigates, maybe even 3rd rates) at commercial ports for all nations? Is there a reason none of the regions in France have roads?
    We've taken many of suggestions from the campaign players here and have redone the SPC for v4.

Lord Commodore Wesley has helped us revise the naval ports so the minor factions can now build the appropriate warships for their fleets.
    We've also taken Saddletanks suggestion and upgraded many of the Commercial & Naval docks so the seas will be very active

Both the British & French navies have been reworked with more historically accurate ships.

The Major factions now have basic roads to help you move troops to the front lines. There are also a few other surprises waiting for campaign players.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 28, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

(Although doing so they maybe missed that Denmark actually owns another port in Norway?)
    Your finding about the generals sounds puzzling indeed.
    Both are active. According to Lord Commodore Wesley Denmark was a considerable naval power during this time period and both the French & British fought for control over the Danish fleet.
    We'll look at the rally problem when we start our beta testing shortly

First, thank you for this awesome mod. It make the game really feel a lot more realistic.
    But i cant find the Bavarian(Bayern) and the Württemberg(Wurttemberg) Faction. Are they going to be added?
    For me as a bavarian, it hurts so much, that Saxony is playable but not Bavaria. Don't ask why.

MFG
    Marcel the Bavarian Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_Bayern View Post
    First, thank you for this awesome mod. It make the game really feel a lot more realistic.
    But i cant find the Bavarian(Bayern) and the Württemberg(Wurttemberg) Faction. Are they going to be added?
    For me as a bavarian, it hurts so much, that Saxony is playable but not Bavaria. Don't ask why.
    MFG Marcel the Bavarian Guy
    They should both be playable if all goes as planned with the SPC launch screen the Lord Lannes made for v4. The original NTW vanilla campaign has the Rhine event which gives Wurttemburg & Bavaria to France between turn one & two. This jump starts the campaign and puts France and Austria face to face right away. We play tested it without the Rhine event and decided it was better to leave it in place.

We also removed the Ottomans and the Austrians going to war at the start of turn two because it distracted the Austrian AI from the French threat in Bavaria. This was also not historical so we added a diplomatic restriction so the two factions can not go to war. The Ottomans and Russia however can do battle with each other and the new launch screen will remove the diplomatic restrictions on the Ottomans.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 28, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

So they are already playable?
    I have the latest patch (3.7). Tested all Buttons through in the launcher, i cant play Bavaria anywhere, only in landbattles.
    Can you tell me why? It is my first mod for NTW, but all patches were .exe and installed in the right folder. There cant be anything wrong with my installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_Bayern View Post
    So they are already playable?
    No, they aren't. Please, read again.

I re-posted a discussion from another NTW3 thread that pertains to changes we've made for SPC v4:

Based on earlier discussions on this forum we have adjusted the artillery builds and availability in the v4 campaign game to reflect the use of heavier & slower guns that were predominant on the battlefield in 1805. Most minor (and some major) factions will have to invest time & money to build the more mobile 6 pdr guns that came into use in the later years on the battlefield.

SPC v4 is coming along very nicely. There are new units for Sardinia (by Lord Fullin), Swiss & Papal States (by Girona). Unit icon & info cards courtesy of Lord Lannes.

Area of Recruitment (AoR) is in place ALL factions which means you can only recruit units in specified home regions. The French can recruit local units from Wurttemburg, Bavaria & Switzerland when you occupy those regions. The British can recruit units from Hanover and Netherlands.

I thank to the Lordz for the next release to the mod (when will be?) and only think that a mod like it, whit all that historical units, need ever more and more new maps or scenaries for host custom battles, those, if not is possible create new campaings for the game original....only Italy, Egipth, Europe and a waterloo campaing (the last one not is a real campaing, becoming in a opportunity miss) dont let enougt space for enjoin the units and the experience. V4 !!! i waitting for you!!

ericatus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Playing with basic 20 unit armies the U_AI should give you a good challenge on normal (=hard) or hard (=very hard).
    I think your 40 unit army stacks are scaring the AI
    I didn't know that I could change the unit stacks from 20 to 40 in this (great) mod. Can anyone tell me how it's done? It would be interesting to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ericatus View Post
    I didn't know that I could change the unit stacks from 20 to 40 in this (great) mod. Can anyone tell me how it's done? It would be interesting to try it out.
    There has been some limited success with 40 stack armies. More info about it is posted here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...PAIGN-S-ARMIES

ericatus's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    There has been some limited success with 40 stack armies. More info about it is posted here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...PAIGN-S-ARMIES
    Thank you very much for your response. I'll give it a try.

The SP Campaign notes for players on page 1 has been updated for the v4 release.

It was a long campaign Davn, but thanks for doing it. I am enjoying v4.0 MP, and will try the SP Campaign again soon. Then on to MP campaign. Cheers

I don't have the cool background in the start menu like you do.
    Maybe I messed up with the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by KetsaKunta View Post
    I don't have the cool background in the start menu like you do. Maybe I messed up with the installation?
    Installing the HB mod will remove the customized graphics from the MP and SP selection screens. This is only a cosmetic problem and will be fixed with the v4 patch.