Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Edit-nvm, my question was answered a few pages back. Sorry.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    Are units that are available in custom battles, also available in the 1805 campaign? (since in the personalized battles there are a large number of units) and if they are not, will they be in some next update?
    We add new units to the 1805 Campaign with every update. However the regional recruitment bar is limited so we have to be selective as to what units can be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    We add new units to the 1805 Campaign with every update. However the regional recruitment bar is limited so we have to be selective as to what units can be added.
    Just curious here, what is the regional recruitment bar limit number, like how many units can be added for each region?

I recall a mod I played that my buddy made, he got permission from all modders and added all the units packs from them, like Bart's mod, Aum, etc etc and changed their in game stats to all work together gameplay wise, ended up being HUGE rosters. Was called Toon's All In One mod, are you familiar with it?
    Last edited by warboy; November 20, 2017 at 02:45 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

I apologize if this was answered in some other thread/forum, but whenever I try to play campaign with version 7.5, clicking on the "Campaigns of the Coalition" button causes me to crash every time. I've clean reinstalled, removed old mod files, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatonage View Post
    whenever I try to play campaign with version 7.5, clicking on the "Campaigns of the Coalition" button causes me to crash every time.
    The v75 installer does not add the ntw3 folder that's needed to start the NTW3 Campaign games. This can be fixed by following the directions in this video: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...deo-might-help
    This issue will be corrected with the v75b patch.

So, you've just posted a release of a patch (7.5b). Is it a patch or is it a full install? Is it SP and MP or just MP. There is no indication that it is an update. Pardon me for being a bit confused.

i tried editing wit ESF to add more than 20 units per army (just like big battles) is this not possible? it causes my game to crash. Is there a way around this. is this not advised cuz of AI? thanks in advance.
    18th Century Book about a young Sailor in the Royal Navy, who embarks a great adventure!http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Zacaria-R-Telford/dp/1424142679/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322699110&sr=8-1on

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So, you've just posted a release of a patch NTW3 v7.6. Is it a patch or is it a full install? Is it SP and MP or just MP. There is no indication that it is an update. Pardon me for being a bit confused.
    Where do you see this patch, to my knowledge it's being worked on and not released yet. Hopefully we will have the v7.6 patch in time for the holidays fingers crossed, but realize perfection takes time.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 04, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Civis

new units were added ?, Because I see the same as always and I say more than anything because I play the campaign for a long time.

and talking about the campaign, I think they should give it more priority because a lot of online battle eventually bores.

there are many units in the battle option customized for all factions, it is a pity that they can not be occupied in the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    Where do you see this patch, to my knowledge it's being worked on and not released yet. Hopefully we will have the v7.6 patch in time for the holidays fingers crossed, but realize perfection takes time.
    Forgive me. With all the fanfare it appear that a patch had been released. I was obviously mistaken.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 04, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Great mod, I really enjoy it! But there is one thing: some of my units are not correct, like it is showing a placeholder unit that looks like it is taken from Empire Total War. This is the case with some cav units and some infantry units... don't know if its a mistake on my side or if the mod is not complete? Would be nice if anyone could tell me what's wrong

The new 86 gun ships seem to be a bit buggy.

Default NTW3 v7.6 SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Forgive me. With all the fanfare it appear that a patch had been released. I was obviously mistaken.
    The NTW3 v76 patch has been released, you can find info on it here on our Lordz website: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewt...?f=138&t=16706
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 20, 2017 at 12:03 PM.

Default NTW3 v7.6 SP Campaign Updates

Take time to name your General units as you recruit them so they show up as a named unit on the battlefield

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 20, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: NTW3 v7.6 SP Campaign Updates

I didn't exactly know which thread to post this in since there isnt a media thread so I this is the most relevant thread. Hope this helps!
    Great job on an amazing mod!

Thank you for the video, I will include it on the front page of this thread ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 04, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

Absolutely fantastic mod!! thanks a lot for the hard effort and the magnificent outcome!! if i am allowed i would like to mention something, probably a suggestion. As many fellows above me have stated, its a real pity that you have a great amount of units, a splendid variety, in custom battles, but a really small amount of them can be recruited in SP Campaign. It would be really interesting and wonderful if you could copy them into the campaign game..I play the with the French and feels really sad when i think that in custom battles there is huge roster getting wasted there, compared to my poor one in the campaign. I know you try to insert new units with every new patch, but I beg you to consider seriously what I am suggesting..many respectful modders out there found a way to wisely import huge rosters besides the limit cap...if you could do that the mod will continue to write history for many more years!!!
    Thanks again for the beautiful work you've done!! and sorry if my English is bad..
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 05, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiuslol View Post
    It's a pity that you have a great amount of units in custom battles, but a really small amount of them can be recruited in SP Campaign. It would be really interesting and wonderful if you could copy them into the campaign game..
    and sorry if my English is bad..
    NP, we're glad to help you with your English as well as the NTW3 mod. The original vanilla campaign was designed for short, quick battles with a few units. We have over 800 custom units in the current v7.6 patch with the British & French units maxed out in the current recruitment bar space that we have. We looked at trying to expand to recruitment box a while ago but nothing was available.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 05, 2018 at 08:50 PM.

Reffay's Avatar Laetus

Hello there ! First of all, I'm absolutely fan of your mod, as it's as close as possible to the reality
    I have some questions, I'm sorry if they have already been answered :

I saw on the first pages of this thread some peoples evocated that in SP campaign, especially during siege, ennemies troops will get stuck together and form a huge mob. The first time I thought it was a little buf that would disappear... so I start shooting with 3 canons at the mob and they barely move, only one line or two get off the mob. Almost all the battles I play are siege (I'm playing france with big powerful armies in early) and every time, even regular units get in mob and finally move once my troops are at a melee range. I can totally surround them, they won't move until I fire at them or get at 20-30 meters, shall I let them MUCH time to deploy ?

However, I saw that the Historical Battle of Albuera is playable in SP and that's awesome. Of course the AI still need a kind of boost in the positionning, but is Is there a simple and fast way for you (the modders) to just add all the great Historical Battles you portrayed in SP ? I know it's possible by hosting a MP and adding an AI, but until an ennemy unit see you, they won't move at all, just like they are fighting individually x)

And finally, I saw multiple threads where peoples complain about cavalery, but I find it fine. I just want to ask if their morale is "normal" because sometimes they break after loosing 1/3 of their troops. I know that historically, loosing 1/3 of your total troops is a disaster but is it the same for a cavalery squadron ? For exemple at Waterloo, French cuirassier lost half their man but never litteraly break. It might be an individual case so let me know

PS : About the cavalery again, i'm not sure their endurance is well portrayed, it was normal for cavalery in that time period to charge several times the same formation

Thanks for reading and sorry if my english is bad

Does not having DLCs make any difference when playing this mod?
    Last edited by highsis; January 12, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    Does not having DLCs make any difference when playing this mod?
    No DLC's are required, the NTW3 mods use custom units.