Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Blak's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: NTW3 v7 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The object of our NTW3 mods is to try and give players a historical feel for what it was like to be a minor faction in a major war that encompassed the whole European continent in 1805. So no, you will not be able to conquer all of Europe with Italy or the Papal States. The cap locks are the historical limits of what the smaller factions could raise for armies that were researched and balanced from the book Napoleonic Armies a Wargamer's Campaign Directory: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...aign+directory
    That shines a new light I understand now what the mod aims to achieve , though increasing the limits would be more fun since France and other major factions get to have pretty damn big forces. Other major factions such as Spain are also very limited , cant recruit from Lisabon or Gibraltar ?? Also I very often seem to have crashes during SP campaign and I noticed that if you have all dlc's included (Emperor edition) your MP campaign is totally OK like the map is Eu , but when you use less it reverts to Italia
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 07, 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Blak View Post
    Other major factions such as Spain are also very limited and can not recruit from Lisbon or Gibraltar ?? Also I very often seem to have crashes during SP campaign and I noticed that if you have all dlc's included (Emperor edition) your MP campaign is totally OK like the map is Eu but when you load it reverts to Italia
    Spain would not have been able to recruit from Lisbon due to national differences and would probably have had to keep a large garrison there to quell the population. Gibraltar would have been the same, with a small population of about 15,000 (in 1805) there would not be many recruits for the Spanish army. Their national Anthem is "God Save the Queen" and they have consistently voted to remain a British Overseas Territory.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 11, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

Any status update on the new 7.2 version, also love your guys work but what's a killer for me is your morale system and fatigue is geared more towards medium unit sizes like mp and hb but I play SP campaign a lot with ultra unit sizes so is there a possibility you guys can make a different .pack file for ultra unit sizes, I do love your type of morale fatigue/combat system but just want an extra .pack with the edited kv_morale tables etc geared towards ultra unit sizes for SP campaign?

p.s. I also have pfm if you just want to tell me what to change in kv_rules, kv_morale and fatigue table plus any others tables tied to your combat system.
    Last edited by warboy; January 10, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Hey, it's been a while since I checked up on this mod. I remember posting a big list of Russian units on the Lordz forums, and the resulting argument about Russian recruits in grey greatcoats. Good to see they're in the game!

Has any progress been made on giving the Ruskies big ships? One of the things that annoyed me about the original NTW was that the Russians were limited to 80 gun ships of the line, despite having several larger ships, even if they didn't fight many grand naval battles. It'd be good to be able to sail the Blagodat out, even as a unique unit.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    Any status update on the new 7.2 version, also love your guys work but what's a killer for me is your morale system and fatigue is geared more towards medium unit sizes like mp and hb
    We plan to have the v72 patch released at end of January or beginning of February. As for the unit morale my understanding is that the unit losses incurred are based on a percentage of the units total number. Try playing a battle on large or medium unit size and see what difference it makes. Your battle difficulty should also be on NORMAL for our NTW3 mod, settings at higher levels give the AI an added morale bonus which negates a good part of our kv_morale table. Read our notes for SP Campaign players here on this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 13, 2017 at 02:30 AM.

We plan to have the v72 patch released at end of January or beginning of February. As for the unit morale my understanding is that the unit losses incurred are based on a percentage of the units total number. Try playing a battle on large or medium unit size and see what difference it makes. Your battle difficulty should also be on NORMAL for our NTW3 mod, settings at higher levels give the AI an added morale bonus which negates a good part of our kv_morale table. Read our notes for SP Campaign players here on this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mpaign-Updates
    I do play normal/ normal but I have a monster pc rig and am able to easily play with ultra unit sizes with 40 unit armies (I can play full HB by myself and not suffer any FPS lost). I want it epic, what I'm saying is where on medium unit sizes the line regiment would retreat with ex. 100/123 men then rally back after fleeing for a while but when on ultra unit sizes they don't retreat until 110/240 men like A LOTTTTTTT higher percentage rate which makes it unreasltic. I want the morale/fatigue tables adjusted so the unit starts fleeing after say 200/240 men or whatever was the percentage rate on medium unit sizes....Do you understand what I'm trying to get at?

P.S. I do understand your mod tables are geared towards MP and HB which utilize medium unit sizes but would like an edited version on v7.2 or a submod, whatever is easier.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 13, 2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Not sure if possible, but if you have monster rig, try setting unit size on normal but have 40vs40 battles, or 80vs80.
    However, it is possible that game or AI just won´t work well if battles get too large.

What specs you have btw?
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; January 13, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Set your unit multiplier to 1.3-1.6 to get larger units.

How do I change the infantry of modern French line?

Quote Originally Posted by kais1993 View Post
    How do I change the infantry of modern French line?
    French line units in SP Campaign are custom 1805 uniforms made by Lord Fullin. What exactly would you like to change?

Hello
    I have installed the version 7.2, unfortunately I have the same problem AI of battle as for the other versions of the mod. At the beginning of battle the AI unfolds in block then as soon as my units are close they charge towards them ...

One question I has installed the 7.0 mod and can you please tell me what the background music is when I have the menu screen. Thanks One of the songs is La Victoire est a Nous but what are the other marches? Thanks.

And if I installed the 7.2 do I have to delete the previous mod or just install over it? Thanks

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

I have this weird CTD on turn 26/27 (playing as Russia), it occurs when France is making their move.

Why aren't the flags the same in the campaign map as they are for diplomacy? Russia still has the utterly lame vanilla flag, for example.

Would really like a response asap. It just really gets on my nerves that the flags are different on the campaign maps than they are for diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobrien1998 View Post
    Why aren't the flags the same in the campaign map as they are for diplomacy? Russia still has the utterly lame vanilla flag, for example.
    The diplomacy flags are easy to change, the animation flags not so much. They are difficult to mod so we use the vanilla ones.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hey everyone, loving the mod, I'm playing 7.2. Campaign is crashing for me, going into turn 25 on France's turn. I think it has to do with them capturing Budapest. Is there any way to scavenge my save, or do I need to start a new campaign over?
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

The front page of this thread has been updated for the up coming release of our NTW3 v7.5 MP & SP Campaign mod, more details will be posted.

You can also visit The Lordz forum for more info: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/searc...=active_topics

The diplomacy flags are easy to change, the animation flags not so much. They are difficult to mod so we use the vanilla ones.
    The LME mod has it working fine, I don't see why The Lordz can't get it working.

Civis

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 SP & MP Campaign Updates

Are units that are available in custom battles, also available in the 1805 campaign? (since in the personalized battles there are a large number of units) and if they are not, will they be in some next update?
    zorry for my english
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 20, 2017 at 01:40 PM.