Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    We're getting close to putting out a mod file to test for the SPC patch. There's more info here on our Lordz website: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=15051
    Nice, really looking forward to it, you have really done a great job so far on this mod. Cheers

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Helo, I'm using patch 3.4 and in my campaign with Prussia I had various crashs. Also British brigadier (that's how they're called when I pass the pointer on them), are spammed in northern italy and just stay there static as statues , one more is appearing every turn (now I have 8 of them I guess). But the strangest thing is when I sieged Copenhagen and got this white noise stuck in the headphones. It happened 2 times each time I got a different white noise :-)

None of those really bothers me as I did regular savegames, and with the exception of the brigadier spam everything is back to normal when I load the last save.

In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun in this campaign and slowly learns how to play battles. Guess I'll try multi soon.
    Last edited by Yerevan; November 07, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Helo, I'm using patch 3.4 and in my campaign with Prussia I had various crashs.
    Please read my recent post from Nov. 4th (above). We currently testing a patch for the SP campaign mod that looks to fix a lot of these issues and are working to get it out ASAP

Ah, ok, thx :-)

Sorry for the redundant post.

I also got that white noise on a couple of occasions. I didn't immediately think it was the mod, I thought it just might be my soundcard or something. It might be though.

It generally goes away, so it doesn't really bother me.

Not sure it's the right thread to ask this, but :

Is it possible to use "better renders mod" with NTW3 sp campaign ? Its description mention that it enhance the textures of the vanilla game, and since NTW3 has its own textures and maps, I was wondering if it compromise its compatibility with the visual enhancement mods.
    Last edited by Yerevan; November 08, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

Not sure it's the right thread to ask this, but :

Is it possible to use "better renders mod" with NTW3 sp campaign ?
    I'm not familiar with that mod and have never tested it with our NTW3 SPC mod. You can try it and let us know how it works

I will try, as soon as I will feel more confortable with NTW. In fact, I'm starting from scratch with this game.

I have a noob question btw, is it possible to run the vanilla multi or campaign, even if I have installed NTW3 (or any mod) ?

EDIT : I found the "restore vanilla" option.
    Last edited by Yerevan; November 11, 2013 at 09:02 AM.

Itīs possible but Restore to vanilla option in NTW launcher restores just your scripts. You have to cut all the NTW3 files from your ntw/data folder somewhere. I made another folder here called NTW3. I use NTW3, Darthmod and The Great War mod without any problems. Itīs easy to switch between all these mods..

Quote Originally Posted by lubos94SK View Post
    Itīs possible but Restore to vanilla option in NTW launcher restores just your scripts. You have to cut all the NTW3 files from your ntw/data folder somewhere. I made another folder here called NTW3. I use NTW3, Darthmod and The Great War mod without any problems. Itīs easy to switch between all these mods..
    You mean that if I want to use another mod than NTW3 (for example a mod named "XYZ") : in addition to the restore to vanilla option, I create a folder that I name NTW3 in my NTW/data folder and I put all the .packs that starts with NTW3 in it ? Then I put the XYZ.packs from the folder they belong in the NTW/data folder ? And vice-versa ?

Are there any plans to make the Peninsular campaign playable for the next version, by the way?

You mean that if I want to use another mod than NTW3 (for example a mod named "XYZ") : in addition to the restore to vanilla option, I create a folder that I name NTW3 in my NTW/data folder and I put all the .packs that starts with NTW3 in it ? Then I put the XYZ.packs from the folder they belong in the NTW/data folder ? And vice-versa ?
    For NTW3 that sounds fair enough. However, some mod launchers (like with TGW) actually remove the mod packs from the data into a separate sub folder. However, don't forget about making backups of the "campaign" folders in case any files have been modified there, as well (like i.e. with NTW3 v3.4, while TGW actually comes with its own campaign subfolder).

I tend to use the mod manager (by Mitch) to create the user script entries for mod pack files, but then you need to keep in mind the load order (top of the list, i.e. submod, overwrites following "basic" mod packs). Remember, that movie pack files always load last and don't show up in the mod manager, either (no user script entry needed).

I use NTW3, Darthmod and The Great War mod without any problems. Itīs easy to switch between all these mods..
    Hi Lubos,

I'm wondering, just in case that you play NTW3 MP battles: Don't you experience a lot of connectivity problems, desyncs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundil View Post
    For NTW3 that sounds fair enough. However, some mod launchers (like with TGW) actually remove the mod packs from the data into a separate sub folder. However, don't forget about making backups of the "campaign" folders in case any files have been modified there, as well (like i.e. with NTW3 v3.4, while TGW actually comes with its own campaign subfolder).

I tend to use the mod manager (by Mitch) to create the user script entries for mod pack files, but then you need to keep in mind the load order (top of the list, i.e. submod, overwrites following "basic" mod packs). Remember, that movie pack files always load last and don't show up in the mod manager, either (no user script entry needed).
    Thank you :-)

Hi Lubos,

I'm wondering, just in case that you play NTW3 MP battles: Don't you experience a lot of connectivity problems, desyncs?
    Hi. MP works without any problems because I donīt use any submods or separate mods..only one time get CTD error. It was when I didnīt remove my Darth mod army setups from The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\army_setups folder. You have to change/remove your army setups files every time from save folder when you want to switch to another mod(when you want to click to load button in game it crashes).

Yes. Look

On the left screen Iīm ready to use NTW3. When I want to play Darth or TGW I just cut all NTW3 files from data folder to folder called NTW3 that I made. Then just start Darth or TGW launcher. Darth launcher has option "Restore to vanilla" - that removes Darth files and scripts. TGW launcher does it every time when you quit the game(I donīt have installed TGW at the moment). And I can play vanilla multiplayer too

Yes. Look
    Thanks for the post, I use the same method for the save game files. Just add a folder for the faction you're playing and you can cut & paste the save files to the new folder so reload screen doesn't get to clogged up. We're working on the v37 patch so you can add some more saved game files
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-release/page2

The beta testers are checking out the updated patch file with revised Victory Conditions, also took some time to clean up the tech tree.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 03, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

I am inclined to the view that the techs are too low priced in general? It seems possible to rush through the tech tree, particularly if conquering new lands, at a rate that would, for example, see you complete all techs by about 1810. If they were doubled in cost, that would go out to 1815.

On the other hand, I am playing with the current patch that does not have the LOS shroud on, so I always turn clubs into universities rather than getting more spies. Shroud returning means more need for spies, means less universities, means slower progress on tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Hunter View Post
    I am inclined to the view that the techs are too low priced in general? It seems possible to rush through the tech tree, particularly if conquering new lands, at a rate that would, for example, see you complete all techs by about 1810. If they were doubled in cost, that would go out to 1815.

On the other hand, I am playing with the current patch that does not have the LOS shroud on, so I always turn clubs into universities rather than getting more spies. Shroud returning means more need for spies, means less universities, means slower progress on tech.

I guess, they are going to make the campaign harder, in terms of building costs/time and technology research rate, as soon as the campaign becomes more stable. At the moment, I'd try to complete the victory conditions asap (i.e. as French within 15 turns or less, no need to recruit troops, you have what it needs, if you act fast - like Napo did; but the VCs are going to be made tougher, as well). Time will tell.

Also, I'd personally always opt for universities - unless I need to appease the populace - and use light cav that can hide on the campaign map for raiding and scouting.
    It's kind of a pity that you can simply upgrade buildings without having to worry about technology research. Maybe it helps the AI, but if the AI gets enough resources, it will trade technologies anyway. Idk, if this is going to be left as is. Perhaps some people prefer it to be this way. Nvm.

Looks like our Lordz site will be down until the end of November. We'll post our patch updates here on our TWC site.

The beta testers were very busy this weekend giving the revised NTW3 SPC v37f patch a good workout and so far it's much more stable. Because a lot of the problems don't show up until later in mid 1806 and on they'll continue to test. Meanwhile I'm working to complete a few remaining items (revised building and unit cost & upkeep) as noted in the post above. We'lll then work to compile the files to the patch ready for release
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM.