Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

In a sense I agree. The rocket issue: yes, only the Brits had them, and only the Brits had any real experience in what was needed to make them work. But . . . if the French had ever decided it was really worth while to develop them, I see no reason why they could have come up with something similar, relatively quickly. Some techs, like ironclad steamships, are still 20-40 years in advance of the game time frame, and should legitimately be restricted. But the military technology of the period was fairly ubiquitous. Where one nation had an advantage over another, it was generally in the details of production and organization, not in the technique itself. Case in point are rifle units. The ability to manufacture rifles was theoretically available to any Western nation of the period. That many nations chose not to field many, if any, rifle units was an intentional decision stemming from doctrine and priorities, not a technological limitation.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitstexan View Post
    In a sense I agree. The rocket issue: yes, only the Brits had them, and only the Brits had any real experience in what was needed to make them work. But . . . if the French had ever decided it was really worth while to develop them, I see no reason why they could have come up with something similar, relatively quickly.
    Napoleon nixxed the rocket development for the French saying it was a waste of their resources
    We also nixxed the French rocket troops because with so many other French units to recruit there's no more room in their recruitment bar.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; July 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Paulz is doing some final testing for us with his custom built desktop rig:

Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K hyper threaded Quad core
    Motherboard - MSI Z77A-G45 (over clocked to 4.2Ghz)
    RAM - Crucial 8 GB (over clocked to 1600)
    Video card - Asus GTX 660 ti 2GB DC2O in SLI
    HD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB- 7200 rpm
    SSD - Corsair 120GB FOECE GTPower Supply Unit - Corsair TX850M
    CPU cooler - Corsair H100
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

The AI builds the rebel armies stronger than the original army that you fought to claim the region
    Need to make some further adjustments or the Coalition players will spend most of their time fighting the Rebels instead of Napoleon
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

Campidoctor

If I was Napoleon, which I could be with this game, I'd say ONWARD!

I am really looking forward to it. Thanks to all those involved in doing the work to get the mod up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Hunter View Post
    I am really looking forward to it. Thanks to all those involved in doing the work to get the mod up and running.
    Thank you for your patience, we always try to put out a quality NTW3 mod for TW community. The Lordz forum is back up an we will start work shortly to complete the files for an installer so we can release the SP Campaign & updated version of the NTW3 v3.2 mod in one package

The wait will be worth it! Fix bayonets and form column!

For players who are new to the NTW3 mods I would suggest you install (or update to) the latest NTW3 v3.1 mod and familiarize yourself with the many units that are in the MP battle mod.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-3-1-Released

The SP Campaign v3.1 mod has over 600+ units that you may encounter on the battlefield in and it would be a wise Campaign General who knows his own troops & those of his opponents. You can play 1vs1 against the AI or try an online MP battle to sharpen your skills. The AI in the SPC has been revised to give you a good fight and you can also do drop in campaign battles with friends when the armies are fairly balanced.

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

Many thanks for you work on this mod, Lord Davn. I really hope you manage to balance the issue you were talking about with overpowered rebel armies. I have noticed this problem in several other mods and it is highly unrealistic. It always bothered me when holding a region required fighting a rebel army that was larger than the one I had to fight to take the region. I would be overjoyed if you could manage to put an end to this bothersome issue. Best of luck with development!

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

Quote Originally Posted by zxcvmnb View Post
    I really hope you manage to balance the issue you were talking about with overpowered rebel armies. I would be overjoyed if you could manage to put an end to this bothersome issue. Best of luck with development!
    The rebel armies have really been a pain in the a** to deal with CA has coded the AI to produce a lot of rebel units and I'm not aware of any tables that can reduce their numbers when the newly acquired region rebels. We have spent more time on this issue than planned but we are doing our final beta testing to try and fix this problem. The quality & number of troops for the rebel units have been reduced to reflect what you'd expect to see from an insurgent force. Now you'll only have to deal with small units of Light Cav & Skirmishers which are bothersome but not over powering.

You can now auto calc the battle and get a fairly decent outcome or spend a leisurely afternoon chasing down the last remnants of their army around the countryside

Last edited by Lord Davn; August 03, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Oldenburg is probably going to be replaced by Westphalia at a later stage of developement, isn't it?
    I believe Westphlia emerges from the Hessen or Cleves region if it's liberated. Here's a little more info on it;

"In 1807 Napoleon assigned most of traditional Westphalia to the Grand Duchy of Berg. The Kingdom of Westphalia, which he created for his brother Jérôme, was made up largely of Prussian and Hanoverian possessions between the Weser and the Elbe rivers and the greater part of electoral Hesse; its capital was Kassel. The Congress of Vienna in 1814–15 restored most of old Westphalia to Prussia, which then established a province of Westphalia with its capital at Münster". http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...164/Westphalia

You can give a link of download.

Quote Originally Posted by leredoutable View Post
    You can give a download link.
    We are preparing the files for our SP Campaign mod & NTW3 v3.2 update to get them ready for release.
    They should be out shortly (next week?) when the installer is completed.

Great. Thanks for the update.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Great News, Thanks Lord Davn, looking forward to it

Nice work, guys! I've watched and read Sharpe, Hornblower and Aubrey-Maturin since I was a kid, but now I get to do the real thing! Dream come true!

I am going to go out on a limb and buy NTW just for this mod alone. But I do have one question....

To play this mod's SP or this mod at all, would I need any of the listed DLC/expansion packs on the Steam page (Coalition Battle Pack, The Peninsular Campaign, Imperial Eagle Pack, Heroes of the Napoleonic Wars) or can I skip buying these?

P.S. Congratulations on what looks to be an amazing mod. Last I heard of the Lordz team was back in the old RTW days with NTW2, was so disappointed in the lack of a single player. Now, however, my fears seem to have been allayed. Can't wait!!!

And sorry for the double post... but also, would the naval uniforms be retextured in this mod? Seeing the British Captains with their red coats in the vanilla screenshots was a bit :S to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and buy NTW just for this mod alone. But I do have one question....
    To play this mod's SP or this mod at all, would I need any of the listed DLC/expansion packs on the Steam page (Coalition Battle Pack, The Peninsular Campaign, Imperial Eagle Pack, Heroes of the Napoleonic Wars) or can I skip buying these? Can't wait!!!
    Everything needed to play the NTW3 SP Campaign game will be included in the installer for the mod. You can purchase the basic NTW vanilla game online from Steam ($14.99), install it and then upgrade to our NTW v3.1 mod. As noted in the posts above it would worthwhile to play some MP battles (online or against the AI) to become familiar with all of the NTW3 custom units and their individual abilities. There are 600+ units available in the SP Campaign game and we've actually run out of room in the recruitment bars for some of the major factions. To make enough room we've previously discussed the placement of hero units in game at the start of the campaign and made them non-recruit able, so you'll have to take very good care when committing them to battle

You will also find allied units fighting along side your regular units such as the Polish Legion troops that fought with the Kingdom of Italy forces in 1805
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Great news and thank you for persevering with this. Played the old SP campaign and it was good aside from the recruitment issues in upgraded buildings but this looks so much better.