Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Nac82 View Post
    If I download the new version (3.1) of the mod,will I be able to play a stable campaign ? :/
    No, we are waiting for a new version (probably 3.2) that includes the SP campaign. You can still download 3.1 if you want to practice in multiplayer or vs the AI, and get the feel of how the mod plays. Multiplayer 3v3 or 4v4 in NTW3.X is a fantastic game.

<deleted>
    Last edited by Southern Hunter; August 14, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Hunter View Post
    No, we are waiting for a new version (probably 3.2) that includes the SP campaign. You can still download 3.1 if you want to practice in multiplayer or vs the AI, and get the feel of how the mod plays. Multiplayer 3v3 or 4v4 in NTW3.X is a fantastic game.
    We are waiting for the last few items to be completed in the v3.2 mod and then the files will be compiled for an installer to update the NTW3 v3.1 mod to v3.2 with the SP Campaign game included. I expect this to be done by next week now that Lord Desaix has returned

Campidoctor

Been having a lot of fun over the past few days with 3.1 battles against AI, looking more closely at the different factions and units. War of 1812 awesomeness thrown in there too. I haven't been this pumped for a TW campaign in a while, can't wait! I think I'll play Russia for my first time ever... those coats and beards are boss.

There are 23 factions to choose from and 17 of them have a variety of custom uniforms that fit the time period.

Campidoctor

Oh I've been trying em all in custom battles, I just mean I've never played a TW campaign as Russia and this may be my first.

Campidoctor

One thing I've been curious about/wishing for since hearing of the upcoming singleplayer campaign is a manpower system, like the one in the Europe in Conflict mod. And just now to my great delight I came across a standalone version that can be implemented into seemingly any NTW mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light=manpower

This was my favorite feature of playing a campaign with the EiC mod, basically the best solution to stack spamming I've experience, both human and ai. And it feels balanced and dynamic. Is there a similar system in place for NTW3 by any chance? I suppose even if not, the integration method seems simple and I can just do it, but I thought I'd mention it cause it feels like a realistic feature that would be at home in a realism oriented mod like NTW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    One thing I've been curious about/wishing for since hearing of the upcoming SP Campaign is a manpower system. Is there a similar system in place for NTW3 by any chance?
    We have put limits on the number of units that each faction can recruit. This applies to the elite as well as the militia for ALL of the playable factions. So don't be expecting to conquer Europe with Mecklenberg

Campidoctor

Oh cool. When you say elite and militia, are those the only units with limits, or do you mean literally every unit has a certain limit, from elite all the way down to militia? Either case, manpower might still be something interesting to look at since it has to do with the population of your nation as well, more dynamic. So let's say you have only 1 region, you would be very limited in how big an army you can have. But without the manpower restrictions of that mod, you could theoretically get your hands on a lot of money and still make large armies even with unit limits. Just something to think about, it's a good system! Happy there's any sort of limitation system in place anyway though, damn I can't wait.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Hopefully the NTW3 SP campaign release will be bevor 3th Sept 2013 ...

otherwise would be no time anymore to play it because of ...

Foederatus

Can't wait for the SP to be released, will 3.1 be needed and installed already to play 3.2 when it is released or is 3.2 a standalone? Thanks guys love this mod so much. Peace.

Is the single player almost ready for release I've been waiting for ages now and Monday my new PC comes so I'm very exited to play this mod again!

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hopefully the NTW3 SP campaign release will be before 3th Sept 2013 ... otherwise would be no time anymore to play it because of ...Rome II
    We are quite aware of that, you can entertain yourself with the NTW3 SP Campaign while you wait for CA to come out with their 2 gb patch and the $$ to come down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheItalian1 View Post
    Can't wait for the SP to be released, will 3.1 be needed and installed already to play 3.2 when it is released or is 3.2 a standalone? Thanks guys love this mod so much. Peace.
    We were delayed a bit with some final adjustments to the NTW3 v32 patch. That's completed now and I'm updating the SP Campaign game to v32 so they'll all be compatible. Lord Desaix will be putting the installer together shortly so you just download it and everything will be updated to NTW3 v3.2 for you.
    You might want to try the Naples faction as we've revised their diplomatic standing to be aligned closely with Sicily and more neutral with France. You can then choose to align yourself with the French as Naples did (they turned on Napoleon a week later and joined the coalition)
    Last edited by Lord Davn; August 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Very excited. Will of course be playing Rome 2, but I will need a fix of musketry and canister as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Rabbit View Post
    Will of course be playing Rome 2, but I will need a fix of musketry and canister as well.
    Hopefully the unit rosters & improved AI in the SP Campaign will give you a nice break from Rome II.

Last edited by Lord Davn; August 28, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Hopefully the unit rosters & improved AI in the SP Campaign will give you a nice break from Rome II.

I'm certain it will. I'm not confident at all of ca having adequately addressed campaign ai or diplomacy. I think a lot of gamers will play Rome 2 until they get irritated by the crappy ai and cartoony units, then revert to mods like the Lordz while they await modding of the new game.

crappy AI on Rome 2? i take it you haven't seen the demonstration video of how smart the AI is on Rome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercian_Mouth View Post
    crappy AI on Rome 2? i take it you haven't seen the demonstration video of how smart the AI is on Rome 2?
    Which one MM?

There has never been a smart AI in any total war game game, i doubt rome 2 will be any different unless you wish to bump it up to very hard,but this doesnt improve the AI it just gives it a bigger advantage in morale etc...Dont be fooled by these claims every demonstration game i have seen so far the AI could of been hammer and anviled to death but the human either didn t wish to or was incapable of doing it i assume its the first as it wouldn t look very impressive for pre game orders.The human mind has always and will always be the only way to pit your wits in this genre....The AI in empire and its patch napoleon was actually retarded on release.