Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

I reinstalled clean 2.0 and my launcher works perfect then install 2.5 and the launcher won't open. The launcher uses a wrong path to the target. What to do?

So uh.. it's been a year or so since I last played RSII. Are units supposed to path into a single file line around wooden palisade walls trying to sneak in through visible cracks or what.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

There's some pathfinding problems.

Laetus

I have this error:Script error in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 2984, column 1. Unkown event string Settlement_Razed
    I have installed Rome Total War and Barbarian Invasion(with all the patches).
    I have installed RS 2.0 in the main folder of RTW and after RS 2.5 in the same folder(overwriting all).
    After I have chosen faction and options in launcher,then the screen goes black and after return to desktop with the error.
    How can I resolve this?Please help me

Laetus

Playing Rome (0turn, huge units, alex.exe) I was sieging Chartago_Nova from the north with a full legion + half legion as reinforcements.
    I don't know if this is an rtw issue but I haven't encountered it before. When sieging Cartago_Nova from the north I faced a wall section with a "U" formation where the gate at the "bottom". I tried to position my ladders on both sides of the gate but when the unit with the ladders were at the wall it took forever to position the last ladder (the units moved like snails). When the ladders where at place the unit raised the ladders normally and attacked the wall. Next problem was that I couldn't get any other unit to attack the wall with these ladders.

In the same siege I also had a problem with units going trough the wall. I lined up two cohorts in the same line as the gate wall. The second cohort just started walking trough the wall section where the wall makes a corner. I ended up having half the cohort outside of the wall (not able to get back) and half inside.

If there has been any changes here i recommend a look trough but I have never attacked at these "U" murder hole sides of the wall but as the defender didn't have any missile troops I thought Id give it a go. The point being I don't know if this is a old problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPro View Post
    Hello, its been awhile since i posted in here, just recently instaled roma surrectum 2.5, been getting some CTD's, playing as rome 0turn, got couple in the middle of the battle, one that were consistent in 1st battle against Hannibal, i think it had something to do with my graphics setting i turn it down abit and it went away, 2nd one was when after battle with Hannibal i attcked 2nd carthage stack near tarentum, i think it was bcos they were ambushing me tho it doesnt make much sence for them to ambush me when im attacking them, last one and most recent was when i won the battle and was pursuing fleeing carthage guys just before finishing them off i got a CTD, couldnt recreate that one tho.
    Also i noticed some issues with some of the textures or smth not sure how to call it, some artifacts keep apearing when im traveling with my units through campaing map or when i move my mouse cursor above some of the details, its not very consistent so im not very sure what could cause this.
    Hi there,

I too am having stability issues! I am also playing Rome 0-turn. When ever Hannibal Ambushes me there are CTDs during the battle. Now i end turn and he wanders off. However, when i fight battles there are often CTDs, there are also CTDs on the campaign map.
    I have followed these steps:

1. Turn ON shaders
    2. Disable and set Autosave to FALSE
    3. Turn OFF anti-aliasing
    4. Use the standard settings that your PC will support
    5. Have not installed RS2 in the 'Program Files' folder of either Vista or newer OS's
    6. And save you campaigns regularly to differently named save files

Though i have not disabled Autosave as it is already set to FALSE on preferences. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I remember when 2.0 was released you mentioned something about vegetation settings on in the launcher.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Best Rome mod especially the new formations and the long battles! Hence maddening when you finally win or lose after a tough struggle!

Quote Originally Posted by Satyri View Post
    Playing Rome (0turn, huge units, alex.exe) I was sieging Chartago_Nova from the north with a full legion + half legion as reinforcements.
    I don't know if this is an rtw issue but I haven't encountered it before. When sieging Cartago_Nova from the north I faced a wall section with a "U" formation where the gate at the "bottom". I tried to position my ladders on both sides of the gate but when the unit with the ladders were at the wall it took forever to position the last ladder (the units moved like snails). When the ladders where at place the unit raised the ladders normally and attacked the wall. Next problem was that I couldn't get any other unit to attack the wall with these ladders.

In the same siege I also had a problem with units going trough the wall. I lined up two cohorts in the same line as the gate wall. The second cohort just started walking trough the wall section where the wall makes a corner. I ended up having half the cohort outside of the wall (not able to get back) and half inside.

If there has been any changes here i recommend a look trough but I have never attacked at these "U" murder hole sides of the wall but as the defender didn't have any missile troops I thought Id give it a go. The point being I don't know if this is a old problem.
    I've had the same problem with ladders.

Hi all, first of all congratulations for this mod, then I wanted to report this bug, I don't know if you already talked about, however it is normal that my troops can enter into a city under siege?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No, its not. This bug was in 2.1, too.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

I keep getting the same quote by Josephus about the Legion's Ensign prior to a battle.

Also a CTD before a battle between my legion and Celtic rebels in Northern Italy. I've tried different troops after restarting but usually CTDs during the battle speech or just after prior to pressing the start button. I'll keep testing to see what it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I keep getting the same quote by Josephus about the Legion's Ensign prior to a battle.

Also a CTD before a battle between my legion and Celtic rebels in Northern Italy. I've tried different troops after restarting but usually CTDs during the battle speech or just after prior to pressing the start button. I'll keep testing to see what it might be.
    The single quote per game is by design - lots of evidence to support the changing of quotes actually caused CTDs....

Apart from that, however, I don't think that anything really in this patch can actually cause new CTDs (it's nearly all script changes, they either work or don't). I've had only 2 CTDs (both in battles) in the last 2 months of testing: the first being a map glitch, which dvk' has already fixed prior to Open Beta; the second being when ambushing a small enemy of '15' after that army (let alone the whole one that I lost) was destroyed by an earthquake, which CTD'd at 'Start Battle' (I think there was something wrong with the AI units being far too small at that point - my army had all been reduced to 1 or 2 men per unit!

Domesticus

I have a very serious issue to report.

I was playing the Galatian campaign, and when i did my first battle i noticed a very disturbing site.

My general unit was a roman cavalry unit. I find this insulting! specially considering it's a "barbarian" faction!

I demand a fix at once!

How does one know if its installed correctly? Ingame that is.

During install it overwrited fine, just curious really. I noticed new notifications about senate elections, is that something new in 2.5? It has been a while.

Also, im getting like...a wierd lag with the battle with roman rebels in from capua sieging rome...its strange i had a perfectly lag free battle with those 2 stacks right at beginning hannibal/nepos, but a smaller battle lags? Restarting doesnt help, and it feels like ive got it running on 3 times speed when you fast forward, which usually makes me skip like this.
    Last edited by Martin N; March 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Yep, it's new.
    If it works, and that you have written version 2.2b in the launcher, then you've got the right version.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You'll also notice Swap factions and all the new traits/leadership stuff.

Indeed looks really good, thats what i always thought RS lacked, the traits and ancillieries to add a bit of flavour to roleplay - really excited to try it out in depth.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Laetus

Problems at Carthago_Nova again. After a while I took the city Carthage sieged the city. When the battle started I could here the generals speech fine and so on but when I pressed "start deployment" everything freezed. I have a save just before the turn Carthage does the siege and the problem occurs every time. I had to auto-resolve to be able to continue. I had the same problem in a field battle (I think) but I was not able to reproduce it.
    Do you want me to post the save?

Also,I´v been fighting a lot in Iberia and encountered a few elephant units. The forest elephants seem to be ok (even too easy to kill with javelins) but the towered forest elephants don't seem to take any damage. I had two full units of skirmishers trow all their javelins at them and four cohorts trow one pila volley without effect. The elephants even managed to rout two of the cohort units before they started dropping. Then I sent in two Triarii units to finish them off. Seems a bit too much and I'm playing on medium.
    I recall someone complaining about the armored elephants. If their anything like the towered forest elephants I wouldn't want to face them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyri View Post
    Problems at Carthago_Nova again. After a while I took the city Carthage sieged the city. When the battle started I could here the generals speech fine and so on but when I pressed "start deployment" everything freezed. I have a save just before the turn Carthage does the siege and the problem occurs every time. I had to auto-resolve to be able to continue. I had the same problem in a field battle (I think) but I was not able to reproduce it.
    Do you want me to post the save?

Also,I´v been fighting a lot in Iberia and encountered a few elephant units. The forest elephants seem to be ok (even too easy to kill with javelins) but the towered forest elephants don't seem to take any damage. I had two full units of skirmishers trow all their javelins at them and four cohorts trow one pila volley without effect. The elephants even managed to rout two of the cohort units before they started dropping. Then I sent in two Triarii units to finish them off. Seems a bit too much and I'm playing on medium.
    I recall someone complaining about the armored elephants. If their anything like the towered forest elephants I wouldn't want to face them.
    Yes, please, with faction and exe.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Yes, please, with faction and exe.
    Playing rome 0 turn with Alex.exe

Then came the ensigns encompassing the eagle.Wich is a the head of every roman legion... Wich seems to them a singal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march. - Josephus

I really like this quote especially since I am playing as the Romans. However, it is the only quote that I´ve seen during my time with 2.5b. It was very common in 2.1 too but now it has taken over completely. I know this is only a minor dilemma but I really liked the quotes and they do set the mood before a decisive battle. This is also my first post on these forums although I´ve played EB and the original Roma Surrectum for a couple of years. Great work on RS2.