Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

Domesticus

Default Re: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

So yeah i don't know what do here.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled RTW 3 times now along with RS. I download a fresh copy of RS 2.0

I installed RTW on C/programs. Proceeded to installed RS in the same folder. The beta version comes up and is set to be installed in C:\ Program Files\ ( RS 2.5). I change it to C:\ Programs \ The creative assembly \ RTW. I erase the RS 2.5 part.

Installation begins and i get one warning to overwrite all and i proceeded to do so. After it's complete i start the launcher and get 3 errors: first is that RS is not installed in the correct folder. Second is Engine: Rome TW-BI.exe, Faction campaign: - mod:play_syracuse. Third is " In total: ' RomeTW-BI.exe - mod:play_syracuse - show:err-nm-movie_cam'" .

Assistance required

Edit: I got it to work.

Question: Please tell me these new factions are available in one turn mode.
    Last edited by Grimbold; March 20, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Is it possible to copy a saved game file from the steam version and put them in the non steam version and be able to play it?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Yes.

If you are using a shortcut, try to see where it points.
    The parent folder of the one containing the launcher should be rtw, with the exe.
    Make sure you don't have folder between.

For anyone else, I'll try to so a video explaining how to install rs with and without steam. I've never done that though, so I don't know how hard it is going to be, and how long it will take.

However, there are a few things should check in priority.
    First, that that there are no rs folder inside your install. rs is not modfoldered, thus it should look like rtw in the main folder (the one containing data and the exe),except for the launcher folder.
    Also, if you can't manage to launch rs through the launcher, try to launch it directly with one exe to see where the problem lies.

The person who has a frozen launcher, could you please tell me if you have a version written on it, ans what is your os. Thanks.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Domesticus

I've solved my problem.

What i want to know is how do i activate 1 turn mode for the Swap factions. They're presently available on 0 turn only.

What steps must i take to solve this?

There are three swap factions in 0 turn and 3 in 1 turn.
    For the exact list, have a look in the preview thread.
    And i'm glad you solved your problem.
    Patron of ybbon66.

My issue is that you have taken what was once a chore - siegeing, and made it a pleasure.

I have just taken my first Hill-Fort, Genoa, and it was an absolute pleasure.

Better, it was a joy.

I am so happy to be playing this mod again, it is the dogs bollocks.

I love you people, better than I love my Mam*.

Thank you for your time and your effort.

*some of the above may be a lie.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Domesticus

So that means that it's not possible to play said factions in one turn mode.

May i know what was the reasoning behind this? Why weren't all factions made available in both modes?

Time and lack of people being able to do and test it.
    Dvk basically did all the patch by himself, in spite of his real life.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Domesticus

Fair enough.

Moving on, without knowing if this has been mentioned before, was the pop message of your characters receiving traits/retinues removed? Because at the moment im not receiving any and so i need to check my chars manually.

First, one minor issue: fighting the Roman Rebels at Capua and Rhegion, I attacked at the cities at night. Some of the houses (labelled "Domus") had walls which were very bright like they were being rendered for the daytime, while basically everything else was dark. I don't know if that was intentional, or if the same might happen to other non-Roman buildings, but it looked a bit odd.

dvk901
    :
    There are hidden traits in place in the patch to increase the cost of buildings if your treasury goes over a certain amount. The idea behind this was to lessen the effect, or should I say minimize the number of times the script takes away money if you go over a certain treasury limit.
    I don't think that was the problem, or not all of it at least. It was happening from the beginning, when my income was very low and so far had maxed out at only about 30k. I had been spending as much income as I possibly could, so that I'd never have enough left at the end of a turn to produce any more buildings or units.

Also, that doesn't explain the inconsistency in the effect modifiers in the traits files (in the main data folder and the Rome 1-turn data folder). If some are supposed to be beneficial and others are supposed to be detrimental, then they should be consistent with regard to their modifiers being positive or negative, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Here are all the traits (grouped into levels) that have "effect construction" and their modifiers, from the main data folder:

Intelligent: -3, -5
    Hard working: -15
    Procrastinator: 15, 20
    Architect: 5, 10, 15
    Good Builder: -5, -10, -15 (also Celtic & Nomadic, without -15 level)
    Bad Builder: 10, 20, 30 (also Celtic & Nomadic, without 30 level)
    Cheapskate: 5, 10, 15
    Dacian Hired Greek: 5, 10
    Dacian Builders: 5
    Too Much Money (hidden): -10, -15, -20, -30, -50

That last one is the only construction-related trait marked as "hidden." It looks like the one you're talking about, it has negative numbers, and it's doing the same job as Intelligent, Hard working & Good Builder, while doing the opposite of the rest. That doesn't make any sense to me. It instead ought to be the same as Bad Builder, etc., so (unless I'm very confused) at least some of the traits are incorrect. I'm not sure about the intention behind some like Cheapskate and Dacian Hired Greek (whether they're supposed to increase or decrease costs), but the modders of course do, so those may or may not need to be fixed.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ovidius Empiricus View Post
    Intelligent: -3, -5
    Hard working: -15
    Procrastinator: 15, 20
    Architect: 5, 10, 15
    Cheapskate: 5, 10, 15
    Dacian Hired Greek: 5, 10
    Dacian Builders: 5

That last one is the only construction-related trait marked as "hidden." It looks like the one you're talking about, it has negative numbers, and it's doing the same job as Intelligent, Hard working & Good Builder, while doing the opposite of the rest. That doesn't make any sense to me. It instead ought to be the same as Bad Builder, etc., so (unless I'm very confused) at least some of the traits are incorrect. I'm not sure about the intention behind some like Cheapskate and Dacian Hired Greek (whether they're supposed to increase or decrease costs), but the modders of course do, so those may or may not need to be fixed.
    nothing wrong here..
    few examples:
    >this means -x% to building cost /time?
    >this surely means +x% to building cost
    >this is most probably -x% to tax income

all in all I would say you are confused...

I cannot save (option greyed out) nor I can enable the script, also the button is greyed out. The install is clean and brand new for RTW Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    nothing wrong here..
    few examples:
    >this means -x% to building cost /time?
    >this surely means +x% to building cost
    >this is most probably -x% to tax income

all in all I would say you are confused...
    Probably? Did you actually look at the file, or is that an assumption? For the first level in "Too_Much_Money" I see this:

Effect Construction -10
    Effect TrainingUnits -10

No effects having to do with tax income, just construction (and unit costs).

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
    I cannot save (option greyed out) nor I can enable the script, also the button is greyed out. The install is clean and brand new for RTW Gold.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386590

The other factions are not at issue. I cannot save with Rome and I already did as suggested there. I cannot click show me how. It is greyed out.

The other factions allow saving. When I load the click to enable script comes up like all other RTW mods with scripts. The slightly odd thing is that to allow saving I click elsewhere, and not on the little button below the help portrait.

I will reinstall cleanly again. Also I don't see any new buildings. It looks pretty much the same, except for texture. Presumably, I have to build to get that. Anyhow this install seems messed up.

1 turn seems to have Romans capable of saving, Belgae cannot.

Reinstall tomorrow.
    Last edited by Patricius; March 20, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Hey guys just started a campaign as Syracuse and using spies I've noticed that the Romans are fielding late republican/early imperial troops in their armies instead of the pre-marian Hastati, Triarii, Principes etc. Is this normal behavior?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I realize that hill forts are supposed to be hard to take, but there are problems with the path finding. These are screenshots of an AI controlled Roman legion trying to enter the town of Genoa, but the individual troops in their units spread everywhere like confused ants.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also had similar problems when making the effort to move my own troop back into the main square. The units simply do not know where to go.

I started yesterday a campaign with Carthage (BI.exe, H/H, 0 turn) and here are my first impressions from the first turn(s), with particular emphasis on the siege battle for Rome, where I noted some issues – good and bad ones – regarding the AI's behavior. The entire siege battle lasted for nearly three hours (!) and that's why I decided to post it here…

1st turn:
    • I attack Nepos and his army… and both vanish at the shoreline of LakeTrasimene.
    • I decide to do what the real Hannibal did not: I besiege Rome, build my siege equipment and hope that the Roman garrisons in Ariminium and Capua will not arrive in time to relieve the city. Even without them this will certainly be a hard fought battle

2nd turn:
    • The Romans decide to sally fort… I arrange my Carthaginians and wait for the assault… which never comes. Instead, the AI arranges the troops in front of the gate and then… nothing. I believe this is an old vanilla RTW problem and not a lot can be done here… Only their general, Maximus, decides to chase my Balearic slingers and soon the fool dies a heroic death. That is unfortunate because I wanted a fair fight with him…
    • The battle then starts but not in the way as expected. As the Romans do not move, I try to provoke them… slingers harass them, they send one cohort which is destroyed.
    • I decide to speed up things a bit… I take one slinger unit, assign to them a siege tower and they manage to climb the walls of Rome. When that happens, the entire Roman army withdraws back into the city (good move) and march in the direction of the main plaza and in the direction of my slingers (also good move)
    • I use the old trick by walking on the walls so my slingers manage to capture one main gate and two towers… I know, not fair but I wanted to test the AI.

Walking on walls:
    When I tried to let my slingers walk on and around the entire wall, I noticed that it was not possible – well at least not in the normal way. At one point I was noticed that "this unit cannot attack walls" and I saw this part clearly marked as a part in the wall (square shaped). So this could not be crossed and the unit had to leave the wall, go down, go up the next tower and continue. Do not get me wrong, I believe this is actually good cause it makes the old trick of capturing towers and gates (see above) a bit obsolete!… Though not entirely. However, I could imagine that it could cause problems if a siege tower arrives exactly at this spot and then the unit attacking the walls gets stuck.

AI behavior:
    It was - apart from the beginning of the battle, not too bad. I was glad to see that the cohorts used the testudo when bombarded by my slingers (I know the Polybians could not form the testudo but the fact that the AI used it, is good)

Path finding issues:
    The enemy AI had enormous path finding issues which made this battle so complicated! Their troops (infantry and cavalry) got stuck nearly at every corner. They got cramped and lost within / among the houses, especially within those houses/insulae which are built close to the wall. This happened even with my own units.

The new faces of Rome and Carthage:
    The new buildings, houses, temples etc. look fantastic!!

Traits for family members / generals:
    They got their traits as it should be and some became infantry or cavalry commanders. One question: Does this mean that they get their additional command star only if their armies are composed exclusively of infantry or cavalry units, respectively?

Traits for Spies/Diplomats
    I liked it that my spy and diplomat got a "Carthaginian citizen" trait… Gives them more personality

Elections (?):
    Are there elections for the Carthaginian magistrate members like it is the case for the Romans?

Again, these are just first impressions… Others will follow after more turns played…

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hi,

changed some ancillary pictures with my own ones - just the pictures, nothing else! - when observed that ancillaries have/give NavalCombat bonuses.
    Is this "premeditated", for some reason?

Thanks.