Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

Tried to install the beta on my steam Rome gold, installed into that directory (where i installed RS2) but all that happened was a separate folder was installed there and no files to my knowledge changed, so i cut the contents from the new folder and pasted it in to the Rome gold folder and i got asked to overwrite files etc. Everything looked good, opened the launcher and selected everything i needed to, clicked start, got asked if i had chosen the faction i wanted etc then nothing. Nothing at all happened, the music was still playing though, i tried to close the launcher but it wouldn't, it wouldn't do anything no matter what i clicked. I had to ctrl,alt,del to close the launcher.

Any help here ?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Installed it in my Rome Gold Steam, Now there is a crash after a battle. Keeps saying Barbarian Invasion stopped working etc... help please!

When i launch the game, it immediatly crash to desktop with this error message : "Script error in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 2984, column 1. Unkown event string Settlement_Razed .

I am using BI.exe (installation from the gold edition of rome total war)

Quote Originally Posted by TotalKnight2 View Post
    Installed it in my Rome Gold Steam, Now there is a crash after a battle. Keeps saying Barbarian Invasion stopped working etc... help please!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvk901
    If you:

1. Turn ON shaders
    2. Disable and set Autosave to FALSE
    3. Turn OFF anti-aliasing
    4. Use the standard settings that your PC will support
    5. Have not installed RS2 in the 'Program Files' folder of either Vista or newer OS's
    6. And save you campaigns regularly to differently named save files

You should have many enjoyable campaigns.
    Did you do this?

---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MajorKirrahe47 View Post
    Any help here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    This installer will ask you if it needs to overwrite any files. Choose to overwrite all,
    (yes to all). If it does NOT ask you this, you have installed this patch in the wrong place.
    Do this correctly and it shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by carmir; March 20, 2012 at 06:10 AM.

Okay here's what i did exactly, so i installed RS2 into my steamapps/common/rome total war gold. I then installed 2.5 into this same folder however it didn't ask me to overwrite anything, after the install i checked the programme files and inside he rome total war gold folder was a sub folder named RS2.5.

In this folder where all the files, so i cut those files and then pasted them into the rome total war gold folder, it then ask me if i wanted to overwrite the old files with the same names etc to which i clicked yes, everything was done i used the lancher to start my game however after clicking start nothing happened and i couldn't close the launcher without using the ctrl alt del task manager.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I am not knowledgeable concerning Steam, as I don't have it. I really didn't think the Patch would change any Steam settings, but perhaps it does. Others may know better than I for sure. All I know is that if you install it as I instructed, there are no issues....but that's into a non-Steam original RTW\BI upgraded to 1.5\1.6. I've heard of no issues with Gold either, as that is just a combination of RTW\BI and maybe Alex. I have installed it at least 6 times this way with no problems. Sorry I can't advise.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    As for the spelling...I have no idea. Mulattothrasher provided most of the Barbarian settlement and region names.
    Oh, the reason I say because in the AOR map it is spelled slightly different.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Ah i believe i have solved the problem and it was due to my own stupid fault. On installing i did not read the instrctions properly and did not remove the RS2.5 from the install directory, i've jst removed it and straight away it asked me to overwrite so upto now its looking okay, thank you for input anyway.

Edit: Nope despite the install working correctly this time my launcher still does not work.
    Last edited by SimpleCourage47; March 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A bit of balancing feedback:

The Armoured Seleucid Elephants are unbeatable in the first battle on H/H as Egypt.

I encircled the seleucid army with the phalanxes, and I killed it off very quickly, before the elephants even charged. When they did it was nearly my complete army against these elephants.

Then the massacre began. They killed off about 3/4 of my army, before they fled without any losses. They didnīt mind that my cavalry (3 units, I hired one as mercenary before the battle) hit them the whole way across the map, before they crossed the red line.

Seriously, how are you able to defeat them?

I agree on the elephants, I used to be able of keep shooting fire arrows at them while keeping them at bay with strong phalanxes, but now they're just like giant boulders that roll over my army. If anything I guess its not that bad, I remember in previous campaign I was sometimes surprised that I made them run a mock fairly quickly. Now it makes me think of new strategies when approaching armies with cataphract elephants, but still even if they have to be invulnerable mountains I think they should still rout after I killed the general and the rest of their army.

Patrician

Ok, I'll have a look at them.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Minuscule 'problem'... the statues in the cities are called "king's statue" in Roman cities... Doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd point it out.

salsahavok's Avatar Foederatus

Found a problem

in the galatian campaign if you read the intro bit before you do your configeration for example choosing your difficulty level and time limit then you will see a lot of spelling mistakes

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Minuscule 'problem'... the statues in the cities are called "king's statue" in Roman cities... Doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd point it out.
    There were Kings of Rome so It doesn't seem out of place to me.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by salsahavok View Post
    Found a problem

in the galatian campaign if you read the intro bit before you do your configeration for example choosing your difficulty level and time limit then you will see a lot of spelling mistakes
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. I read through it, and really didn't see anything. What that says for my spelling remains to be seen.

I'll have a look at the 'King's Statues' issue.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by carmir View Post
    Did you do this?

---------------------------

Do this correctly and it shouldn't be a problem.
    Yes, I did. I do have it installed in the program files (86X) something like that, is that okay?

Is there a way for me to add in my own music as well?

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    There were Kings of Rome so It doesn't seem out of place to me.
    You do realize what happened to them? They were thrown out. Every Roman hated the mere thought of having a king.

Thats why the emperors always made the distinction between "princeps" or "caesar", and always objected to being called king. Thats why Caesar was offered a crown, but didnīt accept it.

Romans hate kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Moon View Post
    You do realize what happened to them? They were thrown out. Every Roman hated the mere thought of having a king.

Thats why the emperors always made the distinction between "princeps" or "caesar", and always objected to being called king. Thats why Caesar was offered a crown, but didnīt accept it.

Romans hate kings.
    True dat.