Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

Default Re: RS2.5 Issues and Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Then go in data/important_stuff/alternate_player_formations and copy/paste the content of one of the folder into data.

As for the preferences editor refusing to open, I'd say that's because it does not have the permission to open the file.
    Is it in your program files?
    Tried them all to no avail :/ And no it is not isntalled into program files, and I've changed the security to allow full access. I'm getting quite close to buying a second copy of RTW that's not Gold and see if that does the trick

Or simply try out Galatia and stop my

Default Cannot merge convoy of ships

Hi, I cannot join the two convoy of ships into one as usual. Both Admiral doesn't have any command star.

One more question: Why Propraetor of Corsia when reside in Aleria carry -3 Law? Is it bad effect intentionally or an error?

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Restart your game and it should work. You probably launched another save without first quitting the game. You have to quit the game to desktop each time you want to load/reload a save other than the first time you do it each session.
    Thanks. That sorted my problem.

Me again.
    Had my third hillfort battle now, and I must say that the bad pathfinding makes playing these battles not much fun. I guess the problem is there is so little space since the units can really only walk in super-small corridors. They can't even use some of the paths which are indicated by the ground texture (the one that leads from the plaza/market to that little field on the opposite side being the most annoying, as much of the fighting takes place near the plaza).

ps: I'm playing with alex.

pps: My (massalian) governor of Eburodunon just got the Engineering Schools trait. That city is neither greek nor has it an academy yet, so I wonder if that is working as intended... It happened, however, the round after I finished my academy in Massalia.
    Last edited by carmir; March 18, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by carmir View Post
    Me again.
    Had my third hillfort battle now, and I must say that the bad pathfinding makes playing these battles not much fun. I guess the problem is there is so little space since the units can really only walk in super-small corridors. They can't even use some of the paths which are indicated by the ground texture (the one that leads from the plaza/market to that little field on the opposite side being the most annoying, as much of the fighting takes place near the plaza).

ps: I'm playing with alex.

pps: My (massalian) governor of Eburodunon just got the Engineering Schools trait. That city is neither greek nor has it an academy yet, so I wonder if that is working as intended... It happened, however, the round after I finished my academy in Massalia.
    I think the problem is that hillforts are essentially overlaid on other settlement types, this means there are parts, like wooded tiles, that look viable for your movement but actually aren't. You've probably found the cavalry take some "interesting" routes at times. They look great though don't they

Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Started a 0-turn campaign as Rome but the three new factions weren't there.
    Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?
    The new -swap- factions are not present in any of the other campaigns. They have their own campaigns, for each faction.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Oh okay.

I was looking forward to making vassals of them.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

People, bear in mind that there IS no preferences file until you actually start a campaign. I know, that's a pain, but every single campaign will create its own preferences.txt in its OWN folder. So you either have to copy the ones in the main data folder, or start the campaign, set your preferences, and then exit and edit it.

Hillforts are, as they were, difficult to fight in and take. This is not a bug, necessarily, it is an 'obstacle'.

Massalia is a Greek city, but if you are playing the Romans, they also have an Engineering trait of their own.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

@dvk The launcher is supposed to create a preference file if none exist. At least, that is what I remember.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

salsahavok's Avatar Foederatus

In the Capuan campaign i realised its a 1 turn campaign and i lost it which doesn't suprise me since i auto resolved everything however i found something weird
    stack spamming 5 turns in by the romans i know its meant to be the hardest campaign in the mod but seriously? stack spamming in a 1 turn campaign

i counted 5 stacks around my cities i never encountered so many stacks so early in a 1 turn campaign and that includes the Carthaginians

if its delibrate to make it very difficult then i welcome the challenge!!!

Playing a Rome 1-turn, so far, so good.

Only 2 issues have alrdy been stated; single ship fleets arent merging despite no 1star+ Admiral's present,

and the path-finding in the hillforts is funky. I dont mind how hard it is for troops to move around, but my General gets stuck running in circles around the inner palisades;
    I took a Pic but lost it, basically the General gets stuck on the inner palisade when I try to get him into the top plaza. Half the Generals bodyguard did make it to their destination, but the other half were doing laps around the ditches for 20minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cescoi View Post
    norton locks the file rome surrectum ii.exe during the installation ...
    Norton also reports RS22.cab as being infected. Not to mention my legal steam copy of Arma 2.
    It is incredibly paranoid to the point of annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    People, bear in mind that there IS no preferences file until you actually start a campaign. I know, that's a pain, but every single campaign will create its own preferences.txt in its OWN folder. So you either have to copy the ones in the main data folder, or start the campaign, set your preferences, and then exit and edit it.

Hillforts are, as they were, difficult to fight in and take. This is not a bug, necessarily, it is an 'obstacle'.

Massalia is a Greek city, but if you are playing the Romans, they also have an Engineering trait of their own.
    Opening the RS2 preferences in the launcher and saving, saved those settings to ALL RS2 campaign folders, luckily

Ontopic, a problem i've got is that the campaign map seems to lack spaces in 2-word names. Maybe it has always been like that, but i never noticed before in 2.1.
    Like these;
    Delta_Anatolikon
    Hultaz_Markamanhoz

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Really small nitpicking bug.
    When starting a Massalian campaign at the screen which lets you select the difficulty, arcade battles, manage all settlements etc. The campaign map picture in the lower left shows Syracuse, not Massalia.
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by salsahavok View Post
    In the Capuan campaign i realised its a 1 turn campaign and i lost it which doesn't suprise me since i auto resolved everything however i found something weird
    stack spamming 5 turns in by the romans i know its meant to be the hardest campaign in the mod but seriously? stack spamming in a 1 turn campaign

i counted 5 stacks around my cities i never encountered so many stacks so early in a 1 turn campaign and that includes the Carthaginians

if its delibrate to make it very difficult then i welcome the challenge!!!
    Maybe you attacked Rome and triggered the emergency script? That would explain early full stacks.
    In my Massalian campaign arverni ermergency stacks almost wiped me out...

The name were changed, because spaces were causing troubles with some traits and scripts.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Yep , this issue, only a small one but, ill report it too, when choosing Bityhnya faction (cant pronouse them correctly) when your at the menu to choose Medium/medium , battle time ... etc, the they are showing on sicile not in north turkey asia minor.
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

I dont know what is wrong, but every battle end with a crash I fought Hannibal like 5 times and every time at the end of it, the game crashes, sucking the life out of me.... why? I just fought rebel army and won, and then crash.. Also, I notice for every loading screen, its saying the same quote? why? Also, after installing, the launcher looked different,Ii clicked on Armenia and then zero turn and it went back normal. Is that normal? Also, it seems every turn there is an election I guess? I am using steam. I installed the first Rs2 by copying the folders into the Rome Total War Gold folder, and installed 2.5 in there too, does any of that sound wrong? Please let me know.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

DO Custom battles work?

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,

can somehow disable the "election" message which appears at the start of every turn?
    Played around 40 years/~80 turns with romans yesterday, all is magnificent but this message became very annoying for me...
    Thanks.