Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: AAR Anthology

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: AAR Anthology

Great - I think June is a good time to push on for a July release of volume Two!

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I'd definitely suggest a graphic or some way of separating out the stories a little better, I was reading late and not entirely with it, but I went on a page on the first two before I realised the story had changed

Other than that, so far the kindle edition is good and very enjoyable.

Yeah, I agree. I am working on a graphic and hope to have an updated version in the next couple of days.

June is fine with me as well. Glad to see Volume I has gotten off its feet, I've made it my mission to share it to others through social media!

Great news and thanks! All we need are more reviews!

OK - yesterday's stats.

What we are looking at now is the immediate cool-off from the Smashwords site itself. It has fallen off the front-page as more new releases have superceeded it. The only real momentum now will be from our own social networking and any impact here from TWC.

We still really lack reviews. We have 68 downloads to date and only 3 reviews. If anyone has a friend here on TWC who has downloaded it, could they ask them to review it as soon as possible? It would help raise the profile. If you have FB or Twitter - every time a review is posted, please mention it and direct your friends and followers to the site! That will help enormously too!

I am off into the mountains now for 3 days of mountaineering so will be absent from this site but will update at some point on Monday when I get back.

Have fun in the mountains! And June is fine with me too, will get started on the article for the Quill which should get us some more publicity too
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

It's going great SBH. Looking forward to the next edition.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

Phew! All back from a great weekend - here is the latest update on stats. We had an interesting spike while I was away. We now have a total of 84 downloads! That is great news and a good base on which to build for Volume 2. I still feel we need more reviews though and think that something in double figures needs to be reached before the next volume is launched. At the moment, it is still sitting at 3 reviews. It would be amazing if we could get a review from a few people who are outside the AAR genre and give a genuine perspective on it. Fingers crossed!

I'll see what I can do through word of mouth.

OK - this morning's stats for the last couple of days. As I expected, we are tailing off now. We have 'sold' 86 copies in total which is frankly very good for a little known writing genre! We are still sitting at only 3 reviews, though, which is disappointing, to say the least . . .

Anything anyone can do to boost this can only help!

Right - June has arrived so can everyone now start working on part 2 of their submissions for the end of June? I will then rinse and repeat to get Volume 2 out in July! This will be a crucial moment in the AAR Anthology history as we will be looking to move the work forward and upwards.

My aim here by releasing Volume 2 quickly we will be demonstrating commitment and quality to the wider reading public. I want to see us exceed the download total for Volume 2 AND get more reviews than Volume 1, too! Ambitious? Why not?

So - edit and proof-read those submissions!

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

I want to write a review but my account is in my real name and I'm a bit hesitant to share that...

Also, I've shared the link to the e-book with a couple of close friends and they promised to write a review after they've read through it all, but I'll have to kick their butts into motion it seems..

That's OK - I appreciate there are issues with that. Let's hope your friends read quickly!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    I want to write a review but my account is in my real name and I'm a bit hesitant to share that...

Also, I've shared the link to the e-book with a couple of close friends and they promised to write a review after they've read through it all, but I'll have to kick their butts into motion it seems..
    Change your account name?
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

OK -latests stats. Again, we have pretty much flat-lined now at 91 downloads.

We should see the second volume up and epublished within 4/5 weeks so that will be an exciting time!

I don't know if you are still looking for AARs, but Decimus Milo has a few extremely good ones.

There is one about a Papal Apocalypse in Medieval 2.

Also a Numidian campaign (still in progress) in Rome

Also one about the Western Roman Empire in Rome: Barbarian Invasion

And there is one about Shogun 2

You should really check them out if you haven't already. Some really difficult campaigns and battles.

Thanks but I am contacting 2 more writers for the Volume 2. Perhaps later in the series once it takes off and we can start to increase the size! Thanks again!

So are you counting on my Hungarian story for Volume 2?

PM coming soon!

I have an Irish M2:TW AAR going at the moment.

Admittedly, it is picture heavy and I haven't proof-read the material, but perhaps you could give it a read?
    I can easily make it words-only, fill it out some more and then proof-read it, if you view it as a worthy project.

Link's in my sig.