Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Total war Fall Of The Samurai Main Features And Exclusive GamePlay

Default Re: Shogun 2 Total war Fall Of The Samurai Main Features And Exclusive GamePlay

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Great Video Footage! Thanks for sharing this.
    Any plans for a darthmod FOTS?
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Total war Fall Of The Samurai Main Features And Exclusive GamePlay

Quote Originally Posted by jamson View Post
    Any plans for a darthmod FOTS?
    I am waiting for the release to mod it right away

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I am waiting for the release to mod it right away
    Great news, cant wait for your amazing AI, keep up the great work.
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.

One significant thing in the original video I had not noticed before was the AI using inspire on one of its troops in the second land battle. To my knowledge the AI never used inspire, rally or any other general's abilities in the previous titles, so that actually seems like a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheartx10 View Post
    Great Video mate! Mine will be up tonight, will post it here when it is!
    Dang it Lionheart, where's that video? Been waiting all day

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nypifisel View Post
    Dang it Lionheart, where's that video? Been waiting all day
    Sorry, Youtube has decided to be a right pain in the arse, but it should finally be uploading now, so check back in 2hrs!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Dude thanks for the great preview. I was on the fence about pre-ordering the game and letting other people play this game until a few months have passed.
    But after having watched your preview I pre-ordered the game on Steam and am looking forward to play as the Satsuma (Shimazu) faction.

Unit speed seems a lot slower, especially in the Eurogamer video.

The yari ki (basically yari cavalry equivalents) no longer galloped at lightning speed....

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheartx10 View Post
    Sorry, Youtube has decided to be a right pain in the arse, but it should finally be uploading now, so check back in 2hrs!
    Excellent, thank you!

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

OMG STOP SAYING 'AWESOME'.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I must say, I do not enjoy the English voices. They just don't sound appropriate to me.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah I really don't like the American advisor's voice. And I'm even an American. But then I don't like the sound of my own voice either.

GENERAL'S GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

SPEAR'S AT THE READY, SIR!

Just.... No. I hope we can mod some Japanese voices in.

I don't even really care if they say anything relevant.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Abe86 View Post
    Great video, thanks ! It's from eurogamer, right ? I think it proves the notion of how notoriously bad game reviewers are at games.
    He never played shogun 2 if he thinks his general can beat yari cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny duck View Post
    He never played shogun 2 if he thinks his general can beat yari cavalry.
    Im hoping that battle was a derp.

That whole thing was a Shameful Display.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I must say, I do not enjoy the English voices. They just don't sound appropriate to me.
    Yes, I also dont like how they didnt go for it fully, as zoomed-in unit chatter still seems to be in Japanese.

Yes, I also dont like how they didnt go for it fully, as zoomed-in unit chatter still seems to be in Japanese.

WHAT?!?! I didn't notice that...

Wasn't that the reason they went with English? So peoplle could understand all the small things they say?

Yeah, about 2:15 minutes in the eurogamer video you'll notice he zooms in on his idle troops, and their chatter is in japanese.

Also, why didnt he take the hill ?!!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Yeah, about 2:15 minutes in the eurogamer video you'll notice he zooms in on his idle troops, and their chatter is in japanese.

Also, why didnt he take the hill ?!!
    Because he's not very good at the game obviously.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast