Thread: Camp question

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Default Camp question

Hi Zhuge, question for you - I finally figured out how to add_population to the cams around Troy, but, I see that you have implemented some scripting to prevent the next level of buildings . . .
    Say someone wanted to remove that feature, what would that someone need to do?
    (Secretly rubs hands together and plans a giant network of cities around my great empire of the Troad)

Default Re: Camp question

As I don't have aristeia installed and its been a few years since I worked on it I'm affraid I can't be specific... but you could try removing the indestructible feature from the core building, then you could destroy it and build your cultural equivolent which should feature as normal. So... remove the 'hinterland'? trait from the camp core building in export_descr_buildings? Meh that sounds vaguely familiar.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm, I had a look around in said file, and I could not find the hinterland trait under the core building for low level settlements:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building core_building
    {
    levels governors_house governors_villa governors_palace proconsuls_palace imperial_palace
    {
    governors_house requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1
    recruit "Loyalists" 1 requires factions { germans, } and hidden_resource kyth
    recruit "Akontistai SEAchaean" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource seachean
    recruit "Akontistai SWAchaean" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource swachean
    recruit "Akontistai NAchaean" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource nachean
    recruit "Akontistai EBarbarian" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource ebarbarian
    recruit "Akontistai Islander" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource island
    recruit "Akontistai Mysian" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource mysian
    recruit "Akontistai Anatolian" 0 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource anatolian
    }
    construction 1
    cost 400
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    governors_villa

But under the buildings that DID have hinterland, I found this one (and removing this entier segment allowed me to see the core building, but not destroy it).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building hinterland_battleforge
    {
    levels hinterland_battleforge_shrine
    {
    hinterland_battleforge_shrine requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and hidden_resource camph
    {
    capability
    {
    happiness_bonus bonus 25
    population_growth_bonus bonus -35
    agent spy 10 requires factions { carthaginian, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    }
    construction 1
    cost 400
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

Ah yes, thats the one to stop them growing into cities, but there may also be a limitation on the core building where you can't build the next level, maybe not I can't really remember. In any event removing that negative population growth bonus will help you out. Also I think the camph hidden resource stops you from recruiting anything.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

So, remove "hinterland" take out the hidden resource, and change the neg population growth to a positive, and in theory I should be able to build the next level of the core building? Or is the generic core building on a separate tree that stops at that level?

I've been reading up in text editing, and it dosen't seem possible to make these destructible, but mayhaps I can change it so that they start like normal cities.

If your going to do it on a new campaign then just edit the export_descr_strat by changing the buildings in those settlements to something different bigger.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Sweet, that seemed to work. Now there's something else to throw in the gamble for troy - a dozen cities across The Troad!