Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Yeah, I am keeping an eye on you, mister "ElvenKind"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Good work btw ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

And, all credits go to Emperor of Hell, whose instructions are a big help for everyone.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Don't know if this thread is alive but.. Every time I try to run the game from the new folder it says Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe' This a Vanilla folder of TATW 3.2. just copied and pasted it somewhere else. Renamed the folder, and edited CFG and Bat files to the same name. Edit:nm problem fixed, file in wrong location
    Last edited by TheFunnyOne1125; July 27, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Where do I put the copy of the TATW folder? In the Med II mods section?

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    Where do I put the copy of the TATW folder? In the Med II mods section?
    Yes it goes into M2TW/ mods folder, and, also, you can check these pictures I`ve made for better help. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12974652
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I followed this for Divide and Conquer but its not working any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by ForBalin View Post
    I followed this for Divide and Conquer but its not working any ideas??
    Post # 81 above.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Post # 81 above.
    I followed that and it still keeps crashing how do you do "spoilers" so someone can see what I'm doing wrong.

Go to Go Advanced Posting, and select text/ image which you want to put in spoilers, and press on SPOILER icon ( big red ! sign )

Also, answer these few questions please:
    1. What Windows do you have?

2. Is your M2TW a steam or non steam version?

3. Before installing DaC, did you install TATW all up to 3.2 version, and tried to start a campaign to see does it work?!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 10, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

windows 7 disk version and yes I did somethingelse that might be a bit clearer i just want DAC installed but i want to be able to play vanilla aswell

windows 7 disk version and yes I did somethingelse that might be a bit clearer i just want DAC installed but i want to be able to play vanilla aswell
    You want to make a Dual Installation, in one folder TATW+DaC, in the other vanilla TATW?

1. Reinstall TATW using these steps: LINK.

2. After installing TATW 3.2, check can you start a campaign. If you can, then make a NEW folder in your M2TW/ mods folder, and name it DAC.

3. Open your Third_Age_3 folder, Press CTRL+A to select all Folders and Files present in Third_Age_3 folder ( data, packs, saves, TATW.cfg, TATW.bat etc.. ) and, copy paste all of them to this NEW folder named DAC.

4. Run DaC Installer, set destination folder to install it in this NEW folder named DAC ( .../Medieval 2 Total War/ mods/ DAC )

5. After the installation of DAC is over, open TATW.CFG file present in this DAC folder, right mouse click and EDIT, and change this line with DAC:

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age_3

[io]
    file_first = true

It has to look like this:

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/DAC

[io]
    file_first = true

Save and Exit. Also, SELECT Third Age.BAT file, right mouse click and EDIT, change this line with DAC:

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg

It has to look like this:

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\DAC\TATW.cfg

Save and Exit.

6. After doing this, right mouse click on Third Age.BAT file, press Send To- Desktop( Create Shortcut).

Find this Third Age.BAT shortcut on your Desktop and rename it to DAC, so that it doesn`t confuse you when you want to start vanilla TATW or DAC.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 11, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

Yes!! got it working thanks for that mate +Rep

Yes!! got it working thanks for that mate +Rep
    Enjoy the game.

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

I have the the submod MOS install into my TATW folder, should I just reinstall another and put DAC in that one?

Apologies for reviving this thread. I've been trying to get an installation of DaC running but I've gotten a fatal error. I have done all the steps in the OP. Can anyone help?

EDIT - Turns it out it was due to spaces in my mod folder. Disregard Post
    Last edited by Mr.IAmHere; January 25, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

What program is the .cfg supposed to run with? Because I have accidentally set it to run with notepad by default, and now that's all it will do.

Vanilla TATW works with Notepad, and for submods, use Notepad++, check out post #81.

HELLO . I have installed third age. changed in americas it start but when I want to fight a battle it,s stop and exit, what I have to do to work corect, I have windows 8, please help me 

Válasz
    ·

Quote Originally Posted by robertant View Post

HELLO . I have installed third age. changed in americas it start but when I want to fight a battle it,s stop and exit, what I have to do to work corect, I have windows 8, please help me 

Válasz
    ·

Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Disable/ turn off Daylight saving setting:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

thank you werry much, now its work

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast