Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Not to mention that every M2TW+KINGDOMS+TATW folder is 15 and more GBs in size.. Follow Emperor's instructions and you are good to go with multiple submods.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

sanchawebo's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

I'm just back to say that this worked fine with steam (although i don't know if it was really necessary to edit all the files )

I Did this Method and it work for me:

I Have TATW with MOS 1.41 in the americas (Folder) just because I like to lunch my mods from the Kingdoms Launcher.
    I installed TATW once again with FRoGS and put it in the crusades (Folder).

Now I Have both Sub-Mods and lunch them from the Kingdoms Launcher.

I have 2 problems.
    1. I cannot find the .bat file
    2. When I save the notepad for TATW.cfg it says access denied.
    Any help is much appreciated

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

1. It's the file in your Third_Age_3-folder that is named Third Age as you use to start the game with

2. Do you have read-only on the Third_Age_3-folder? Turn that off + for all files under it (asked if to do at the same time you remove it from the TA3-folder)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

1. Thank you for the location.
    2. I disabled the read only on Third_Age_3-folder but when I save the edits for the .bat & .cfg files it says access denied again.

Hmm, could be UAC perhaps? 11Kind, could that be it?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I don't know what you speak of...

Quote Originally Posted by DaSwede97 View Post
    1. Thank you for the location.2. I disabled the read only on Third_Age_3-folder but when I save the edits for the .bat & .cfg files it says access denied again.
    You obviously have Windows 7, 8 or Vista.. have you edited security level for your main M2TW folder? Right mouse click on your .../ SEGA/ Medieval 2 TW folder, go to Properties, Security, Edit, and check the boxes Full Control and Modify for USERS/ the name of your PC. Apply and after it does it's job, click OK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Okay thanks for the help ElvenKind and Ngugi. Sorry I couldnt reply until today I got caught up in something and could not get back on.

Double post but anyway I got everything sorted out thanks again guys

How do I open a bat file without actually running the game. When I tried to change it where it says "Preview file" it doesn't let me change it.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Right click and open it with Notepad

Sorry but I am not very good with the computer,
    but I right click on it and I don't see anything to do with notepad even when i go to a third screen.

Click "Choose Program" and find Notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by breenma View Post
    How do I open a bat file without actually running the game. When I tried to change it where it says "Preview file" it doesn't let me change it.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Right mouse click on .bat file and go to EDIT. And, if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8, go here and apply step 3 from section How to fix it. ( usually this fixes the problem when you can`t edit or change files ).
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM.

King-Of-Xanadu's Avatar Libertus

So perhaps this has been answered already but I followed your instructions to the letter. Since I have never done this before I was concerned that I might cause some damage. Well after following your instructions I downloaded the PCP mod, have to have me some Avari Elves, but each time I tried to play the PCP mod it always took me back to the generic TATW with the DaC map enhancement. So my question is, what went wrong? Although I should note that I have a windows 7... perhaps it would have been prudent to read those instructions as well...

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Xanadu View Post
    So perhaps this has been answered already but I followed your instructions to the letter. Since I have never done this before I was concerned that I might cause some damage. Well after following your instructions I downloaded the PCP mod, have to have me some Avari Elves, but each time I tried to play the PCP mod it always took me back to the generic TATW with the DaC map enhancement. So my question is, what went wrong? Although I should note that I have a windows 7... perhaps it would have been prudent to read those instructions as well...
    Did you install PCP in a vanilla TATW 3.2 ( unedited and without any other submod.. ) ? And, after renaming the main folder in which you installed PCP, have you edited .bat and .cfg file within that same renamed folder , and tested does .bat file work?

Also, PCP has it's own Dual Installation instructions, they are in the first post of PCP Thread.

@ King-of-Xanadu, one more thing before doing anything else:

Did you make a shortcut for PCP on your Desktop ( you know, right mouse click on Third Age .BAT file and - Send to - Desktop ( Create shortcut ) ?

If you did, then perhapse you are clicking on a wrong Shortcut, the one you just made ( for PCP ) will be named: Third Age - Shortcut ( 2 ), cause, the first installation of vanilla TATW makes a shortcut named: Third Age - Shortcut.

If I were you, check on your Desktop and search for this Third Age - Shortcut ( 2 )

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast