Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Have you tried to see does vanilla TATW work?

What Windows do you have and is your M2TW a steam version or non steam?

If 7 or Vista, have you edited Security for M2TW? Go to How to fix it and apply step 3.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Windows 7, non-steam gold version, already edited security. Oh, and vanilla works fine too. It's just the submods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Windows 7, non-steam gold version, already edited security. Oh, and vanilla works fine too. It's just the submods.
    Ok, so, if you have vanilla TATW working, make a new folder there in \mods folder, name it as Call_of_Arms for example ( or whatever you want) open it, and copy\paste into it CONTENT of Third_Age_3 vanilla folder.
    Then go to the Installer of the submod you want to install, browse its installation path to this Call_of_Arms folder for example. After installation is done, open or edit TATW.cfg file and add the line of this Call_of_Arms folder where is it supposed to go, and do the same for TATW.bat file. Some submods like MOS has more entries in its TATW.bat file and they have to be both changed:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3\
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs

At the end of editing, right mouse click edited .bat file, send it to Desktop as a Shortcut, and I advise you to rename it to the name of the Folder where is it located ( example Call_of_Arms).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

None of the submods have installers - they're all drag and drop installation. Will that be a factor?

Then just do everything els except:
    Then go to the Installer of the submod you want to install, browse its installation path to this Call_of_Arms folder for example.
    And of course every submod needs its own copy\folder of vanilla TATW. Rename them before copy\pasting the content of the vanilla TATW folder.

It still crashes, same as before. Starts up, shuts down. Any other ideas?

Try clearing the virtual store of any TATW related files, if you have any saved games, back them up somewhere.

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(or x?)\Sega\Medieval2 Total War\ mods
    (if u can`t find it, then it is hidden, so follow this How to Unhide hidden folders on Windows: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post8287059).

I don`t think that AUM is compatible with TATW 3.2,see here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post12228462

Gondor Armour Upgrade is for TATW 3.1 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10811064

Double post, please edit it dear Moderators

That knocks those two out, but I've already been through the whole Virtual Store process so there's still no reason for the third to not be working.

Call to Arms? Well, I haven`t tried it, so can`t say for sure why it doesn`t work, or is it even compatible with TATW 3.2. You can backup the files which that submod is going to change (these ones in the picture)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And just copy\paste it into your Third_Age_3\ data folder. But don`t copy\paste this Data folder, open it and copy\paste its content ( this on the picture). Overwrite and give it a try.

um... I'm sorry, I don't follow exactly.

Are you saying you want me to copy-paste the original Third Age files into the submod after backing it up, or what?

No, make a backup of the vanilla (original) TATW files which are in that picture, cause those are the files which Call to Arms submod is going to overwrite after you copy\paste the content from Call to Arms \Data folder, so if you screw up you can revert to vanilla TATW files.

And when I do that try to install Call to Arms into the vanilla folder, right?

Yes, into vanilla TATW\data folder.

Well that was a long-winded night. Didn't get a chance yet to try this next fix, though. I'll get to that shortly.

*EDIT*
    It doesn't work either. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is also incompatible.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; December 01, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Really Usefull .

Nevermind, someone just named their mod folder wrong.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 20, 2012 at 09:53 PM.

sanchawebo's Avatar Foederatus

Is there any specific information regarding a steam install?

Senator

Thanks very much for this info. If it copy and paste all my med II files into two other folders with different names - and then copy the third age 3 folder (patched to 3.2) into the mods folder of each before installing each sub-mod to a different medII/mods/third_age_3 folder to avoid renaming it in case that causes problems, will that still work?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

I am not sure but it sounds like making a huge problem while making a secondary installation is way easier.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast