Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    it's non steam.

I didn't install DAC yet "will do now" but i had installed MOS+RK originally and when i changed the folder name and did the above steps the Third Age.bat gave me can't find the script G5BAISwitcher.vbs.
    You only need to change the second line ( Third_Age_3 to Third_Age_3_BS):

cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods
    \Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3_BS\
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Ok it worked like a charm though the reason for it not working is my own stupidity.
    When i changed the folder name i changed it wrong and that's the whole reason why it didn't work.

HeyDirk01 make sure the the folders name are the right one and it will work.
    And a great thanks to Elvinkind for his great support.
    Last edited by sataricon; November 20, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

Hi I just try this guide because I want 2 submods.

but I guess I have problem when I did everything like the guide said I click the Third Age.Bat to start the game (MOS submod)

some script error ( I guess) pop up but actually it just pop up and I still can play the MOS but I don't know will I have some problem in feature when playing with script error

this is my Third Age.Bat via notepad

shi* I just noticed I made mistake by myself sorry I just see it the name of the file actually I use Third_Age_3_MOS but I typed Third_Age_3_BS lol
    I am so sorry I just made a mess in this topic

Ok es funktionierte wie ein Zauber, obwohl der Grund dafür nicht funktioniert ist meine eigene Dummheit.
    Als ich verändert die Ordnernamen änderte ich es falsch, und das ist der einzige Grund, warum es nicht funktioniert. Hey Dirk01 sicherstellen Namen der die Ordner sind die Richtige und es wird funktionieren. Und ein großer Dank an Elvinkind für seine große Unterstützung.

Hello there,
    thank you, have managed to MOS and DAC installed simultaneously.
    Greeting Elvenkind and the other Moder. They are doing a great job.
    Kind Regards

LordKasten's Avatar Laetus

Hey, I ran into a problem when I modified the .bat and .cgf files through notepad my computer has now associated .bat with Notepad and it won't run it.
    When i try to run the .bat file it now opens as .txt (in notepad) and won't run it, how can I undo this????
    Please help

Quote Originally Posted by LordKasten View Post
    Hey, I ran into a problem when I modified the .bat and .cgf files through notepad my computer has now associated .bat with Notepad and it won't run it.
    When i try to run the .bat file it now opens as .txt (in notepad) and won't run it, how can I undo this????
    Please help
    1) Make a backup of your Windows Registry ( if you do not know how to do it, then Google for: How to backup Windows Registry in Windows " insert your Windows version" )

2) Run regedit ( if you do not know how to do it, then google for: How to open regedit - Registry Editor in Windows " insert your Windows version" )

3) look for the key .BAT under: HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

and delete the key named .BAT

If that is too complicated, try this method:

Go to your Control Panel - Default Programs - Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program.

These are what it should be :

.bat Description = Windows Batch File

Current Application = Unknown application
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 01, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thank you, this really helped! I can now have two TATWs, one where I fiddle with things and second one, in which I play campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by AWPscrape View Post
    Thank you, this really helped! I can now have two TATWs, one where I fiddle with things and second one, in which I play campaigns
    Just two TATWs? I had nine folders with different TATW submods, and two with original vanilla TATW + vanilla TATW for playing.

Icon1 Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

there no bat file editaable with notes bloc into my BS FOLDER....why?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Immagine2.png  

Quote Originally Posted by frank883 View Post
    there no bat file editaable with notes bloc into my BS FOLDER....why?
    You need to edit TATW - File CFG, and that last one from your picture, named Third Age - File Batch Windows (the one which is just under Third Age Steam - File Batch Windows).

Since you are using MOS submod, I would strongly suggest to download a free program called Notepad++, and use it instead of your ordinary Notepad program to edit these files. Otherwise, your submod will not work. Also, before making any changes, make a backup of a file which you are about to change/edit.

If you don`t speak/write English very well, we will find someone who speaks/writes Italian well.

Probably Flinn..

I've discovered a bug that I'm not certain how to fix. Using MOS 1.7, I followed the instructions provided in the OP. When I run the .bat file to start the game, I get an error: can not find script file: "C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamappscommonMedievalIITotalWar\G5BAISwitcher.vbs" BUT, the game still works properly. I started a new campaign, played a turn and even fought a battle. What exactly is G5BAISwitcher and is there something I can do to fix this? Should I even bother since the game seems to be working properly?

You will need to make sure G5BAI line in the Third Age bat file is pointed to the correct folder.
    Example my MOS 1.7 is in a folder named MOS_1.7 so the line in the bat file is:
    cd mods\MOS_1.7\

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    You will need to make sure G5BAI line in the Third Age bat file is pointed to the correct folder.
    Example my MOS 1.7 is in a folder named MOS_1.7 so the line in the bat file is:
    cd mods\MOS_1.7\
    In the directions in the OP, it stated that you only needed to change line one in the bat file:
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg (which I changed to @mods\Third_Age_3_MOS\TATW.cfg)
    cd mods\Third_Age_3\

Are you saying that I also need to change?
    cd mods\Third_Age_3\ to cd mods\Third_Age_3_MOS\

So the entire Third Age.bat file should read:
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3_MOS\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3_MOS\

Did I understand correctly, if I renamed my MOS install as steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3_MOS

Okay, changing that line in the .bat file worked and the error no longer appears. However, either I simply misunderstood the thread instructions or they are incorrect. I'm not very good at this sort of thing, though.

The instructions in the OP are correct. Those instructions allow the multiple installations.
    The instructions do not address the peculiarities of each sub-mod.

Before you get to deep into a campaign, I would suggest going into custom battle and start a battle with a Dwarven Axethrower unit. See if the game crashes when the unit throws axes.
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 31, 2017 at 06:02 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567