Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

a very simple question

let's say that I'm installing DAC on a fresh TATW installation (my MOS installation has been already renamed), if I don't want to play MOS together with DAC I don't really need to edit the TATW.cfg or the Third Age.bat files of my old MOS installation, correct?

at the same time, if I leave my DAC installation into a un-renamed Third Age folder I don't need to edit the two files above to play it, do I?

just to be sure, for such techy things I'm usually pretty noob

edit: nevermind, I tested and it works
    Last edited by Flinn; April 16, 2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: solved
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Baron Samedi is NOT working

I have tried to install baron Samedi's sub mods and it just does not work!
    I have got MOS to work on it to it is not that and I followed this guide to the letter
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)
    On how to make them both work, so I am so confused at the moment why I am not getting notifications when I start a game of which mods I would like to have in my current game!!!
    I even followed the advice where I check which path it is going to and using the bug fixer and it still does not work!
    Please help me!!

Default Re: Baron Samedi is NOT working

Baron Samedi is for TATW 3.1, MOS for TATW 3.2. Maybe this went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Baron Samedi is for TATW 3.1, MOS for TATW 3.2. Maybe this went wrong?
    No because when I load the game which Barom Samedi is supposed to be installed on it says TATW 3.1

check the version of tatw before installing baron samedi. If it says 3.1 then its ok, if not you have installed 2 much.

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Guys just managed to fix it! Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice!!!

Foederatus

How would I go about having 3 installations?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheLonelyPickle View Post
    How would I go about having 3 installations?
    Same as you do when to have 2 of them (I have over 10 myself haha), or do you mean there's any part in the instructions on page 1 that are unclear?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Encountering a problem. I've got a vanilla install of TATW 3.2, and one with D&C on it. I got the vanilla TATW in order to install something else on it, and I re-named the install with D&C on it so as to help differentiate between them. I've followed the instructions in the OP, but whenever I try to start the D&C (either from the .bat file or any of the shortcuts) it tries to load up MTW2 and quickly crashes. As far as I can see, I've followed the instructions perfectly, so I am at a loss at what to do. Any ideas?

Madness1910's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks, tried it for the first time and it works fine. I will rep you as soon as possible...

it's been a while, school is done so I find myself looking at my vanilla TATW and how the submods that I'd like to have are now updated from last year and the last time I was here. I got D&C and might get the newer MOS, but seeing how one need TATW 3.2 and the other... I think it's the same, when I tried 3.2 it was kind of glitchy and I did not like that so I went back to 3.0 so my question is... is it possible to run 3.2 and 3.0 of TATW using the same concept shown here?

PS:also had trouble trying to run the 3 versions I wanted last year so just went back to 3.0

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JediArogorn View Post
    it's been a while, school is done so I find myself looking at my vanilla TATW and how the submods that I'd like to have are now updated from last year and the last time I was here. I got D&C and might get the newer MOS, but seeing how one need TATW 3.2 and the other... I think it's the same, when I tried 3.2 it was kind of glitchy and I did not like that so I went back to 3.0 so my question is... is it possible to run 3.2 and 3.0 of TATW using the same concept shown here?

PS:also had trouble trying to run the 3 versions I wanted last year so just went back to 3.0

thanks.
    Of course it is possible.

1) First install TATW 3.0 both parts, and test can you start a campaign. If you can, then name this folder Third_Age_3.0.

2) Now, make another New Folder in your Medieval II Total War/mods folder, and rename this New Folder as Third_Age_3 .

Open your Third_Age_3.0 folder, and copy/paste whole content of it into this newly made/renamed Third_Age_3 folder.

3) Then install TATW 3.2 Patch into this Third_Age_3 folder ( destination path must end with the location of your /Medieval II Total War main folder, so it is not Medieval II Total War/ mods/, nor Medieval II Total War/ mods/ Third_Age_3, it must end with /Medieval II Total War ).

After installing TATW 3.2 Patch, test can you start a campaign, and if you can, make a backup copy somewhere, and name it Third_Age_3.2. This way you have a working copy of TATW 3.2, which you can use to install submods made for TATW 3.2 version.

To switch between mods, just rename the folder to Third_Age_3, and use the Third Age.BAT ( batch) file to start it. And ,if you want to play TATW 3.0, just rename the folder which contains TATW 3.2 back to Third_Age_3.2 , and the one which contains TATW 3.0 rename to Third_Age_3 and play it. It can be done with TATW submods as well, if you install MOS, name that folder MOS or DaC or FROGS, and when you want to play MOS for example, just rename MOS folder to Third_Age_3 ( of course, you first rename Third_Age_3 folder of the version you were playing before to something else so you can know what is installed in that same folder).

The trick is to have as much folders as you want ( MOS, DaC, FROGS, PCP, Third_Age_3.2, Third_Age_3.0 etc.. ) and just renaming the folder of a version/submod which you want to play to Third_Age_3.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

So I can't run them off the BAT files? I can't have like 3 BATs for TATW/MOS/DAC I'd just be using one and changing folder names?

Sorry for bring it up again but just today I tried again to get the sub-mods to work for me and nothing works, I tried to patch my 3.0 after making a copy of it to 3.1 and 3.2 no luck.

Tried the newest MOS with no luck, just got the 1st loading screen then CTD.

How to do this with steam?

Quote Originally Posted by JediArogorn View Post
    So I can't run them off the BAT files? I can't have like 3 BATs for TATW/MOS/DAC I'd just be using one and changing folder names?

Sorry for bring it up again but just today I tried again to get the sub-mods to work for me and nothing works, I tried to patch my 3.0 after making a copy of it to 3.1 and 3.2 no luck.

Tried the newest MOS with no luck, just got the 1st loading screen then CTD.
    First you need to get TATW 3.2 working. Then, make a backup of TATW 3.2 as shown in the picture bellow ( steps 1 and 2 ).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

________________________________________________________________________________
    Lets say that you have already installed FROGS submod for TATW 3.2 ( step 3 from the picture) .. And now you want another submod to be installed for TATW 3.2 ( for example: MOS) :

a) rename Third_Age_3 folder back to FROGS,

b) make a NEW FOLDER and name it Third_Age_3. Open your Third_Age_3.2_BACKUP folder, and copy/paste all files and folders into this newly created Third_Age_3 folder.

c) Install MOS into this newly created Third_Age_3 folder by using MOS instructions. Check does it work.

________________________________________________________________________________

When you want to stop playing MOS, and start playing FROGS again, then just rename Third_Age_3 folder back to MOS, and, FROGS folder rename back to Third_Age_3. It can be done vice versa.

And you can use Third Age.BAT ( BATCH) file from your Desktop for all of them, cause it is the same for all TATW submods.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hello Modfreunde,
    I want to install MOS and Mac simultaneously. Have a clean Third Age 3.2 folder and installed MOS, funktionier very well and without any problems. Then I have this folder in Third_ Age_3_MOS unnamed and
    Third Age.bat:
    Spoiler (Close)
    CD ..\..
    Start kingdoms.exe @ Mods \ Third_Age_3_MOS \ TATW.cfg
    cd mods \ Third_Age_3_MOS \
    wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    In the TATW.cfg:
    Spoiler (Close)
    [features]
    Editor = true
    mod = mods / Third_Age_3_MOS
    changed.
    Problem!!! MOS does not start, Kingdoms is started instead. Help !

I have MOS 1.6 + RK and used to work with no problem.
    Now when i did the steps mentioned in the OP i get this error "can't find the script G5BAISwitcher.vbs"
    This is how my Third Age.bat file looks :
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3_BS\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3_BS\
    exit

can any one help?

I want to install DAC and at the same time enjoy MOS1.6+RK.

thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk01 View Post
    Hello Modfreunde,
    I want to install MOS and Mac simultaneously. Have a clean Third Age 3.2 folder and installed MOS, funktionier very well and without any problems. Then I have this folder in Third_ Age_3_MOS unnamed and
    Third Age.bat:
    Spoiler (Close)
    CD ..\..
    Start kingdoms.exe @ Mods \ Third_Age_3_MOS \ TATW.cfg
    In the TATW.cfg:
    Spoiler (Close)
    [features]
    Editor = true
    changed.
    Problem!!! MOS does not start, Kingdoms is started instead. Help !
    Is your M2TW a Steam or non Steam/retail version? What is this "Mac" which you had mentioned that you want to install?

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    I have MOS 1.6 + RK and used to work with no problem.
    Now when i did the steps mentioned in the OP i get this error "can't find the script G5BAISwitcher.vbs"
    This is how my Third Age.bat file looks :
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3_BS\TATW.cfg
    cd mods\Third_Age_3_BS\
    exit

can any one help?

I want to install DAC and at the same time enjoy MOS1.6+RK.

thanx in advance.
    Is your M2TW a Steam or non Steam/retail version? What is the name of the folder where you had installed DAC?

it's non steam.

I didn't install DAC yet "will do now" but i had installed MOS+RK originally and when i changed the folder name and did the above steps the Third Age.bat gave me can't find the script G5BAISwitcher.vbs.

It` non Stream. Ich habe installiert Medieval 2 Gold ink. Kingdoms Patch 1.5, Third Age 3.0, Patch 3.1, Patch 3.2 und MOS 1.7 inkl. Patch 1-4. Spiel ohne Probleme. Ordner in Third_ Age_3_MOS unbenannte und
    Third Age.bat:
    Spoiler (Close)
    CD .. \ ..
    Starten kingdoms.exe @ Mods \ Third_Age_3_MOS \ TATW.cfg
    Im TATW. cfg:
    Spoiler (Schließen),
    [Eigenschaften]
    Editor = true

But why not start MOS but Medivall 2 ???

Sorry for my english, still learning.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast