Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New FotS preview video

Default Re: New FotS preview video

I MUST HAVE THIS!
    IT IS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Thanks for the video!Looks awesome,especially the navel battles. Can't wait to try out the navel bombardment in particular

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

They did a good job of excluding sieges, like they`ve done since ETW. I wonder why that was.

Oh, yea, because they`re not realistic at all. Men still climb the walls. Ca know it`s crap and might put people off.

Propaganda, don`t ya just love it.

However, I`m glad that the gatling gun will almost lose you the battle if you sit on it because that IS realistic. It`s a plus point in my view. YOU are the tactical comander, you cannot just sit on a gatling and ignore the rest of the tactics of battle. It seems to me the best time to use it will be near the end of a battle when you`ve carried out all your tactics and know you`ve morer or less won.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Wow! Must say this looks awesome. Quite possibly the most I have ever been excited for a Total War title.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_in_a_vat View Post
    Didn't like a three thousand guys die in the Boshin war lol? The sum total of casualties in the the Boshin war will be inflicted in roughly one battle in FotS.
    Yeah. It's actually kind of cool that the backdrop of this title is a war that was actually quite short. Kinda opens up the 'what if?' factor of the campaigns. There is really nothing to compare to a historical timeline unless you end your campaign after a few turns.
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; March 15, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Double post

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_in_a_vat View Post
    Didn't like a three thousand guys die in the Boshin war lol? The sum total of casualties in the the Boshin war will be inflicted in roughly one battle in FotS.
    there were plenty more casualties when you combine the seinan war, the Boshin war, and the Aizu war,both of which took place in this time frame. More than 3,000 died in the siege of Aizu Wakamatsu alone.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

They are really improving the TW series with this title. I think they are making room for a WWI TW.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

It looks bloody awesome but those naval bombardments sounded cooler on paper. It really just looks like the orbital bombardment from Dawn of War...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

so in this game you can directly control the gatling gun/cannon , great! I hope that in the next TW game you can control your soldier like in M&B

Was hoping they would tweak the battle effects a little. The explosions are woefully bad, especially the ship explosions.

While technically the game is getting more demanding, i think aesthetically it has never been so bad.
    Last edited by agent 47; March 15, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Hayro252's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT LOLOLOL
    at least we got this right?
    but i want tactical train and suicide Zeppelin

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

I just hope this is the prelude to something Victorian or WWI era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    They did a good job of excluding sieges,

It's spidermen....with GATLING CANNONS ON TOWERS.

Perhaps I can add a gatling pistol.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    It's spidermen....with GATLING CANNONS ON TOWERS.

Perhaps I can add a gatling pistol.
    COntinuing my tradition of just posting Sengoku Basara....

without further ado....

what if a geisha where to use gatling guns along side with dual pistols?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

after watching this...I am reconsidering buying fall of samurai.. ..LOL

I Can Feel in the future a World War I: Total War this expansion looks epic and the new artillery and guns and technology is making the TW series even more great , but still my top favorite is Medieval II: Total War.

Senator

wow this has got me excited for the game.
    I've got a few questions, hopefully you guys can help answer these.

1) The port siege battles battles at 3:33 of the video, how do they work? Are you able to control the cannons in the 3rd person mode and aim for the ships? Or do you just click-attack the ships normally? In the video you don’t see the player controlling the port cannons in 3rd person. Also, how does this work when you are the attacker? Do you control the ship’s guns in 3rd person?

2) In regular land battles, can your cannons fire on enemy ships along the coast? I mean, they are bombarding you, but you can’t fight back with your land units against them? What about with your ships?

3) Does using 3rd person mode for your land artillery or ships help your accuracy? Or is it just for fun?

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I can easily see them progressing right into Victoria: TW from here but by all the gods they better not get crazy and try to go as far as WW I. That would be dreadful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by avesta View Post
    wow this has got me excited for the game.
    I've got a few questions, hopefully you guys can help answer these.

1) The port siege battles battles at 3:33 of the video, how do they work? Are you able to control the cannons in the 3rd person mode and aim for the ships? Or do you just click-attack the ships normally? In the video you don’t see the player controlling the port cannons in 3rd person. Also, how does this work when you are the attacker? Do you control the ship’s guns in 3rd person?

2) In regular land battles, can your cannons fire on enemy ships along the coast? I mean, they are bombarding you, but you can’t fight back with your land units against them? What about with your ships?

3) Does using 3rd person mode for your land artillery or ships help your accuracy? Or is it just for fun?
    1) I don't know for sure, but I think it is just click and attack, but maybe you can also control one of the cannons (or gatlingguns!)
    2) The ships have very long range guns, that's the reason why they can assist you in the battle. That means that you can't fight back.
    3) I think both. If you can aim with a cannon quite well, then you will kill more enemy soldiers then you normally would (but if you suck at aiming...) and of course it is very funny to control a cannon or a gatlinggun.

Hopefully this will help?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryShooter View Post
    1) I don't know for sure, but I think it is just click and attack, but maybe you can also control one of the cannons (or gatlingguns!)
    2) The ships have very long range guns, that's the reason why they can assist you in the battle. That means that you can't fight back.
    3) I think both. If you can aim with a cannon quite well, then you will kill more enemy soldiers then you normally would (but if you suck at aiming...) and of course it is very funny to control a cannon or a gatlinggun.

Hopefully this will help?
    cool thanks.
    I guess land and naval battles haven't yet been truly combined into a "hybrid" battle.

Also, if the port siege battles don't include 3rd person mode, it could get quite boring after a few tries I take it...

Senator

by the way, what are some tactics you can use when you control a ship's guns in 3rd person?
    Are you supposed to aim at the hull or something?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast