Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Spoilers)The Best Scenes in ME3

Tribunus

Default Re: (Spoilers)The Best Scenes in ME3

As I noted earlier Legion didn't so much die as he did ascend. He became the Geth, and in doing so ceased being Legion.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    As I noted earlier Legion didn't so much die as he did ascend. He became the Geth, and in doing so ceased being Legion.
    Or rather, became all the more Legion

You could say that, of course, and it speaks for how wonderful a moment that was for the character development.
    By the way... was I the only one who got the impression that Legion (or at least one of the programs inside him) was the Geth that first took up arms against the Quarians in defense of the pro-Geth Quarians? He was so suspiciously silent and "absentminded" (if that works with Geth... ) at Shepards questions at that moment, while he tried to explain every other memory scene we can see.

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

As for now Modrin's death and Grunts "last" stand. Really touching!

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Mordin's renegade death (not that I did this) but it is an incredible scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-1FAxiUAoo

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

So many moments of pure genius, all wasted by the ending...
    In no particular order:
    1)Bottle shooting with Garrus.
    2)Grunt's epic "last" stand.
    3)Liara and her vidlogs (really touching if you romanced her).
    4)Mordin's death.
    5)Thane's death.
    6)Wrex's epic comments about the children he is gonna make.
    And many others that don't spring to mind right now.
    I can't believe they managed to the ending so bad that I don't want to replay the entire game....

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Yeah, I really liked the scene with Liara about her 'project'. Her plan to create a similar system to Vigil on Ilos, providing all sorts of information about the reapers and the galaxy by placing time capsules on planets scattered across the galaxy. Quite touching how she asked about how you would be portrayed for the project.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Georgy Zhukov View Post
    Mordin's renegade death (not that I did this) but it is an incredible scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-1FAxiUAoo

I actually think the renegade death for mordin is more moving then the paragon death

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

When Legion says to Tali: "I know Tali, but thank you. Keelah'selai" and then dies..

I get chills every time, and feel myself welling up.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

What about when we get to see the flashbacks of Geth memory regarding how some quarians tried to save the geth.
    I felt touched there to.

Lots of touching moments actually. Gaming has advanced, hasn't it?
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicę
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Tribunus

Decent writing does not constitute advance.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTKw...eature=related
    Oh come on, it's an emotional advance.
    Besides, if you can do better, go ahead
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicę
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Jesus Christ - I just watched that renegade video for Mordin - who could do such a thing to him (still a great scene though even if i wouldn't do it )

Tribunus

My Renegade Shep did

Then again I was totally hoping for the ability to shoot Ashley Williams..

What is it with all the Ashley hate? If there's one character you want to shoot, it's Conrad Verner.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Jesus Christ - I just watched that renegade video for Mordin - who could do such a thing to him (still a great scene though even if i wouldn't do it )
    Watch what happens between Wrex and Shepard later on, and things feel even worse.

Tribunus

Based on what I've seen in ME3, and my experience with her in ME1, unless she is your LI then she is a stunningly boring character ;\

Might be because she's pretty much the most "normal" character out there? I mean, it's hard to keep up with numbers of exotic alien species badasses, Human biotics with constant migraines or other Humans who all conveniently happen to be incredibly good at what they're doing, despite whatever flaws they might be coming with?

Tribunus

No, she is just stunningly boring. And if you're going to argue along the "just because she isn't a Mary Sue you're not interested" then consider that, per canon, her family has a black mark that has prevented her father from rising in rank for quite a while. Consider that, by virtue of being so badass, she survived a Collector attack (I still don't believe that, and it strikes me as a plot line they just threw away) when someone else who was taken and you later see die was standing within a few feet of her. Kaiden at least has the "Well I'm a biotic." excuse. And consider that, in relation to the first point, she somehow overcomes this black mark and is promoted from a simple NCO to Lieutenant-Commander in the space of a few months, at best two years. And then there is her whole "I have a poem for every situation!" and the Spectre promotion, and her angst about her brother-in-law :\

She suffers just as much from "Humans who all conveniently happen to be incredibly good at what they're doing, despite whatever flaws they might be coming with?" as everyone else. She is just really boring.

Heck, James Vega is more interesting, James freakin' Vega. The pig nosed, muscle bound token affirmative action crew member who was only there in the first place to serve as a method for all of the other characters to explain the setting for the player if they haven't played the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    She suffers just as much from "Humans who all conveniently happen to be incredibly good at what they're doing, despite whatever flaws they might be coming with?" as everyone else. She is just really boring.
    I'd say the reason some people find her boring is that she doesn't have much else to speak for her except her badassness? Compare her to Kaidan (the only other Human squadmate we consistently encounter) - what makes him so much more interesting? Might it be the non-standard biotic abilities and the things he had to go through because of them - all of which can easily be considered "not normal" for most humans, and which had a serious impact on his character?

Comparing her to the other non-human squadmembers is a relatively moot point, imho: They all have vastly different backgrounds that carry a lot of things that pique interest, like their very different looks, their mindsets, cultures and traditions, all of which are referenced throughout the games here or there.
    Heck, James Vega is more interesting, James freakin' Vega. The pig nosed, muscle bound token affirmative action crew member who was only there in the first place to serve as a method for all of the other characters to explain the setting for the player if they haven't played the other two.
    Vega's pretty much the epitome of a boring character that I can think of. Moreso, he never even managed to fulfill this role, afterall. He hardly ever asked for background, and noone ever really bothered telling him. All he ever really did was toting guns, muscles, grunts and "loco".
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM.

Tribunus

He actually did from time to time. Most of it occurred in banter, you do get a few codex entries through him that you wouldn't otherwise get, like the Krogan History one of Palaven.

I'd say the reason some people find her boring is that she doesn't have much else to speak for her except her badassness?
    I'd agree with you if they didn't spend a great deal of time trying to force a larger emotional spectrum than that character was capable of delivering on your relationship with that character.

Compare her to Kaidan (the only other Human squadmate we consistently encounter) - what makes him so much more interesting?
    Ignoring Jack (who had an odd background, made more interesting now via the progression shown in ME3), Miranda (who finally escaped Mary Sueism by killing her father, and then getting over it, but was never really that interesting), Jacob (who like Jack became more of a character through ME3) and Vega?

Comparing her to the other characters is a moot point

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast