Thread: MPC battle problem

Icon8 MPC battle problem

Hello,

First of all: thanks for a great mod! I'm enjoying it a lot!

So much so actually that I started a multiplayer campaign with a friend of mine. Me playing France, he's playing Russia.

In the Darthmod option screen we chose MP default settings. I hosted a game with the options to fight the battles for the AI.

For some reason however all the battles we encounter are auto-resolve. I invaded GB with Napoleon and my best stack of troops and attacked London, Wellington defending. The option to fight the battle was greyed out however, although the balance of forces was equal. I actually lost the auto-resolve.
    Now this kinda ruins the game for me. Loosing the battle for London when my friend would drop in to fight as Wellington is one thing, being forced to auto-resolve and than loose is another thing altogether.

Are we doing something wrong here, are the settings incorrect, is this a feature or a bug? Any advice is appreciated!
    Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion

Default Re: MPC battle problem

Thanks for the response Darth,

Could the problem be the settings we're using? Do difficulty settings influence the chance that you can fight a battle on the battle map?

Do you use only the MP Script as advised or you add extra settings?
    Difficulty does not affect.

Again thanks for the reply Darth!

I thought we both used the multiplayer script only, seems that my friend used the double unit size option. Reverting to 1x unit size problably solved it!

So we fought the battle for London once more - compared to fighting the AI this was a whole different ballgame. I won a battle outside the city but my army was so depleted I had to opt for peace with the english.

(double post)

Just for the record, this may not be a DarthMod issue, as my friend and I encountered the same problem more than once, using NER (before the patch broke it; we have not gone back to NER since). The only thing we could do was to exit the game and restart, and that usually resolved the problem. Someone might want to research other posts for NER and any other NTW mods, plus vanilla, to see if this is really a CA issue.

B.C. Milligan