Thread: LME3 Preview

Mr Niles's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: LME3 Preview#2

looks great

ibigscarymonster's Avatar Civis

Looking great!

For smoke Whiff of Sulpher. Will the BAI be different in LME3? I wish it to be more difficult.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkOrange View Post
    For smoke Whiff of Sulpher. Will the BAI be different in LME3? I wish it to be more difficult.
    Only minor changes to the BAI, but I would like to know what parts of the BAI that are currently too easy?

Cheers
    iutland

Permission is obtained to include the following new submods in LME3 installer and launcher:

• Pdguru's French units
    • MAUM by AClockworkOrange
    • Whiff of Sulphur by rikktherek
    • Battlefield Smoke Mod by Mech_Donald
    • X-Factor Sound Mod by Sgt's Beaten Drum
    • Ultimate Sound Mod by LochKopf with Pdguru's "Bullethits"
    • WolvesLME3 Larger Armies by Wolves In The Throne Room

The U_AI and AUM submods will of course still be included. Integration of the submods is 80% done. However BSM and WoS required some adaption in "projectiles" parameters to make them compatible with LME custom projectiles (this was also reported by LME players pre-LME2).

Thank you! to all the submod providers
    allowing us all to enjoy a more complete NTW experience with LME3!

Furthermore LME3 includes UPC (SwissHalberdiers joint NTW text project) based French, German and Spanish text packs.

LME3 release still on schedule

I can't wait until this is out! It looks so good. LME is still the best mod for NTW.
    Hopefully I will be able to recreate my submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464130 for this version.

One thing I want to ask is, is there a way to recreate/import the smoke mod used in The American Revolution mod for ETW into NTW?
    I always thought WoS was the best-and it is pretty good- but if you play TAR with full smoke enhanced setting, oh my, you'll know what I'm talking about! Everything about it is amazing.

I've asked this in several other threads and have never gotten a straight answer from anyone on this subject. I asked one the mod creators over at TAR and he directed me to a smoke mod that was nothing like what they have in TAR, I was quite confused.
    LME with that smoke mod would be really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    I can't wait until this is out! It looks so good. LME is still the best mod for NTW.
    Hopefully I will be able to recreate my submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464130 for this version.

One thing I want to ask is, is there a way to recreate/import the smoke mod used in The American Revolution mod for ETW into NTW?
    I always thought WoS was the best-and it is pretty good- but if you play TAR with full smoke enhanced setting, oh my, you'll know what I'm talking about! Everything about it is amazing.

I've asked this in several other threads and have never gotten a straight answer from anyone on this subject. I asked one the mod creators over at TAR and he directed me to a smoke mod that was nothing like what they have in TAR, I was quite confused.
    LME with that smoke mod would be really awesome.
    Thank you

I think it is easier to include WolvesLME3_0 submod in the installer and launcher right away instead of waiting until LME3 is released, in that way you can always update the submod without worrying about the LME3 launcher because it is already included.

I assume it is alright with you? Since there aren't really any changes in LME3 units table, I have included the new units in the attached pack (last 17 entries). If you want to do further changes to the pack before LME3 is released, please submit it to me NLT EOB April 2nd

Best regards
    iutland

PS. Will be added in previous post.

Oh my, feel free to do with the submod as you like, but there is no way I am going to be able to do any work or changes at the moment. I am literally getting out of the military this coming week and moving (if anyone knows what that's like it's almost easier getting in haha), will probably be offline for a bit as well.

If I had thought about it or known sooner I could've added the changes to the new units, but I just saw the LME3 previews today.
    I don't mind someone else doing it however, would love for people who like that option to be able to have it, however you can make it work. All the changes made are explained in my first post in that thread.

This mod is going to be epic.

when will this mod release

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Permission is obtained to include the following new submods in LME3 installer and launcher:

• Pdguru's French units
    • MAUM by AClockworkOrange
    • Whiff of Sulphur by rikktherek
    • Battlefield Smoke Mod by Mech_Donald
    • X-Factor Sound Mod by Sgt's Beaten Drum
    • Ultimate Sound Mod by LochKopf with Pdguru's "Bullethits"
    • WolvesLME3 Larger Armies by Wolves In The Throne Room

The U_AI and AUM submods will of course still be included. Integration of the submods is 80% done. However BSM and WoS required some adaption in "projectiles" parameters to make them compatible with LME custom projectiles (this was also reported by LME players pre-LME2).

Thank you! to all the submod providers
    allowing us all to enjoy a more complete NTW experience with LME3!

Furthermore LME3 includes UPC (SwissHalberdiers joint NTW text project) based French, German and Spanish text packs.

LME3 release still on schedule
    Good choice

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

The only things about Pdgure's French Units is they dont reflect the uniforms between 1796 and 1802 right? Or are they being included in the other campaigns.

LME3 Mod Launcher is 95% complete and you can see a preview below.

Note that every Submod is available to any LME campaign, whether or not to use them with a specific campaign is entirely up to you

Hints will be given via the launcher though.

Cheers
    iutland

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

SUPERBO!!!!!! +REP!

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler99 View Post
    The only things about Pdgure's French Units is they dont reflect the uniforms between 1796 and 1802 right? Or are they being included in the other campaigns.
    You're right. My units are mostly later period. They are also French only (with perhaps one exception, the Hibernian Regiment). So you'll have to decide if you want them based on the period you are playing... or if, like me, you just like the look of them in your game! As iutland replied above, "every Submod is available to any LME campaign, whether or not to use them with a specific campaign is entirely up to you"

Feel free to comment, please, iutland.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    You're right. My units are mostly later period. They are also French only (with perhaps one exception, the Hibernian Regiment). So you'll have to decide if you want them based on the period you are playing... or if, like me, you just like the look of them in your game! As iutland replied above, "every Submod is available to any LME campaign, whether or not to use them with a specific campaign is entirely up to you"

Feel free to comment, please, iutland.
    You're quite right, I want to present a wide selection of options (read: submods/text packs) to the players in a simple-to-use fashion (aka: The KISS principle first formulated by the late Kelly Johnson). I think it would be a shame to hinder any players from using additional features added to the mod, only based on my biased perception and judgement

As a matter in fact all the included "Unit" submods are mainly late period units!

/iutland

excellent launcher Lutland.

SO does each campaign have units that represent the correct timeline or essentially will all campaigns have the same units available (this does not account for the sub-mods units)?

Oh and Pdguru, your units are excellent! I'm just hoping that early campaigns have mostly units with bicorns and not shakos, but of course as you select later campaigns, shakos should be prominent.
    Last edited by Whaler99; March 28, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler99 View Post
    excellent launcher Lutland.

SO does each campaign have units that represent the correct timeline or essentially will all campaigns have the same units available (this does not account for the sub-mods units)?

Oh and Pdguru, your units are excellent! I'm just hoping that early campaigns have mostly units with bicorns and not shakos, but of course as you select later campaigns, shakos should be prominent.
    Good question

All campaigns will more or less have the same units except the 1796 campaign. A typical example would be Prussian Lützow units, which are not historical correct in the Revolutionary timeframe and therefore not available.

Each campaign will have most unit uniforms reworked, so as a general rule France will use Bicorns in 1805, UK stowpipe shako's, Austria helmets etc.

In 1796 all uniforms are reworked on a grand scale, and the results wouldn't have been that good without the permission by EB to use the RoW uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Good question

All campaigns will more or less have the same units except the 1796 campaign. A typical example would be Prussian Lützow units, which are not historical correct in the Revolutionary timeframe and therefore not available.

Each campaign will have most unit uniforms reworked, so as a general rule France will use Bicorns in 1805, UK stowpipe shako's, Austria helmets etc.

In 1796 all uniforms are reworked on a grand scale, and the results wouldn't have been that good without the permission by EB to use the RoW uniforms.
    Cant ask for anything better than that! Cant wait!

Will heavy cavalry be available from the beginning of the 1805 campaign? I always found it annoying in vanilla to have to 'research' heavy cavalry when historically they were already there at the beginning of the 19th century. Looks like a fantastic mod this. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!! PS I don't know if the developers of the Nap Emp Realism mod would be willing to share their naval battles with you but they have the best naval action around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast