Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LME3 Preview

Default Re: LME3 Preview#1

man this looks great, even your flag mod was perfect but now you realy show the tigers claws as they say in shogun 2tw.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Musa View Post
    1796 Campaign? Score!

Wonderful news, I'm going to have to clear out some gigs of room for this .

Question: Will the Hapsburgs possess Northern Italy? They owned most of the territory in that region IIRC, although I'm just pointing this out because it appears to be owned by another faction on the map.

Edit: Also, the flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain may be more appropriate than that of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

All the best, LME team .
    There are limited regions available in Northern Italy and the Piedmont region is belonging to Sardinia, N-Italy belongs to Duchy of Milan allied with The Habsburgs, and Venice is made playable and also allied with The Habsburgs.

Thank you for the GB flag reminder :-)

Cheers
    Asger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    There are limited regions available in Northern Italy and the Piedmont region is belonging to Sardinia, N-Italy belongs to Duchy of Milan allied with The Habsburgs, and Venice is made playable and also allied with The Habsburgs.

Thank you for the GB flag reminder :-)

Cheers
    Asger
    Hmm, alright well I trust your judgement there, but I'd just like to add that from my experience, this would make things very difficult for the French in Italy: Perhaps if Milan were to be a protectorate with an Austrian military garrison in support things would be more balanced, but having three pro-Austrian factions (yeah, difficult to avoid because that's how it was at the time) in Italy with unrestrained funds would risk making the conflict immovable: AI small factions just tend to blob their stacks in their capitals, and they usually have disproportionately large armies - this makes headway difficult for any major powers.

With AI funding and balance issues as they are, it's difficult to represent the small, 20k-strong army the Sardinians could field at the time, or to replicate the fact that Milan had no army of its own and Venice was terribly weak (IIRC their small army stayed in Venice itself while French armies had complete control of the country practically without a fight). Making N-Italy Austrian territory and Venice - as well as, possibly, Sardinia - protectorates of Austria might establish a more limited Austrian hegemony that would have them rely on their own forces to defend Italy, rather than legions of Italians holding off the French forever.

This brings me to another question: Will we be seeing French and Allied armies in their starting positions for the campaign of 1796? (Jourdan and Moreau in Germany, Bonaparte in Italy, Archduke Charles, French soldiers garrisoned throughout the country to maintain order etc.) My point risks demonstrating itself if we see one understrength French stack representing the Armée d'Italie being too weak to attack Italy (even though IRL Nappy's 40k strong force outnumbered the Sardinians two to one).

Hope this doesn't sound too pompous .

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I would suggest just making Milan an Austrian territory altogether. The alliances with the states there were close and Tuscany was a Habsburg domain.

Default Re: LME3 Preview#2

Wonderful work

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Stellar work as always my friend. As for additional effects mods i suggest the x-factor sound mod , and as for smoke and overall battlefield effect i am not sure if it is possible but the custom effects currently running in darth mod napoleon are without a doubt the best available. Not sure if Dartis is offering it for general use but if he is then it is certainly the way to go.

Truly epic. Those skins will fit in nicely, and the de-cluttering appears to have been done masterfully.

Bravo!

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Looks like its coming along swimmingly! Really can't wait to get my hands on it!

For smoke effects, I prefer "Whiff of Sulpher". As for sound effects, I usually go with 'X-Factor Sound Mod' or 'Better Sound FX, version 3'.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Very good!

V.E.

PS if possible add Pdguru's mods inside LME

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

"PS if possible add Pdguru's mods inside LME"

I LOVE his French Attack Column and his Reserve Cavarly Corp mods. Also a big fan of his 'Grouchy' mod. I use them with my current LME installation and couldn't imagine playing LME without them.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Of course, but have them inside LME is easier

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Well this is exaclty what I've been waiting for (era and units), your units look great, I'll be downloading this bad boy when she's done!

Great work!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Good job on the battle UI. I know from experience it's not as simple to do as it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Good job on the battle UI. I know from experience it's not as simple to do as it seems
    You're quite right, it requires a lot of patience and time ;-)

Thank you for the positive feedback guys :-)

So far I got permission to include Pdguru's units, and it will be as a submod so it get the attention it deserves!!!
    I also got permission to include Whiff of Sulphur and Ultimate Sound Mod as submods, the others await replies.

Cheers
    Iutland :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    Looks like its coming along swimmingly! Really can't wait to get my hands on it!

For smoke effects, I prefer "Whiff of Sulpher". As for sound effects, I usually go with 'X-Factor Sound Mod' or 'Better Sound FX, version 3'.

WoS gets my vote too
    May your Gods go with you.

agranel's Avatar Civis

Beautiful! Nice work, thanks!

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Am I dreaming or is this heaven? I know i say this alot, but still: AWESOME!!!

EDIT: 1 thing im worried: Missiles being overpowered, i think they should be similar with Napoleonic 3 TW, devastating at close range, but useless at distance.
    with current missile accuracy its impossible to go in melee, it is very difficult with Napoloenic 3 missiles, but still more realistic i think
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; March 19, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Decanus

Icon10 Re: LME3 Preview#2

I simply love you Iutland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is really great.
    Go on with your hard and excellent work +Rep

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast