Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LME3 Preview

Icon7 LME3 Preview

This is a preview of LME3 with added contents including screenshots. A list of all changes included in this update is at the bottom of this post.

Due to problems people are having playing the mod with manual user script activation, a custom LME mod launcher is included in LME3 onwards. The launcher has an intuitive and simple user interface that allows you to play any of the LME campaigns etc. with automated activation of selected submods.

LME now expands its timeframe into the French Revolutionary Wars period with a revolutionary campaign starting in 1796 and ending in 1802. When playing this campaign all the LME features you are used to are tailored to this period including: names/portraits, uniforms, flags, factions, diplomacy, text etc. Venice and Duchy of Milan are playable

Tech tree is expanded even further than before with a couple of interesting research options included

New Austrian helmet based on the work performed by Quad

Additional Swedish and Ottoman units.

New custom made Minimap is included

There were a request, with reference to the Masters of Europe (MoE) mod, to modify the in-game Battle UI and declutter the Army selection screen when playing a battle. I am glad to say that (after some hours of concentrated work and frustrations) the request has materialized as is evident by the screenies below (thanks to alpaca for his ui-xml converter).

This feature will be available to all other modders as well "free of charge" once LME3 is released.

I'm grateful that EB999 allowed me to use the Revolutionary uniforms from RoW and the Prussian and British uniforms are now included in the 1796 campaign. See screenshots below.

Besides that LME3 is on schedule and planned to be released in the Easter timeframe.

New LME Smoke effects where the smoke drifts by the wind. The smoke effects are still in development and this is just the first addition:

Increased +/- Zoom limits introduced in each campaign:

New Battle UI layout:

British uniforms 1796:

Prussian uniforms 1796:

LME mod launcher (preliminary layout)

LME revolutionary campaign

New Austrian helmet

Expanded Technology Tree

Reworked 1815 campaign (LME 3.1 onwards)
    Serbia (represented by Romania), Greece, Norway, Courland, Hannover and Kingdom of France (represented by Brittany) playable.

The campaign is completely reworked from scratch (in relation to the old 1815 campaign and now CTD free) and span the timeframe from 1815 to 1825. The campaign begins with Napoléons return to France from Elba and he will have a hard time surrounded by enemies. Furthermore it includes new factions that emerged in the beginning of the 19th century, maybe not 100% historical correct but included anyway! The Kingdom of France ruled by Louis XVIII is represented by the faction of Brittany (corrected name, flags etc.) and shall try to regain power with help from the European allies.

New features:
    An intuitive and easy to use mod selector/launcher is available.
    A French Revolutionary campaign is included. Campaign starts in 1796 and ends in late 1802 and uniforms changed to match the 1796-1803 time span.
    Pdguru's customized French units included as submod and tailored to LME.
    L'aigle and Pdguru's Greatcoat uniform-switch included
    MAUM included as submod.
    Whiff of Sulphur included as submod.
    Battlefield Smoke Mod included as submod.
    X-factor sound mod included as submod.
    Ultimate Sound Mod included as submod.
    Larger Armies (increased unit limits) included as submod
    New Swedish units available in Finland.
    Additional Ottoman units included.
    French Foreign units available in Rheinbund countries.
    Prussian Shako's from mattebubben included.
    Austrian helmets from quad/mattebubben included and retextured by iutland.
    New customized campaign minimap included.
    New land and naval battle UI layout included.
    Many new technologies added including the possibility to influence religion in your regions.
    Zoom limits increased on campaign map. Zoom further in and out than before.
    Customized land battle smoke and blood effects included in basic LME (not WoS or BSM).
    UAI CAI included as default with vanilla difficulty setting.
    Uniforms are updated to match early, mid or late war period. Example: French infantry uses bicorns and bearskin in 1805 and shako's later on.
    Battlefield buildings more shot resistant than previously.
    Campaign and Battle flags updated.
    French, German and Spanish text packs included (based on latest UPC).
    New battle advisor images.
    UI images updated.
    Additional English text packs included to match each LME campaign.
    A few reworked campaign map models.
    Unit info images updated.
    LME version added on main menu front page.
    Campaign borders invisible now.

Corrections:
    British Grenadiers uses shako's now.
    French uniform textures corrected (no more artifacts).
    French Old Guard Grenadiers equipped with summer uniforms.
    Spanish unit text and uniforms corrected.
    A few other corrections.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: LME3 Preview#1

Well you guys are probably going to do the French Revolution definately better than I ever will. Good luck.

If you need any resources from ROW/Surrection, just ask. The British, Prussians, Russians, Austrians and French (on both sides) are done.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Well you guys are probably going to do the French Revolution definately better than I ever will. Good luck.

If you need any resources from ROW/Surrection, just ask. The British, Prussians, Russians, Austrians and French (on both sides) are done.
    Thanks for the offer I will remember it. The 1796 campaign is already 100% complete though

Cheers
    iutland

Very good news of a great mod!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +REP IUTLAND!!

V.E.

EDIT
    Could you ask Pdguru for his great units? Because some of they are only in dmn now
    Last edited by VENNONETES; February 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Foederatus

Very nice!

1796 campaign! Hell yeah! Great job Iutland

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

WOW looks awesome
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Really excited about LME3, but...

"a custom LME mod launcher is included in LME3 onwards." Ugh... I detest launchers. I much prefer manual user script activation.

Won't keep me from enjoying LME3, though!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

A wonderful preview and news of some truly exciting features.Great to see you so proactive with this phenomenal project

LME 2 is great and LME 3 will be better!

Very enjoyable. And quite surprisingly, the lack of a launcher is what made LME the first mod to actually work for me. For some obscure reason, the launchers in NTF and DMN (looked like the same utility customized for both of them) would never apply any changes to my user.script. Thanks to some ETW modding experience I at least could launch LME the old-fashioned way.

It's still buggy - just land battles though -they may end three ways: If some mod-introduced unit is in the game - CTD during loading (about 30% through the bar). second - the battle does load, but all uniforms are bleached and it will crash before the battle is over, but not before you actually start enjoying its course. Third - if no unusual units are present and the engagement is small-scale and brief, there's a good chance it'll run normally.

I sometimes wish I could disable everything : portraits, loading screens, AUM units, techtree (I just love ironclads q_q) Except the new campaigns. Favorite scenario's playing as the Poles from 1807 onwards, but unfortunately, the esf files also contain the new units and erasing all the related entries from the file would be quite tiresome.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

I also hope that the french army will have historically accurate uniforms from 1805 to 1807, which means no shakos for the french army until circa 1807.

Thanks guys, makes it worthwhile to spend my time upgrading the mod

To answer the two questions:

1. The launcher UI has two specific buttons for those who prefer a manual execution of the mod: "Edit User Script" opens the current (last saved) user.script.txt file for editing and saving. Then the "NTW with current script" button launches NTW with last saved user,script.txt file. In other words the game launcher is both for advanced and basic use
    2. France will have 1805 uniforms (Bicorn) in 1805 campaign and Bearskin's replaced by Shako (early and late) for UK Gren/Elite. All this uniform modding takes forever but the results are usually visually pleasing

Modding continues when I'm back from the US by the end of the week
    /iutland

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Viva iutland!

Pavle_M's Avatar Laetus

Really great news... I am playing LME for some time now & it was a reason for me to return to Napoleon TW. Best of luck

Hi Lutland and LME Team,
    thx alot for this amazing mod and i appreciate your work verry much. Its the only mod for NTW that iam playing.

I did some changes and using some mod packs as well to make it more playabel in my style of history.
    I play with units changes to reflect history. a Unit is a batalion and between 480 to 840 men per unit (line Inf),
    for skirmisher(160 meter range) iam using a company unit size its aprox 130-150 men.And dont think they are not usefull against a battalion of line inf, they are verry usefull liek they are in real history, also with small groups of skirmishers. Same changes to the most light Infantry with shooting range of 130m. Some are palyable in batalion size, but then the are verry limited.
    Cavalry are eskadrons and have 140-160 men per unit.
    Artillery are not changed and reflect a battery. Only thing i changed was accuracy. Cause the Howitzer damage is to much and i change the accuracy to 22-26 and the load time to 35. Cause in history the howitzers are not so fast to shot like canons. And they are verry verry unprecise. And i changed the artillery canons between 40 and 60(for the guards arty etc...) for accuracy. Cause overall the arty was between 25 to 70% hit accuracy in history. depends on target, wether, canon, team etc...
    And never forget, during the game the accuracy will improve!

All in all nice changes for me to play and i find it very history like. And when 10k or 20k armies fight in some batallion style its total amazing to watch! If u see some after all that smoke Its for me like cinema....

Other mods what i have included are:
    - xfactor sound mod
    -bullethits mod
    -wos or Eic smoke mod
    -reitar music mod
    -NTF
    -brigs drum & bugle
    -austrots
    -sappers mod
    -georider
    -bart
    -scarlet dawn
    -ottoman mod
    -DMN batavian units
    -tight formations
    -tightfire
    -singing marching songs mod
    -fxaa injector
    -grassmod

thats my mods what iam using currently with lme 2.1 and aum.

And i realy like lme for all this, that i can use all this stuff to make my game like i prefer to play it.
    Thanks alot for u and your team lutland !!!
    Hope that lme 3 will kick my ass too

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chamba View Post
    -DMN batavian units
    These are Sacrebleu's units http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10255173

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Chamba View Post
    Hi Lutland and LME Team,
    thx alot for this amazing mod and i appreciate your work verry much. Its the only mod for NTW that iam playing.

I did some changes and using some mod packs as well to make it more playabel in my style of history.
    I play with units changes to reflect history. a Unit is a batalion and between 480 to 840 men per unit (line Inf),
    for skirmisher(160 meter range) iam using a company unit size its aprox 130-150 men.And dont think they are not usefull against a battalion of line inf, they are verry usefull liek they are in real history, also with small groups of skirmishers. Same changes to the most light Infantry with shooting range of 130m. Some are palyable in batalion size, but then the are verry limited.
    Cavalry are eskadrons and have 140-160 men per unit.
    Artillery are not changed and reflect a battery. Only thing i changed was accuracy. Cause the Howitzer damage is to much and i change the accuracy to 22-26 and the load time to 35. Cause in history the howitzers are not so fast to shot like canons. And they are verry verry unprecise. And i changed the artillery canons between 40 and 60(for the guards arty etc...) for accuracy. Cause overall the arty was between 25 to 70% hit accuracy in history. depends on target, wether, canon, team etc...
    And never forget, during the game the accuracy will improve!

All in all nice changes for me to play and i find it very history like. And when 10k or 20k armies fight in some batallion style its total amazing to watch! If u see some after all that smoke Its for me like cinema....

Other mods what i have included are:
    - xfactor sound mod
    -bullethits mod
    -wos or Eic smoke mod
    -reitar music mod
    -NTF
    -brigs drum & bugle
    -austrots
    -sappers mod
    -georider
    -bart
    -scarlet dawn
    -ottoman mod
    -DMN batavian units
    -tight formations
    -tightfire
    -singing marching songs mod
    -fxaa injector
    -grassmod

thats my mods what iam using currently with lme 2.1 and aum.

And i realy like lme for all this, that i can use all this stuff to make my game like i prefer to play it.
    Thanks alot for u and your team lutland !!!
    Hope that lme 3 will kick my ass too
    Hi Chamba

I'm glad you appreciate the work put into this mod :-)

Thank you for sharing your experiences, interesting results.

A long list of mods played along with LME, anyone else using the same mods?

Cheers
    iutland :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1796 Campaign? Score!

Wonderful news, I'm going to have to clear out some gigs of room for this .

Question: Will the Hapsburgs possess Northern Italy? They owned most of the territory in that region IIRC, although I'm just pointing this out because it appears to be owned by another faction on the map.

Edit: Also, the flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain may be more appropriate than that of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

All the best, LME team .
    Last edited by Inkie; March 02, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast