Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Beta Released:

Default Re: RS2.5 Beta Released:

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidj View Post
    I haven't install the 2.5beta yet, I do have a question. I read the introduce and I do not understand the 0-turn campaigns and 1-turn campaigns regarding to the new factions. "Bithynia, Syracuse, Bosporan (0-turn campaigns), and the Massalian Republic (1-turn campaign)"
    If you choose Massalia as your faction in the launcher you will play a 1-turn-camapaign as there is no 0-turn-camapign for them.

So, Massalia, Galatia, Capua -> only 1-turn
    Bithynia, Syracuse, Bosporan -> only 0-turn

Miles

MIght ask dumb, but do i need the RS2.0 before i install RS2.5?
    It isnt clear in the text...

So excited, this is amazing work! Thank you so much mod team

@ThaDoews: yes install 2.0 but no need to patch it as 2.5 installs with all of the patches
    There was never a better friend, or a worse enemy - Sulla

RS II AAR- The Tales of Julius O'Ceasar and the Leprechaun Legion
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...16#post8268816

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    MIght ask dumb, but do i need the RS2.0 before i install RS2.5?
    It isnt clear in the text...
    Yes, or a clean 2.1a (that is no personal modifications or submods.

@the lion den Either you direct the installer to your rs2 folder or you install lit somewhere else and copy/paste the files to your install.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Alright, I have a very slow connection here(256kbps), So, I can't open the 'gamefront.com' site, it just never loads up for me, like other different 'big' sites, the 'depostifiles.com' worked for me last time when i d/led 2.5, but the setup file was corrupted, cause it stopped during the installation process. So I wanted to d/l it again. But it's not working for me this time. Please help me. I really need this mod. Torrent or anything, all support would be appreciated. By the way, nice job guys.

EDIT: It's alright guys, I got it from depositfiles.com, will take 3 hours for me. Just used internet Explorer(was using Chrome). Will let you all know If it's corrupted again.
    Last edited by MemphisRex; March 19, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

People who played the patch please tell me did the 0-turm campaigns improved? I mean is it no more stack spamming each turn by the AI?

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I like to play as Rome - I take it with the inclusion of the Capuan faction there is no more first Roman rebellion/Socii war?
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    People who played the patch please tell me did the 0-turm campaigns improved? I mean is it no more stack spamming each turn by the AI?
    Play 1-turn. If you can stack-spam, then surely it's only fair that the AI does too!

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post
    I like to play as Rome - I take it with the inclusion of the Capuan faction there is no more first Roman rebellion/Socii war?
    No, if you play as Rome then there will be a rebellion. If you play as Capua you are the rebellion!

how do i know if i installed 2.5 correctly ? launcher says its version 2.2B , any ingame things i can check to see if i have 2.5 and not 2.0 ?

and holy crap i got 10 fps with high detailed units and vegetation in the first battle with hannibal ???

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidj View Post
    I haven't install the 2.5beta yet, I do have a question. I read the introduce and I do not understand the 0-turn campaigns and 1-turn campaigns regarding to the new factions. "Bithynia, Syracuse, Bosporan (0-turn campaigns), and the Massalian Republic (1-turn campaign)"
    Some of the new faction campaigns were made 1-turn by team member request. Others remained one turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    No, if you play as Rome then there will be a rebellion. If you play as Capua you are the rebellion!
    LOL. Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
    how do i know if i installed 2.5 correctly ? launcher says its version 2.2B , any ingame things i can check to see if i have 2.5 and not 2.0 ?

and holy crap i got 10 fps with high detailed units and vegetation in the first battle with hannibal ???
    If you get the new Launcher (version 2.2B), you installed it correctly. The biggest indicator for ANYONE that the mod was installed write is if you were asked to overwrite files.
    If you were NOT asked to do this, you installed it in the wrong place.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Wow! Massive work on the 2.5! Thank You Roma Surrectum developer team!

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Some of the new faction campaigns were made 1-turn by team member request. Others remained one turn.
    Would be great if there were only 1-turn and one turn factions.

rikibitta's Avatar Foederatus

Congratulations to the great Roma Surrectum team for the new release
    and thanks for your hard work as ever.
    Chapeux!

ps: I see that the new laucher works perfectly with old saves
    from other sub-mod like my beloved FGE

Laetus

I don't know if its just me but the roman war ships has both the make over version(new one) and the old one on top of each other, now it looks like a very long boat

I love being the rebellion
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Well, that is really awesome -the very moment I decide to go again on my campaign, thinking I'd still have ages to complete my campaign, and just at the moment when the great rebellion shows up, you release this new content. Actually, that's the second time you break me in the middle of my game and force me to redo everything from the very beginning.

But I accept your apologizes -for I'm magnanimous. AND BECAUSE THIS IS THE MOST GODDAMN INCREDIBLE THING EVER ! Amazing job dudes. RTW had never been so cool.

I'm looking forward the final version of this 2.5 release though. Don't want to begin a new campaign and then being confronted to a bunch of inconvenient bugs. It seems bugs love me, therefore, I'd like not to take too much risks.

EDIT : Though I will obviously not profite of most of the new features, will graphical improvements on buildings and cities be save game compatible ?

I guess that textures and generic cities should be okay. I doubt that custom settlements would appear, however.
    Last edited by Marcus Ulpius Nerva Trajanus; March 19, 2012 at 03:08 PM.

am i the only one who gets 10 fps on highest gfx settings with no AA and a ati 6970 ? i remember having something buffy and lowered a gfx detail in medieval 2 jumping the fps back to 30 and then i could change the detail back to high , but doesnt seem to work in rome.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I've got a 5970 and it runs smooth as silk on max.

campaign map i get 60-30 ish, hannibal first battle, 7-9 ish