Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Beta Released:

Default Re: RS2.5 Beta Released:

OH GOD THE RS2 LAUNCHER WORKS *PROPERLY* WITH STEAM NOW!
    Goodbye "set steam game launch commands, then be forced to always start the game from within your game library via a right click to get it to launch BI.exe"
    Hello launcher ease of use. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    OH GOD THE RS2 LAUNCHER WORKS *PROPERLY* WITH STEAM NOW!
    Goodbye "set steam game launch commands, then be forced to always start the game from within your game library via a right click to get it to launch BI.exe"
    Hello launcher ease of use. <3
    At last!
    Last edited by Paedric; March 18, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

"we shali roll tonight, to the wolf bite!" Starting a Dacian campaign at once!

Magnus Stephanus Sanctus Defensor Europae

Hey guys, thanks alot for releasing this, been waiting a while since I finished my last campaign, hopefully it will be worth it! Just one quick question though, if/when the "proper" 2.5 is released, will it be Save-game compatible? I'm assuming it will, but I just thought I'd check here anyway.

Thanks again!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Dear developers, dvk901 and the whole RS team,

thank you for this amazing game!!!
    Few years ago met one of the RS' earliest version and allways followed i'ts evolution, every time when a new version was released I was very excited, and I am too, again. This is a masterpiece.
    Congratulation!!!!!!!!

ferike_2007

Many thanks for all your work gentlemen..

Domesticus

Is the final version of the patch gonna have these requirements aswell?

I have RTW on my 2 drives and yet it doesn't ask me to overwrite anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Blue View Post
    Hey guys, thanks alot for releasing this, been waiting a while since I finished my last campaign, hopefully it will be worth it! Just one quick question though, if/when the "proper" 2.5 is released, will it be Save-game compatible? I'm assuming it will, but I just thought I'd check here anyway.

Thanks again!
    I believe there will be no "proper" 2.5, and that the next version is going to be 2.6. It's called beta because there's probably going to be a lot of minor bug, or things that could be more balanced, but it's a patch, and not some unstable nightly release.
    The problem with traits is that just moving/changing one in the file mess the whole thing. It's not unplayable per se, but you're ending up with a broken trait system if you try to use an old savegame.
    It might be that no such change is needed, but it is doubtful.
    Patron of ybbon66.

im sorry first feel like an idiot for asking a question like this but i literally just installed 2.1a yesterday and havent really started a campaign yet so, is this a official release, i know it says beta but will there be a official 2.5 or is this it and next patch will be 2.6 or 3.0 whatever u guys decide....dont wanna start a campaign yet if a new version just released ya know

salsahavok's Avatar Foederatus

What a fantastic mod!!!!

How do you give rep?

and one question...

it will be amazing if that was the case but

Can the Capuan faction get the marius reforms and get the numbered legions in the capuan campaign?

and DVK and Tone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaceCC View Post
    im sorry first feel like an idiot for asking a question like this but i literally just installed 2.1a yesterday and havent really started a campaign yet so, is this a official release, i know it says beta but will there be a official 2.5 or is this it and next patch will be 2.6 or 3.0 whatever u guys decide....dont wanna start a campaign yet if a new version just released ya know

Unless there is a gamestopper bug that needs to be immediately patched, I doubt the next version will be released in less than a couple of month.
    You can consider this the new version, the beta name is just to say that there is going to be some minor bugs.
    Patron of ybbon66.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The ONLY reason we are calling this a 'beta' is because we have had a hard time getting people to test long campaigns so we can see the overall results of what we've done. There have been a couple people who have tested hard and found some things that needed attention, but by no means are we asking people to test something that will CTD a lot or have major flaws. (I hope. ) My expectations are that the next patch will be for a lot of minor adjustments to balance.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Downloaded and installed it within 15 min. Great job to everyone who has worked so hard on this. As far as im concerned this achievement should not go unnoticed by tw game developers

Edit: I see that Hannibal has the "Strategos" trait. Is this done on purpose? To me it seems strange that Carthago had those titles?
    Last edited by Lt.Speirs; March 18, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Congratulations to the team behind this masterpiece

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Wow, took about 10 minutes.
    Again I praise you all.

But if I get this message shall I do as it recommends:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

?

Just hit "this program installed correctly" (it's basically the "go away, dont bother me, dont do anything" option)
    It's just a dumb windows thing that gets confused if a .exe doesnt add specific registry entries or whatnot.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    Downloaded and installed it within 15 min. Great job to everyone who has worked so hard on this. As far as im concerned this achievement should not go unnoticed by tw game developers

Edit: I see that Hannibal has the "Strategos" trait. Is this done on purpose? To me it seems strange that Carthago had those titles?
    Evidence suggests that by this time Carthage was using Greek military advisors to train their military, and that they were using the Greek military rank structure.
    In fact, my own research into Carthage, where evidence is very scarce because the Romans basically eradicated them, found that Carthage was more 'Greek' in nature because of their economic dealings and their exposure to the Greeks than they were Phoenician.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazingly done !!! Especially the fortress apart from everything else of course, amazed me!

Is that a patch though or standalone?
    Rep to the team that made the best ,in my opinion, modification ever for Rtw
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Just hit "this program installed correctly" (it's basically the "go away, dont bother me, dont do anything" option)
    It's just a dumb windows thing that gets confused if a .exe doesnt add specific registry entries or whatnot.
    Ah okay. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Evidence suggests that by this time Carthage was using Greek military advisors to train their military, and that they were using the Greek military rank structure.
    In fact, my own research into Carthage, where evidence is very scarce because the Romans basically eradicated them, found that Carthage was more 'Greek' in nature because of their economic dealings and their exposure to the Greeks than they were Phoenician.
    Ah I see. Nothing wrong with the way I installed it. Thanks for the quick reply (and for this incredibly awesome mod)