Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Beta Released:

Default Re: RS2.5 Beta Released:

Good.

@Ferdiad I am the one that started in french.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Didn't see it, still applies though.

A typo on the Mercatores - Distributor trait: +20 Trade.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Thank you. Fixed.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I dun know whether is my pc or wedsite but when i want download at the gamefront.com (bcau depositfiles.com cant be display by browser) it pop put the page said (Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem)
    So dvk team HELP!!!!
    Last edited by Lycaner; March 28, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
    All warfare is based on deception -- Sun Tzu

Don't use IE.
    Problem fixed.

Thk bro......u r a live saver.
    By the way does IE have gauges with gamefront ?
    All warfare is based on deception -- Sun Tzu

Use Firefox or chrome, they're much better. Also I have no idea what your asking me.

How long will the Beta test last?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Use Firefox or chrome, they're much better. Also I have no idea what your asking me.
    Firefox, Chrome and Maxthon.

Those are the best browsers. (In my opinion).

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gabius View Post
    How long will the Beta test last?
    Until I'm satisfied that RS2 is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by huggeyface View Post

Also Opera. I have used it for years, and I love it.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by huggeyface View Post

Wtf is Maxthon.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

dont forget the CIMBRI campaign CTD...

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    dont forget the CIMBRI campaign CTD...
    Some details please. What year, if you have any of the graphs from just before the CTD that would be good too.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

When the faction leader becomes sole ruler is his title still "Imperator Caesar" ?
    Just wondering.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

I'm gonna download this right after RTW finishes, I'm glad to see that this mod is still getting updated. Definitely my favourite total war mod to date!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

A typo on the Social Contacts Trait: +1Management, +1Influence

Patrician

Fixed.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Amazing job guys, I'm really liking this new and improved RS! Major praise and two minor questions follow.

Praise: I gave Capua a shot and boy was that a nail-biting experience. The first few turns I was fighting for dear life against a legion after legion trying to grind my ever diminishing forces into dust. Retraining was not an option as the coffers were in the negative tens of thousands up to the point of my minor question below. The battles themselves were damn hard! No idea how you guys did this but the damn AI kept pulling its legions back in perfect order and bid its time well!!! In all battles I had to muster enough courage and charge those damn pila-throwing monsters to the result of unheard of casualties! Finally I have to think twice before attacking It goes without saying that I cannot give you enough rep for this!

Question 1: After staggering losses I finally managed to push them Romans back and besieged Rome but no garrison triggered? Same for Tarrentium (sp) down in the south. Is this working as intended?

Question 2: Is there a way to stop Hannibal from sailing obliviously into the setting Sun on a whimpy excuse of a ship when the seas around are teeming with armed to the teeth Roman Navy? I've no idea how he made it to Corsica but this suspiciously smelled like terrible luck. I'll try it a few more times and see if he survives the trip more than once.

Minor suggestion for the Capua campaign: it could be a good idea to make it even harder and put a rebel garrison in Cannae too. As it is it is just a free lunch.

Again, giant +rep!

edit:

This reminds me of something I've been contemplating for some time, regarding the battle AI. I found that the single most annoying/difficult thing in both RTW and MTW is attacking a cohesive army. If it was discussed/addressed 1000 times before, please accept my apologies. So was/can/will something like this be done (forgive my primitive syntax) for the purpose of making battles harder:

if (AI = defender) then

main infantry = pull the hell away from player, double time
    main infantry = (go to higher ground) or (go to opposite side of map)
    main infantry = on completing maneuver stay put for gods' sake!
    foot skirmishers = (do not move) and (loose formation) ; to cover the retreat
    horse skirmishers and/or light cavalry = (do not move) ; to cover both the retreat and the skirmishers
    printscreen = 'Bite me!'

end
    Last edited by Yeepeep; March 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
    [CW] Zero Kelvin [in progress]
    [MTW2 SS] Weder heilig noch Römisch [on a ridiculously long hiatus]
    [RTW RS] My dearest Clymene [a single-chapter commemoration]
    [RTW RS] The enemy of my enemy [suspended]
    [MTW2 SS] Snakes in the sands [suspended]
    [MTW2 SS] Omnes viae Romam ducunt [suspended]

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Yeepeep View Post
    Amazing job guys, I'm really liking this new and improved RS! Major praise and two minor questions follow.

Praise: I gave Capua a shot and boy was that a nail-biting experience. The first few turns I was fighting for dear life against a legion after legion trying to grind my ever diminishing forces into dust. Retraining was not an option as the coffers were in the negative tens of thousands up to the point of my minor question below. The battles themselves were damn hard! No idea how you guys did this but the damn AI kept pulling its legions back in perfect order and bid its time well!!! In all battles I had to muster enough courage and charge those damn pila-throwing monsters to the result of unheard of casualties! Finally I have to think twice before attacking It goes without saying that I cannot give you enough rep for this!

Question 1: After staggering losses I finally managed to push them Romans back and besieged Rome but no garrison triggered? Same for Tarrentium (sp) down in the south. Is this working as intended?

Question 2: Is there a way to stop Hannibal from sailing obliviously into the setting Sun on a whimpy excuse of a ship when the seas around are teeming with armed to the teeth Roman Navy? I've no idea how he made it to Corsica but this suspiciously smelled like terrible luck. I'll try it a few more times and see if he survives the trip more than once.

Minor suggestion for the Capua campaign: it could be a good idea to make it even harder and put a rebel garrison in Cannae too. As it is it is just a free lunch.

Again, giant +rep!

edit:

This reminds me of something I've been contemplating for some time, regarding the battle AI. I found that the single most annoying/difficult thing in both RTW and MTW is attacking a cohesive army. If it was discussed/addressed 1000 times before, please accept my apologies. So was/can/will something like this be done (forgive my primitive syntax) for the purpose of making battles harder:

if (AI = defender) then

main infantry = pull the hell away from player, double time
    main infantry = (go to higher ground) or (go to opposite side of map)
    main infantry = on completing maneuver stay put for gods' sake!
    foot skirmishers = (do not move) and (loose formation) ; to cover the retreat
    horse skirmishers and/or light cavalry = (do not move) ; to cover both the retreat and the skirmishers
    printscreen = 'Bite me!'

end
    Well, like I mentioned somewhere else, the Capuan campaign was a 'why not' brainchild of mine. Since there was a long standing Capuan rebellion in the Roman campaign, why not a campaign to actually BE the rebels just for grins? Besides, major change of history if Capua had won.

That aside, it would be nice if the AI armies were as configurable as you mention above, but unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do to make them more intelligent.
    I personally enjoy using Sinuhet's 'Pure' AI formations because I think the AI is a bit smarter using them that others. But that's just my opinion.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father