Thread: [Mount and Blade WB] The Black Wing

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [Mount and Blade WB] The Black Wing

Chapter the First
    Fists to the face, hurt significantly less then Boots to the head.

Fate is the darker side of Destiny
    Shady Geoff

I awoke to the sound of nature this morn. Well I assumed it was nature. In truth it was Kit imagineing he was having his way with that heavily endowed bar 'thing' from the night before. Even as I write this he writhes and slavers. It would be mean to say that he's more of an idiot then first meets the eye. But I know that he's just got an appetite that would choke a small goat.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And thus our adventures Thomas Braidwaith Canning, Kit Verr and the appropriately named Shady Geoff. Three less then upstanding members of the community of Ulburban have decided in their perhaps finite wisdom that creating a Mercenary company to join the many that roam the lands of Calradia is a brilliant idea. Ill timed perhaps, but whilst their ambitions are high and their talent questionnable they lack the three basic things any mercenary company requires. Money, Ability and Common Sense.

It was not long before our very first quest was assigned! Our Leader, Tryce was in tears as once he heard news. Crying out to the very devines themselves that we were now mercenaries. In all honesty I think that what ever trauma awaits us in the South must be a true dire evil indeed. For he insisted we make full haste with very little information. Just that it lay in the coastal region of Udiniad. Strangely enough he didn't give us a return date...Every company that has been given a chore has time to return. Yet we had all the time in the world. He wouldn't even let us have a leaving party. ONWARDS. TO GLORY.

Our adventurers make quick haste. Nursing near fatal hangovers, sleep deprivation and lack of booty they march through the snows of their land. Proud warriors.

After two full days on the road. I'm surprised that we are all still alive. We ran out of food on the first night. We should have picked up supplies BEFORE we left. But it doesn't matter now. I'm still nursing a sore eye from when I tried to have my share of the half a loaf we remembered to pack. Shady Geoff is a bastard amoung many. Still, the walls of Curaw are in sight. I will finally be able to eat and sleep. I'm already sick of slogging through the snow. Everything is damp. Still Kit and Geoff seem in good spirits but I think thats because they are less hungry then me.

Curaw. A city noted for it's crime issues.

Everything costs too ing much. Even just a piece of cheese and some bread that Kit bought with all the savings we had the second he walked into the market was barely a mouthful. Much as my hatred for Kit has increased with his ability to simply melt through what money we ever have I fear my life is in peril. So I decided that I was going to earn some money like the man I am. The Arena!

For once Canning is indeed correct. For a small group of village boys, the price of the big cities is oft too much for them to comprehend. However his choice to earn some honest money is a sign of maturity. Or desperation...

Any excuse to get shirtless. As Tom Canning entered the Arena, his breath fogging gently and discreetly in the Wintery air. he spies his first two victims. A third just to the left. Breaking into a sprint he closes the gap. However once he arrives to the conflict. All but one have been knocked unconscious. Throwing a powerful headbutt he sends his first foe sprawling to the ground.

However despite his show of strength not earning a single cheer he is beset by two foe's from his right and his left. Desperatly fending off blows raining on him he is soon struck down by a mighty kidney blow. Unable to move his face is smacked with the flat side of a wooden sword until he cannot retain a state of awareness.

[This page appears to have several furious scribbles and drops of blood all over it. Perhaps the authour is too overly emotional to comment]

As his hunger reaches a point where complaints just won't make it feel any better Tom and his Company[Yet to be named] approach the Guild Master of Curaw. The Guild Master is where the majority of up and coming Mercenaries find work and a name for themselves. It is here that the Triad will make their first strike apon then world. As news of a series of muggings and street brawls Canning leaps at the chance. Still annoyed at his crippling defeat in the Arena he leaps right in.

Leaning back to avoid the first right hook as it darts through the air like an arrow. Breathing out and raising his arms to avoid a headbutt from the man. Tom feels re-assured that he is control of this fight. Feeling an impact strike his kidneys and almost knocking him out for the second time in half as many days Tom turns around to see a second man. Outnumbered and suddenly feeling very afraid Canning prepares to fight for his life.

It's clear that his lack of proper fighting has put Tom at a distinct disadvantage. A stinging blow to his left temple add's to his pain.

Finally seeing a gap and flinging a desperate left hook at the original attacker his attempt is effortlessly blocked as the blinding pain in his temple is throwing his concentration off. As he follows through with an uppercut his target is already rushing to the side and into a perfect flanking move.

As he twists to try and continue the fight another impact just below his right left knee prevents his timely escape. With all aveune's of escape and victory now being cut off. It's now a fight for his very life. Limping so that his back is close to a wall Tom takes a defensive position. To mirror the more experienced fighter in the red. What Tom was not privy to. Is that a quick snap from the defensive left hand; into his nose. Pushing his head back into the wall he was using to defend himself would steal what was left of his consciousness. A last fleeting vision is of the pair comparing bicep sizes.

Everything hurts. My face the most.

As news of the fabled up and coming mercenary company meeting it's bitter end to the hands of two drunkards the Guild Master of Curaw is quick to let the Trio know his views on failure.

NEXT TIME

The Black Wing head further South to uncover this unknown quest they have been Assigned.

Kit gets drunk

And an Ambush, of most unsexy proportions.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Mount and Blade WB] The Black Wing

I like it. But srlsy. Use the spell-check.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I like it. But srlsy. Use the spell-check.
    Hmmm I think maybe the author might not have English as a primary language? Perhaps they are using google translate. When I translate using that sometimes the sentences look like some of these in this AAR. Regardless I still like it! But I agree on the spelling issue. I have always been interested in this game so will see what this AAR does to make me play it.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Chapter the Second
    Glamour is the best part of Valour

I would totally do her. If she had all her facial features.
    Kit

Character Profile

Pierrot aka 'The Narrator'

Pierrot is a man whom uncovered the Black Wing Mercenary Company to its inception. Combining both a near firsthand experience and near continual theft of Tom Canning's diary [Pierrot; It has a unicorn on the cover!] he has managed to commit the entire ongoing saga to his memory.

A man of flair, over dramatisation and a wit that can match many a bard in any royal court Pierrot is an enigma. No one truly knows where he came from, nor his goal. But in his recently published. The Complete Extended Misadventures of Mercenary Idiots; The Black Wing Calamity Volume XXXVIII it's clear that his love for the Black Wing Company, far from altruistic is a true one nonetheless.

We left one of our adventurers feeling bruised, battered and embarrassed as he got what little common sense he had left kicked out of him twice. We rejoin the quest to discover what Tryce's Quest actually entailed.

My face still hurts. I can't even eat properly. We ran out of food again. So it's not like i'm missing out.

Our hero's have travelled for a long four days. For the first time in their lives they have made it to the southernmost border of the Snow belt. A rare sight for our adventurers indeed. A day or two as the raven flies lays the town of Udiniad near Bulugha Castle.

We hadn't even reached sight of the town itself when Shady Geoff caught a hint of smoke in the air. For once we acted like a true company! We crested a hill and spied a camp of well over our number. A loose count was over 20. I'm starting to think that this quest was an attempt to actually kill us. Reminder; Stab Tryce in the back if I ever survive this.

The true nature of the enigmatic quest. To Kill Canning. Oh and apparently rescue a Millers Wife. Tryce failed to mention that Ulburban doesn't actually have a miller.

Ignoring his fellow company member's demands that they charge in swords drawn Tom tries his hand at the subtle art of Diplomacy. Not very subtly

Unfortunately, these are no mere bandits. They are another group of Mercenaries hired for the sole purpose of robbing The Black Wing blind, or killing them. I really need to share notes with Tryce. He's a man akin to myself. With a price of a mere 500 Denars they end negotiations.

500 Denars. We barely have enough money to feed ourselves, let alone raise anymore to rescue some broad. Shady Geoff 'revealed' that he had been stashing a handful of gold that he stole from someone while I was being beaten up in Curaw. But thats not even a tenth of what we need.

So with money once again being the forethought of the Black Wing they enter Udiniad, which is clearly run down and has very little of the stuff. Perhaps some easier work could be found!

Broadbeamed...Maybe I can get her to marry me she seems nice enough.

Ah the pursuit of love, and the interference it always received. I fell in love once. No doubt the Irony of the scheme set in place by Tryce has failed to manifest to our Hero's. When I first heard about this I was much amused.

Three hard walking hunger filled days later and the Triad find themselves on the outskirts of the captial of Vaegir. The land to which the Black Wing Company hails from. The City of Light according to some. I only know one good Brothel within it's walls. Hardly inspiring.

As always a brief visit to a new town and the first thing one does is secure more work. When I asked Tom about this paticular experience he always refused to answer. I asked Kit instead. I soon had the truth.

Late last night we were entrusted to another quest. To hunt down some troublemakers. I happily accepted this task. However having intercepted one of these groups I can see that perhaps once again I have been too trusting. Infront of us, now bearing down is a company of well armoured and even better armed men and women. Even Kit seems concerned. I always assumed that battle was meant to be fair...

As Kit explained the trio's heroic charge into this battle he drunkenly made it clear that the three of them possessed the abilities of the gods themselves. He himself took the lead, knowing that only his valour could bring victory this day.

However it didn't take long before the woman on the horse to make herself known. Kit recounted that Shady Geoff tried to leap onto the horse and stab the woman. However against metallic armour his knife snapped. His face was smashed against her helmet and as he fell to the floor a single swipe apon his left shoulder was smote. Needless to say he didn't move again until much later on.

His tale of heroism continues as he maintains that he stood down the majority of the bandit force yelling for Tom to leap into action and join him in the Battle Gods Glory.

It was after Tom was struck from behind by the horse riding sword maiden that Kit decided that he had killed enough of his foe's and promptly left the arena of battle. Having heard this tale countless times and every time it's a little bit different I have to admit I have never heard anything about Kit raising a blade or getting near combat at all. So I shall summarise. With the exception of Shady Geoff. No one actually did anything.

Just one day without pain would be nice...

And thus. Our hero's have been captured and seperated. Will any survive? Will Tom eat something of substance? Will the 'Miller' ever be reunited with his 'wife'? Will Kit actually do something?!

No. To all of the above.

NEXT TIME

A painful reunion

An even more painful return

Kit gets drunk!

Please Sir, Can I have some more?