Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Custes View Post
    Hello,
    I just installed the RTR VII and Patch 3,and everything seems to work fine, except that the screen is not a fullscreen, but is unmovable in the upper left corner and only takes about 60% of the whole screen.
    Is there any way to get a fullscreen ?

Thanks in advance,

Custes
    I have the same issue on my laptop, running Windows 7, and using Steam.

Plain RTW, BI, and Alexander all run in fullscreen, as does RTRPE. I am assuming there's a simple fix I am just not familiar with. A forum search for "fullscreen" only returned this post, so if this has already been covered, my apologies!

Never mind, figured it out. If I drop the "-ne" switch from the launch options in Steam, it runs in fullscreen.

Now I feel sheepish. And I don't seem to be able to edit my previous post.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I have started my first Roman campaign ever on RTR VII and have noticed that Italic units added from PI have ridiculously low upkeep in comparation with other units of the same class.

Hi everyone.

I have a problem. I'm playing with City-State Sparta I have the whole island ( Which it have 11 settlements ) and another 7 settlements, and when I see the Policy at Sparta, it says that I can recruit Spartatite Hoplitai and another Reform Unit, but I can't recruit them, and Reform Unit it shows that I can recruit in some settlements, But I can't. Why ?? I have to build a specific construction ??

Hello people of RTR

I have recently and successfully installed the RTR V2 on my mac, the load screen works perfectly, however when i attempt to play campaign, it says "please select an item from the list". Also when i attempt to play custom battle and I'm done building the armies and i hit the arrow to go to the battle, it goes straight back to the faction selection screen. Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

I can't start a campaign. I have RTRVII and the Gold Patch installed. Game loads as RTRVII version 1.3 but I have the same problem as was posted in Nov 2013 by Garensterz. Didn't see any response to any fixes?

Hi, I have encountered a problem when I'm starting a new campaign again. The game brings me back to the main menu everytime I click the launch campaign button, it's like something's preventing me to start a new game. And afterwards when I tried to quit the game something pops up like this everytime "Generic Error: DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognized record id naval quinquiremes requested".

I have already tried to delete the map.rvm, and also tried to reset the campaign map in the RTW folder. But nothing quite changed, still can't play a new campaign. Any solutions?

Please advise

Apparently, the gold patch on the gamefront mirror is corrupted and causes the error on launching the campaign. I used a different mirror download and redid the gold patch and it works fine.

When I try to start a campaign, in build an empire it asks me to upgrade to 1.6. This is because of the recent update to Steam and the version is different. Is anyway to skip version's control? Thanks.

is there a campaign victory video/message in the came at all? playing as Macedon with the latest Gold patch I conquered 50 settlements required and nothing happened. played for a couple of more turns, still nothing. is that the way it is supossed to be or did my game got bugged somehow?

thanks for a continuous efforts to all RTR folk!

EDIT: nvm, probably has to do with the list of the cities I need to control.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; July 31, 2014 at 02:37 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

In RTR VII victory condition are designed to influence the direction of AI expansion, player is supposed to set his own goals/victory conditions in the campaign and follow them.

Hey there!!! My first post on forum

First of all, congratulations on your work. Rome RTR VII is quite a piece of work. Congratz, seriously.

Well, now the quid. I have installed RTR VII with last patch and gold edition, and I can't save or load games when I play as a Roman. I also start the campaing with Sparta and everything goes well (can save and load normally).

I have tryed multiple solutions but nothing seems to work, any idea of what is happening? May be the script its not enableb? can I enable manually the script?

Thanks in advance and keep up with good work

PS: Excuse my english please, I know, its horrible.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Mmh you are already aware of turning the script off and on I guess? It can sometimes prevent you from saving.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

I'm having this problem in which, during the introduction to the campaign, when the Syracusean tyrant goes to attack the Carthaginian army, he actually dies and nothing happens after - the fog of war doesn't return and I'm "free" to start my game. This issue has persisted although I have already deleted and reinstalled the mod. One of the times I reinstalled, the first campaings started with no problem, but then suddenly this problem happened. Then I reinstalled, and the problem persisted.

I have also noticed some other bugs, all of them during the introduction: when Pyrhos army marches towards the Roman army, his army simply disappears, though the Romans still engage his "invisible army" and everything happens as normal. The other bug is that the fog of war is reversed during the introduction (it is activated the times it shouldn't, and deactivated the times it should be activated).

I have downloaded the main installer at ModDB and the patch Gold at MediaFire. But as far as I remember, I dind't notice any of these problems before I installed the patch, which leads me to think it is corrupted.

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the place to post it, if not, I'm sorry :$
    Awesome mod RTR VII, I am really enjoying it. Only problem is that it crashes quite often, mostly after battles but other times are completely random... is there a fix or a reason to this?
    Oh when I am on the strategic map it lags a bit... I tried the solution that the FAQ provides but it is not enough apparently... is there something else I could take down a notch to improve frame rate?

Thanks in advance!

Laetus

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 2 Bugs and Issues Thread

I encountered a crash when I was playing the campaign as Rome.
    It happens whenever I start a real-time battle at night.
    It does not happen frequently for other, but this time it always does and no error message shows up after crash.
    Any ideas what this is?
    I could try to provide more info if I can.
    (the enemy has reinforcements of 2 other armies.)

Hi there, I have the latest version of RTR + the Gold Patch, as well as the latest patches for vanilla and all the expansions (I'm using the steam version of the game so that could be causing the issue). But when I go to run the game from launcher, I get an error message saying I don't have the correct version of Barbarian Version: I have the version '1, 6, 1, 0' and I need version 1.6. Aren't they the same thing? What have I done wrong?

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 2 Bugs and Issues Thread

hi guys,

When playing as the Achaeans the game crashes to desktop when I end the turn in the year 266 B.C. Can anyone help?

Cheers, Maarten

A number of descriptions are messed up as in the file the wrong symbol was used to "comment".
    Code:
    {archbodyguard} Archbodyguard
    {archbodyguard_desc} They were chosen among  the citizens of city to defende the represent of the League of Achaeans during is rule of the city.
    {archbodyguard_effects_desc} Effect Influence  2, Effect PersonalSecurity  1

;-----------------------
    ;-----------------------
    ;         Aetolian
    ;-----------------------
    ;-----------------------
    ¬---------------
    {archbodyguard02} Archbodyguard
    {archbodyguard02_desc} They were chosen among  the citizens of city to defende the represent of the League of Aetolian during is rule of the city.
    {archbodyguard02_effects_desc} Effect Influence  2, Effect PersonalSecurity  1

;-----------------------
    ;-----------------------
    ;          Diadochi
    ;-----------------------
    The export_ancillaries does not use ";" to designate a comment, it uses ¬

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

@architect of doom There is a workaround; just type toggle_fow in the console when the bug happens

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I get a ctd every time I right click on the palaestra to view more information about the building, is there anyone who knows how to fix this?
    Last edited by 20ninescene; October 29, 2015 at 09:02 AM.