Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

judging from prebattle screenshot bellow (also u can check my original post quoted above) are hastati in that army which dont have the right paperdoll or stm so it could be them. I don't know really why this specific hastati spawn on campaign map so it might be good to check if this army has some preselected units with graphics which doesnt exist anymore.

War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

always when i want to defend idessa and segestica and want to play it on battlemap ( i have stonwalls) rtr crashes.... and if i automatically resolve i certainly will lose the battle....

so i automatically resolved the battle, and i lost, what i had expected to happen. Nevertheless now I have raised a big army and try to recapture it, but the same problem occurs again, as soon as I want to fight the battle on battle map, RTR7 crahes. This only happens as Idessa is concerned.
    Last edited by hellwyr; May 30, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Hi,

I have stumbled across a problem that has had me uninstalling/installing/deleting/going insane for the past 2 days which I somehow only noticed mid way through my campaign. I appear to have 4 turns per year on my campaign, of which 3 of them are summer. It took me 40 turns to realise that it had only gotten to 270 BC. Is this supposed to be the case? If so, can I turn it back to 2 turns per year? If it is a problem - I have installed two different versions of RTW (normal + gold) MULTIPLE times and have witnessed the exact same result.

Either this is a random tricky bug or I have been tearing my delicate hair out for no reason whatsoever.

Other than that this mod is the balls/awesome. Been playing since 2007 or so and it has kept me coming back to this old game repeatedly. Thank you so much for your work.

apdo's Avatar Laetus

Hello everyone,
    When I try to start a new campaign ( conquer an empire ) in RTR VII it directs to another page that says the same thing and has a custom battles option as well just like the first page and it just sits there. Also when I quite RTR it gives me this error

Generic Error:
    DATABASE_TABLE ERROR: unrecognized record id naval quinq

apdo's Avatar Laetus

id naval quiquiremes requested* ( it got cut off )

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@Fanest: I think I know what the issue is, looking again: The Epirotes are not meant to have hastati.

@*Cpt. Cholesterol*: That is actually a feature, and is by design so For reasons I have never entirely understood, people prefer having more turns per year, and so it is part of most mods nowadays. Admittedly, it does somewhat mess up the pace of the campaign.

@apdo: Something has gone wrong in your installation. The most likely culprit is that you haven't patched RTW to 1.5 and BI to 1.6.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Knew it. Been going round in circles for no reason, typical. Is there any way I can revert it back to two turns? I feel it progresses better.

Okay, I've tried the rudimentary method of simply deleting the 4tpy part of the script but will this have unintended consequences such as reforms or character events?

Hi, I am not sure if this is a bug, but the reset.bat doesn't work on my launcher. In fact, when I extract the version 3 fix, the extractor tells me that it could not open the campaign reset bat. I went into the compressed file and pulled the .bat out and placed it in the folder manually, but there is no map.rwm file in the maps folder to delete.

I am not sure if this is related, but none of the changes I make to either the descr_strat file (increasing the size/strength of rebel stacks) or the descr_cultures file (increasing agent costs) ever take place. I am sure I would need to delete the .rwm file for the changes to take place, but I have combed the mod folder and have never seen one. There's a map.wfc file. Should I delete that instead?

What's the campaign reset .bat file?

The map.rwm file is usually in world/maps/base but there may be one in maps/campaign/b_i as well. You usually need to delete that, but I think the issue you have may be that Windows' user account control needs to be turned off. Essentially, it interferes with your changes and puts them in a different location, rendering them useless.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

These aren't strictly bugs so I'll call them issues.

That battle with Pyrrhus is far from impossible, since he suicides while sending his elephants after Italian Skirmishers, other mods have fixed these Vanilla bugs.

Worse, killing Pyrrhus in that battle caused a one time CTD for me.

The AI is incapable of putting together a coherent army, the max I've seen is half a stack of jumbled units, EB had this fixed years ago.

The way you have portrayed Macedon is... just a bad idea gameplay wise.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post

The way you have portrayed Macedon is... just a bad idea gameplay wise.
    I think it's brilliant and one of the most interesting TW campaigns.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I think it's brilliant and one of the most interesting TW campaigns.
    Great if you're playing Macedon, the AI can't handle it.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Great if you're playing Macedon, the AI can't handle it.
    Well in that case Ptolemaois Keraunos wins And you can take the opportunity. For instance, Alexander of Epiros threw the Antigonids out of Macedon again in 260ish, and in 220ish it was overrun by Illyrians, so that was well possible at this unsure and unsafe times. There was no guarantee for Antigonos Gonatas to take Macedon, his first attempt was a failure, too.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

I have a problem with " Conqueror of Carthage " trait( Playing Rome) . It keeps saying that I should conquer Carthage even after I did that. I guess the problem in the name of the city, in trait it's Carthage, but on global map it's Cart-hadast( if Im not mistaken). But in overall awesome job guys. Love the mode a lot <3

I'll check it out. But just for my two cents on Macedon: Searching for CTDs, we ran a large amount of AI campaigns. The AI's reconquest of Macedonia by 260 was a regular occurrence.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I am quoting this post just for the case nobody has noticed it as it seems to be a serious issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by hellwyr View Post
    always when i want to defend idessa and segestica and want to play it on battlemap ( i have stonwalls) rtr crashes.... and if i automatically resolve i certainly will lose the battle....

so i automatically resolved the battle, and i lost, what i had expected to happen. Nevertheless now I have raised a big army and try to recapture it, but the same problem occurs again, as soon as I want to fight the battle on battle map, RTR7 crahes. This only happens as Idessa is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    @Fanest: I think I know what the issue is, looking again: The Epirotes are not meant to have hastati.

@*Cpt. Cholesterol*: That is actually a feature, and is by design so For reasons I have never entirely understood, people prefer having more turns per year, and so it is part of most mods nowadays. Admittedly, it does somewhat mess up the pace of the campaign.

@apdo: Something has gone wrong in your installation. The most likely culprit is that you haven't patched RTW to 1.5 and BI to 1.6.
    thank you for looking into and i think u might be right but i think its not Epirotes to whom this hastati belong but faction called Free Peoples so would it be possible to outmaneuver this CDT by copying these missing texture files to the Free Peoples or smt like this? Because the problem is that there are few units of these hastati scattered in Free Peoples armies and i dont know how to remove them from campaign map in the beginning so with this minor tweak i could avoid doing all this. What do u think?

here are screenshots showing me as Epirot spying on Free Peoples at Potentia

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ok i fixed this bug i been nagging all the time or so it seems

what i did is that i copied all polybian_centurian files (4 files) from "Rome Total War Gold\RTRVII\Data\VII\units\rome\Officers" and made new folder in same directory called textures "Rome Total War Gold\RTRVII\Data\VII\units\rome\Officers\textures" and pasted all those files in. I also double clicked campaign_map_reset in Rome Total War Gold\RTRVII but i dont know if that had anything to do with this fixing.
    I think i did smt similar some time ago but it didnt work for some reason (mybe i missed some file) but now its working
    The four files are
    polybian_centurian.tga.dds
    polybian_centurian_gloss.tga
    polybian_centurian_gloss.tga.dds
    polybian_centurian_high.cas

I actually fixed that one yesterday. I'd thought it was the Epirotes, but it was the free peoples, as you say. Your solution will work, but the thing is, only Rome is meant to have hastati Actually, it turns out the opening battle script tries to give Rome some hastati if it wins the opening battle. However, it places these hastati in Potentia, which is no longer part of Rome. The solution to that is to make them spawn a town which is still Roman