Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Faravid View Post
    I installed patch 3 yesterday and played for a while. Worked just fine and all, no issues.

But today I started RTR VII and decided to set Roman Leadership system off and play the game. So I go and try to start a new campaign as Rome, it jumps me back to single player menu and when I quit it gives me the message: "DATABSE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id naval quinquiremes requested."

Also, is there a way to get back the vanilla unit flag system so I can see how big armies are? I really, really don't like the current format.
    Same thing in here,just installed on vanilla RTW & BI,any update on this one guys??

Bcman's Avatar Senator

Here is my save if you can help my CTD problem
    Attached Files Attached Files

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@Amorphis: You simply can't remove it. It is no longer an option, intentionally. I suppose I can upload the latest launcher, which may have the option blanked out (I don't use the launcher, so I'm not sure on that).
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    Same thing in here,just installed on vanilla RTW & BI,any update on this one guys??
    This one with >>Data Base Error<< is resolved,this is what I did
    1.Clean install
    -RTW
    -patch 1.2
    -patch 1.3
    -patch 1.5
    -BI
    -patch 1.6
    THEN
    download and place the patch archive in your RTW folder,right click and extract here.Start game.
    You should see a loading screen saying Hotfix 1 in top right corner.We did something silly installing this patch I suppose

Ah, good Just make sure the RLS is kept turned on.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Bcman's Avatar Senator

I have another problem for you guys.

Every time i click the launcher it has a error come up and says

Is there anything i can do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2013-03-21 22-09-36-82.jpg  

Try extracting and pasting this over your launcher folder. It's the latest version, so it's possible something has been fixed (though afaik it has been mainly fixes to do with Steam recently).

Quick One _ I seem to have accidentally deleted the Launcher shortcut. How do I make it so I can open the game via the launcher? From memory the reason I do this is because if I try and do it old school the game doesn't work properly.

I keep gettin an error when i pick a faction for the campaign, it returns me back to the title screen, is there a specific reason why its doing this?
    Proud Reviewer of mods for medieval 2 and Rome Total war
    Been gaming since i could walk and beyond
    Check my Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800?feature=mhee

@Alfonzo: Find your launcher folder in your RTW directory, right click on the "Rome Total Realism VII" application, and tell your computer to create a shortcut. Then drag it onto your desktop

@Necrontyr: Are you trying to run with RLS off?

I'm having the problem where I cannot save or load any games. I tried to restart the game and hitting the ? button in game but it does not fix the problem.

@Caligula Caesar honestly i got no clue where that is, is it in the launcher preferences?
    Check my Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800?feature=mhee

@Necrontyr: Yeah, it's on the launcher preferences. But if you haven't done that, my best guess is that maybe you haven't patched BI to 1.6 or RTW to 1.5?

@Evilpoptart: Just make sure the script is running and it will work.

hmmm failing to find this RLS in the preferences in the launcher, any hints to where this bugger is hiding?

I doubt it's that, if you can't find it, since it is set as on as a default. Try patching RTW and BI

Hi, I´m having a trouble with RTR patch 3. I´m playing the SPQR campaign VH/VH and it is really nice play, but in 277BC I have met a bug. Once I end a turn, on top of the screen it comes threw all signs of nations just untill the barbarian tribes and than the game collapses - black screen appears with some note in sense "in BI - 1.6 occurs some troubles and so it must be closed", than it falls back to my Win XP. I ve tried several times to load it again and also to load previous turns, but once I get to that problematic turn in 277BC, game crashes again. Do you have any idea of what happens? I´m sure I´ve installed the RTR, BI+1.6 patch, RTR VII mod and new patch 3 correctly.

End.rar

This is the problematic SPQR VH/VH 277BC turn I ve mantioned above, anyway..

Thanks I checked your CTD, and discovered it crashes on the Barbaroi turn focusing on Tolosa. I couldn't find any bugs concerning the coding of Tolosa, so I assumed it must be the last screen before the end of their turn, and I checked their characters for possible clone bugs which cause CTDs when they die. I found that one female character had faulty coding which may or may not cause crashes, and two male ones were coded in so they definitely will. I will be sure to fix these, and I'll check if there are any I missed in the other factions Unfortunately, however, I don't know of any way of fixing this mid-campaign

Can someone upload their RTRVII/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, so I can make a quick hotfix for some of the CTDs?

Tanks for your qiuck response, Caligulla, seriously! I'm not quite sure, if I got it (due to my english), so - does that mean, that there is no way to fix my campaign and so I must start it again? And does it also mean, that I can possibly meet the same bug playing playing new campaign, even for another faction? That makes me sad, really But - what if I load some position just several turns before the bug appeared and send an assasin to kill these characters? Is that a kind of solution? .. Second question - what exactly "CTD" means? And the last one - if you make that quick hotfix and I will install it, could I play my campaign again or I'll still have to start a new one? Thanks for your effort again - here's the .txt you're needed, anyaway (just not from an original copy of the game - hope it makes no difference)..
    Attached Files Attached Files