Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Is there any ETA on the hotfix?

since several people have expressed their desire for the flags over cities to be restored, couldn't you make an option for people to turn it on or off, in which ever way they wish it?

Keep up the good work.
    Hi,

I'm Completely agreed with this.

I like the new setup without banners. If implementing an option to switch between the two variants is feasible, by all means, yes. But I'd rather it didn't revert back to the old style of banners.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

First of all, it is quite impossible to include such an option, since just turning on the banners would mean that there will be two of them - the regular ones and our own ones attached to the army and ship stratmap models.

Secondly, this represents a choice our team has made in the development of the mod. I can understand that some of you might have liked the old system better, but this is how we thought that the gameplay and general feeling of the project would benefit most. We still stand behind this and therefore believe that it would be wrong to put much time into a switch system, which would be a likely cause for CTD's in itself. After all, we can't offer switches back to vanilla for all changes in the mod, don't you agree?

As for the Hotfix, like you'll have noticed the development has become really slow since the release of VII due to some people leaving the team or becomming involved in other things at TWC or in RL. We will try our best to get things fixed as soon as possible, but unfortunately I can't promise anything about an ETA.
    Last edited by Maurits; February 01, 2013 at 04:02 AM.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Im a bit confused.
    I continue to see the units with banners on the battlefields ,only after ETW you had the option for removing them,so what banners are you talking about?
    About the post of Nerevar ,i think is lying as the majority of the players of this mod like the mod the most realistic possible therefore no banners,specially myself that i never used banners since Shogun 1.
    Oh wait you mean flags on towns on the battlefield ?

Yes, they are talking about the campaign map not the battlefield.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    Yes, they are talking about the campaign map not the battlefield.
    Flags over the towns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    Im experiencing CTD when i want to fight some rebels near Potentia here is what i get

also the paperdoll of hestati in this army isnt the right one

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

here are my savegames before the battle and when attacking this rebel army

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16059268/RTR/rome5.sav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16059268/RTR/rome6.sav

btw i installed RTRVII anew and patched over patch3
    I been absent now for some time so my question is if there is a solution/fix to get past this error other than autoresolve these battles?
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

It seems that nobody is able to replicate your issue, so I'm inclined to think that this must be an installation problem

I just had the same issue, only it was roman hastati and not polybian centurian. The thing is that after I beat the Romans to a pulp at Heraklea, the script didn't trigger the battle of river Terias. I simply continued organizing my cities and armies, and when I moved a family member in Sicily, the script triggered again with the message that I had lost the battle of Heraklea, after which the Sicilian battle ensued (this is still the very first turn). I noticed that 1 unit of roman_hastati (the same one that is in the screenshot of Fanest) had been spawned in Potentia (I had only one free army slot there). When I attacked the rebels right next to Potentia, the CTD occurred.

I also have to note that this is not the first time the script behaves funky when I'm playing with the Romans or the Aiakides.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

I have an issue - after installing the thrid patch, everytime I try to start a campaign as Perganom or Cimbri, my game CTDs. It simply states the generic "Rome: etc. has suffered an error and now must close' window and the game just 'poofs'.

EDIT: Turns out it's ALL the factions that have this issue.

EDIT2: I've liteerally just reinstalled everything, stuck in Patch 1a, then Patch 3, and the damn thing STILL doesn't work on any faction. Does anyone have a solution?

SOLUTION: I discovered (through some basic searching) that this issue is solved by running the game as an administrator, which solved the problem. This is done by right-clicking and selecting the 'Run as Administrator" option in the drop down menu. If it says that it's searching for BI.exe, simply browse for it and select BI.exe. This will enable you to play the campaign, however all the ingame settings will be changed, requiring all the visual (unit sizes) and so on to be redone.
    Last edited by Alfonzo over Innsmouths; February 03, 2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Even More Information

Hey i have an issue with installing the patch
    i put the rar file into Program Files/The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War
    right click extract here and i got the yes to all thing
    then it shows two progress bars the extracting one and the processed one
    it processes 100 percent only once and then the extracting one still stays at 0 percent and then my comp makes a sound and everything closes out

any of you had a bug where it goes reallyslow when you scroll the camera up close to yours or enemy units when they are fighting

As I'm playing with Patch 3, I noticed the governor traits aren't there like they were before the patches. Did you guys decide to remove those traits, or am I just missing something?

The game crashes after the first loading screen of VII. I am using the steam version of the game and have everything in the right place i think.

Samuel Pidgeon, thats probably just a bit of graphical overload taking it's toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    It seems that nobody is able to replicate your issue, so I'm inclined to think that this must be an installation problem
    sadly im not the only one with this problem bacause i counted at least three others who posted in this thread about this bug.
    btw did u try to load my savegame and ply that battle? do u get a CTD or no? it takes only a min to try this
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Sadly, I haven't taken the time for that since I thought that it was a one off and I was quite busy with exams at te uni. I'll have a look at it, though.

I've noticed that while on the campaign map, things tend to run smoothly at around 40-50 FPS. And then, if I issue a move order for an army that will take more then the current turn to complete, the FPS drops to like 10-15. Did anybody else experience this, any advice to fix it?

Thank you

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if we talk about the same issue, but I noticed numerous times that the game begins to lag heavily once you issue and skip a move order which is blocked. Afterwards, even if there is nothing going on, the game lacks heavily with low fps. Sometimes the solution is to issue and skip another move order which ends properly, but sometimes only a rastart works.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    sadly im not the only one with this problem bacause i counted at least three others who posted in this thread about this bug.
    btw did u try to load my savegame and ply that battle? do u get a CTD or no? it takes only a min to try this
    Can you post your descr_model_battle.txt file please, and tell us where it was located?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -