Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Primicerius

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    Try this: click on the "?" button to terminate the script and immediately after that hit end turn. Are you able to continue your campaign like that?

@BostiaHistorian:
    I don't think the opening script would cause this. Does the game crash after battles with reinforcements or just during the end-turn cycle?
    Thanks for the response. Nope, no luck with that. Still a CTD (on what seems to be the turn of Barbarians).

I have attached the save game.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Foederatus

Yes if I terminate the script, end turn, the turn completes advisor stays in left corner until I click and activate script. I have switched FOW off to try see what is happening, this seems to allow the turn to complete.

So if I disable script and end turn, the turn completes. Or turn off FOW end turn, the turn completes. On year 265 now Roma Campaign, consistently end-of-turn CTD every 4-6 years.

Foederatus

I got to 262summer and could not go further, could not reload the SPQR campaign. So started a new SPQR campaign, beat intro greek army and again did not continue with the battles on Sicily, I was worried. But now I am on 271w and have not yet had end-of-turn CTD, only 1 CTD on siege battle. Hindsight I guess my trouble caused on 1st campaign because I played several turns initially before turning off Autosave, I hope anyway.

I nottest this from previous RTR ,but, i always hoped that someone would report it ,but,nothing.
    So the buildings that we have in the cities,etc ,in grey colour that means (i assume) that its the land resources ,if you know what i mean , we can destroy them wining from it around 2200 gold.
    And for my surprise ,they return on the next turn,where i destroy it and get the same 2200 and so and so on so on ....
    This must be a bug ,what im surprised is that no one ever reported due it was never fixed .

You can watch it on my chapter 3 of my Lusitani campaign.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

That's not a bug, it's the economy system which requires these buildings. It would be an exploit, just like money cheats, to use it

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    That's not a bug, it's the economy system which requires these buildings. It would be an exploit, just like money cheats, to use it
    Meh .. but there are some that cost 200 ,all shouldnt profit no more 200 .

Hi I am having trouble downloading and installing the patch 3 . it will not auto extract like it should, Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Prator12 View Post
    Hi I am having trouble downloading and installing the patch 3 . it will not auto extract like it should, Help?
    So extract yourself its easy ...

Sorry but can you tell me how. it's my first time dealing with a rar file.

Sorry but can you tell me how. it's my first time dealing with a rar file.
    Don't worry I'll be gentle.

ok what do I do?

Do you have WinRar or something simular?

no I don't.

What I did was download it from Gamefront window and follow the instructions in the patch thread that was provided. can you tell me what I did wrong?
    Last edited by Maurits; January 22, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Are you sure that you extracted the files to the right folder, i.e. the Rome: Total War one?

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

I am not sure now I might have just misread them. I am unfimiliar with rar files.

Foederatus

I had same issue back in day with Patch 2. The way I found to extract the files is using 7zip File Manager (find free download, install program (2MB)) with shortcut to Start Menu. Run the 7zip program, opens a window where you can select folder/file that is compressed, this case look for where you saved Patch 3 (ie desktop, my documents). My 7zip program has icon top says extract. Then you can open the Patch 3 as a uncompressed folder, copy and paste into the RTW folder (where you installed RTRVII mod-folder).

thanks I will try that will let you know how it goes.=)

It worked thanks guys. =)

Good to hear that my contribution was helpful

Is there any ETA on the hotfix?

Also, I'd like to point out that this mod is still not comfortabely playable on my PC, even with the lower quality tress in the descr_climates. Is there any hope that you can optimize it a bit or do something else to make the campaign map less demanding? I play RTR 6 platinum 2 most nicely, but would prefer to play this.

And another thing, since several people have expressed their desire for the flags over cities to be restored, couldn't you make an option for people to turn it on or off, in which ever way they wish it?

Keep up the good work.