Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KurtSuckert View Post
    Hi,
    I'm playing with Epirus and the battle of the siege of Potentia don't load, i get this message :
    failed to find texture RTRVII/data/VII/units/rome/officers/textures/polybian_centurian.tga

I tried to reinstall the mod twice and I downloaded it again, but the texture seems to be missing still.

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.
    same problem as mine few post up(ups on the other page ) now... modders please take a look at this bug you have my savegame in my post
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

First let me say that I love almost all aspects of this mod, and even despite the bugs (understandable), that this is arguably my favorite Total War experience--period. The game play is extremely immersive and complex, forcing me to really plan and think out my strategies, while at the same time avoiding tedium in general.

However, I can't really reconcile with a lack of banners over cities, and find this ONE aspect to be tedious. This was the best way to determine where my garrisons were (if any) without flipping through every city and looking at armies tab. In this aspect the game is lacking, because it forces me to utilize the UI in a repetitive and time consuming fashion--tedious. The "Settlement" tab makes an alternative inefficient because it doesn't really organize cities in any sort of regional way, and the "Army" tab doesn't seem to be showing any of my small settlement garrisons at all.

I saw something in the threads about this being more realistic, or somehow requiring spies to see a city and surrounding garrisons movements. I don't really see it that way at all. If the shroud of war has been lifted from a city, you only need to double click to see how many units are garrisoned in it, and unless you have something in the area that totally nullifies the fog of war, you can't see a banner anyway. The banner was merely a tool to indicate garrison size. While I suppose smaller units fills the banner up less, I don't see why static banners (not indicating army size) like the armies can't be placed above the cities. What would be really cool is if one's own cities had dynamic banners, and the enemies' had either a static banner, or no banner at all. I confess though, I am ignorant as to whether or not that's even possible.

Furthermore, Sparta invading Roman Italy is a tactical nightmare. To get a big scope of the campaign map I prefer to stay zoomed out. The result is much confusion when it comes to the appearance of Spartan and Roman banners. All I can really see is a red banner with a gold symbol on it, and for all intents and purposes at this zoom level, they look nearly identical. I must have spent thirty minutes over two turns, looking back and forth, mousing over and clicking this and that (zooming in and out), etc, losing my place over and over again, trying to distinguish my armies from theirs. Please understand, I'm a Total War veteran, I've been playing TW for ten years, and RTR6 was the bread and butter of my Total Warring, so I'm not a noob voicing his lack of comfort with the TW UI in general. Furthermore the multiple perspectives on army banners sometimes will render an army nearly invisible when forced to view the banner edge wise. Is there any way to remedy this?

The similarity of map colors makes it difficult to distinguish if the map shading is expressing a Spartan or Roman territory, though this is not quite so bad as the rest. I can tolerate this.

Anyway, despite the gripes, I must restate the mod is superior to any other I've seen, and I think the RTR team is awsome. You've worked your asses off and I appreciate it a great deal.

----

CtM

Primicerius

I was wondering if it were possible for you guys to modify the unit sizes of phalangites to be 256 instead of 242 to make it more accurate. Or is 242 the maximum hardcoded size for units in RTW?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I was wondering if it were possible for you guys to modify the unit sizes of phalangites to be 256 instead of 242 to make it more accurate. Or is 242 the maximum hardcoded size for units in RTW?
    240 warriors per unit + some officers/standard bearers slots (I think max 3) is maximum hardcoded size in RTW.

Playing a campaign as Carthage I noticed that their (quite expensive in terms of upkeep) chariots (with which you face Hicetas) seem to be missile units yet they don't have an archer/spearthrower on them. In combat they are useless except for being my decoy, though quite effective this is not how I'd like to use them.
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

They had archers, but somehow their unit size has been accidentally decreased. We are going to solve this in the upcomming hotfix

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    They had archers, but somehow their unit size has been accidentally decreased. We are going to solve this in the upcomming hotfix
    First, let me praise you that you and your team take bug reports seriously and respond to what the players have to say

I'd like to know wether the next hotfix will be savegame compatible or not? I guess it depends on what is changed, but if it only fixes things like unit sizes, maybe there is some hope?

Hey Maurits. Was anything done about the building glitches I mentioned in Patch 3?

I had another CTD while playing the cimbri tribe I was about to capture a large town forgot which one and then it crashed

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Quote Originally Posted by KurtSuckert View Post
    Hi,
    I'm playing with Epirus and the battle of the siege of Potentia don't load, i get this message :
    failed to find texture RTRVII/data/VII/units/rome/officers/textures/polybian_centurian.tga

I tried to reinstall the mod twice and I downloaded it again, but the texture seems to be missing still.

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.
    I don't understand how this bug can exist, but I will look into it myself as soon as possible (i.e. sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by Junpei View Post
    First, let me praise you that you and your team take bug reports seriously and respond to what the players have to say

I'd like to know wether the next hotfix will be savegame compatible or not? I guess it depends on what is changed, but if it only fixes things like unit sizes, maybe there is some hope?
    I fear it will not be savegame-compatible, for we need to do some map changes to free the passage to the Corinthian gulf ports.

Quote Originally Posted by iLeeT_PeeP View Post
    Hey Maurits. Was anything done about the building glitches I mentioned in Patch 3?
    I don't recall exactly which ones you mean, but if these were double buildings they should be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Pidgeon View Post
    I had another CTD while playing the cimbri tribe I was about to capture a large town forgot which one and then it crashed
    That's a pity. Was it the reinforcement CTD? I.e. were you attacked by a reinforcing army when besieging the city and did the game CTD after that battle?
    Last edited by Maurits; January 02, 2013 at 04:17 AM.

i think there was reinforcments it was the norici i was fighting at the town damasia i think is the name or it might of been briganton. Something like that but i did click exterminate population and then thats when it crashed.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

That's not the reinforcement bug, I think. What happens if you fight the battle again (maybe try autoresolve) and click enslave or occupy?

Hm, not sure if it is a bug (since the search fonction did not return the issue) still, starting with patch 3 a new cartage campagn, for the first battle I should have Three chariot, with normaly at last one conducter and one shooter (if not two as in picture). But there is only the driver.

So, the chariot are of no function unto the battlefield and have been destroyed first by the ennemy.

What could cause that issue ?

(Where is located the setup for that, into export_desr_unit or descr_battle ?)

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    I fear it will not be savegame-compatible, for we need to do some map changes to free the passage to the Corinthian gulf ports.
    That's unfortunate Though, my Arverni campaign crashes anyway but I don't mind the mapchange. Could you tell us how to fix the chariot crew locally? I could finish the carthage campaign that way I guess you just have to change the crew size in the export_descr_units.txt, but what value is appropriate for chariots?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

On large, I think there should be 4 chariots with 3 soldiers each, counting up to 12. If I'm right, the EDU contains the numbers on small unit scale, though, so wouldn't that be 3?

I have started a couple of campaigns and played quite a few turns with no problem. However, I cannot start any more.

After I select a nation and start the campaign, it takes me back to to the build an empire screen. When I exit the game there is an error message in the background.

Generic error
    DATABASE_TABLE error found:
    unrecognised record id naval quinquiremes requested.

I had no problems before and the only thing I have changed after the first two campaigns is the intro movie.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Does re-installing RTR VII solve the issue?

I restarted my campaign as the same faction and it hasn't crashed again yet but I noticed that the German clubmen are not holding a weapon as they charge they throw the javelins but have no other weapon when charging

Maurits, any ETA on the Hotfix, or are you still gathering bug information? I have two thrilling campaigns as the Cimbri and the Antigonids and wanted to decide whether to scrap them and wait for the Hotfix or continue.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Code:
    soldier          fac_carthage_chariot_archer, 10, 6, 1.6
    On the battle map, they where with more than 3 chariots, this was both with RTR patch 1 (when they was 1 conductor and one archer for each chariot) then only driver with patch 3.

From patch 1 :
    Code:
    soldier          fac_carthage_chariot_archer, 18, 6, 1.6
    So the number was changer but it does not go as planned.

Any idea as to what to do to correct that ?