Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 2a Bugs and Issues Thread

Hi,

Will this mod work with non-english version?

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by Zibol View Post
    Hi,

Will this mod work with non-english version?
    I have a non-English version and experience no problems with RTR
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    I'm very sorry to disappoint you guys, but the planning has been obstructed by a nasty CTD

We did some extensive AI campaign-testing to ensure that the to-be-released revision was stable enough, but unfortunately half of them crashed around 260 BC. Given earlier results, there must have been introduced a bug in the past 100 revisions. We're now trying to find that one, which is a painstaking process which takes much more time than I wanted.

CC and I are busy trying to find (and hopefully solve) the thing, once that's been fixed there will be a release within a few days. While I hope that we'll be able to locate it soon, I can't give any possible release date. Sorry.
    Are you talking about FOE or VII ?Because im on year 255bc with VII and till now only some weird ctd ,but it is always good when relauching ....

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I'm talking about RTR VII, work on FOE has stopped since 2010, it is considered done and a little obsolete since the release of VII. We've had a much more stable build, which means that some error(s) must have come in during development. We want to find these before releasing the thing.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

I'm talking about RTR VII, work on FOE has stopped since 2010, it is considered done and a little obsolete since the release of VII. We've had a much more stable build, which means that some error(s) must have come in during development. We want to find these before releasing the thing.

Yes i agree with you .RTR VII is alot better and more stable .I did not knew FOE was done .
    What i would like to see is a bit more of the map on VII like we had with FOE,Egypt should be here .
    Well done once more.

i have just experienced strange bug, where suddenly Marian units appeared in my roster in Rome.. Its just 268BC and i'm fighting Greeks and Carthage in Sicily... strange is, Marian units are only available in Rome and nowhere else. any ideas?

edit:

i tried to start a new game, but now i have those Marian units at the beginning of the game available...

edit2:

i have uninstalled the game,deleted the whole folder and installed clean install RTW with RTR7 and then applied my saves.. and now Marian units are not available... quite strange, because i didnt modified EDB or script files, not sure how exactly are those units triggered, but looks like something just went wrong.

edit3:

after one turn, Marian units are again recruitable in Rome.. probably something wrong with my save, i just disabled marian units in EDB, dont want to stop playing this save, i have managed to defeat Pyrrhos in first battle...
    Last edited by JaM; October 17, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

That's weird, they should only become available when a set of script conditions is fulfilled.

Ps. I have read your PM, am very busy now so I'll try to reply in detail later.

Whenever I try to fight a campaign battle I get errors saying various building files can't be found, the game then CTDs. Any idea why this is happening?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

That probably means that you've got an installation problem. I advise to remove RTR VII and attempt to install it again.

Ok its proved . The problem is with patch 2 .Patch is the one that causes the CTD on year 260 bc .I will have reinstall everything less patch2 if i want to play ...
    When will be ready Maurits ?

Today i was playing RTR and out of sudenly i had a very very weird CTD where i couldnt close my game even with ctrl+alt+dlt during todays steam CTD´s .After several attempts the game closed .Now i tried to launch RTR or even RTW and i got a error saying that it cant find steam !?!?
    Anyone else ?

Ok i was wrong.
    Its in year 272 bc, im being sieged on CAPUA and when AI launchs the attack ,i decid to do the battle and when it loads to the battle i get his error :" Error :File name doesnt exist data/models_buildings*info/info_walls/limes_wood_wall_tall_ec_info.CAS"

Im gonna reinstall everything again,its like the 5th time ,but this time without any of the fix patch2.0 or patch2.0 hotfix nothing.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Unfortunately, that's a known issue. Autoresolve the battle or withdraw, it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Ok then thanks for responding Maurits . Cant wait for that patch

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Cheers, I can't wait to be able to release it!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cheers, I can't wait to be able to release it!
    Still no joy with the bug I take it

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

We have at least established that it's somewhere in the script (the campaign runs completely errorless without script). If we only had more time to find it

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wish I could help...but sadly no idea about scripts

I tried to play with the SPQR .Can anyone explain to me how the nobles work ? They suck being Generals they suck being inside towns ,what do i do with them realy ? I gived up of the campaign due is ridicoulus how my rmies ran away from my enemies....

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    I tried to play with the SPQR .Can anyone explain to me how the nobles work ? They suck being Generals they suck being inside towns ,what do i do with them realy ? I gived up of the campaign due is ridicoulus how my rmies ran away from my enemies....
    This should help you

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478149
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112