Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Sometimes the settlement needs to be upgraded before you can develop an industry further.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

The problem witc carthaginian chariot is not solved yet?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Hi, I have encountered a problem when I'm starting a new campaign again. The game brings me back to the main menu everytime I click the launch campaign button, it's like something's preventing me to start a new game. And afterwards when I tried to quit the game something pops up like this everytime "Generic Error: DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id navale quinquiremes requested".

I have already tried to delete the map.rvm, and also tried to reset the campaign map in the RTW folder. But nothing quite changed, still can't play a new campaign. Any solutions?
    Last edited by Garensterz; November 03, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

If you are in game and want to load a new campaign, you first need to terminate the background script. This can be done by selecting the adviser and clicking "terminate script"

The script also terminates if you exit the back to the desktop.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Yep, guys how is it going with the changes regarding the EDU (numbers of soldiers in a unit etc.)? I want to play, but am waiting for this
    Any news?

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Finally, i 've decided to install RTR VII without Patch 3.

Hello,
    I just installed the RTR VII and Patch 3,and everything seems to work fine, except that the screen is not a fullscreen, but is unmovable in the upper left corner and only takes about 60% of the whole screen.
    Is there any way to get a fullscreen ?

Thanks in advance,

Custes

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Hey guys, I've been trying to record a let's play of this amazing mod as Rome, but the game keeps on crashing. The first time it crashed when I was trying to fight a battle against Larth Porsenna and the Etruscan rebels, the second time when I was trying to fight another army of Etruscan rebels. The first crash happened as I was transitioning from the campaign screen to the loading screen, and the second time right after I hit start start deployment on the battle screen. This is very frustrating, because this also for whatever reason causes windows media player to not be able to play the recording (I use MSI Afterburner btw). So I not only have to restart from an earlier point again, but all my recording is rendered useless.

Anyway, does anyone know what I can do about this crashing to the desktop? It seems to only happen when I go into battle, specifically with the Etruscan rebels (though I haven't tested it out with other battles yet). I would much appreciate it if anyone can offer any solutions. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to provide it in the hopes of resolving this issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bez názvu 1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	301912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bez názvu.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	301913 Hi, I am currently playing as league of Aitolia and I have problems with reforms. As you can see I have conquered nearly whole Greece & Macedonia. In my capital, script created building reform counter but it's there for several turns and Thorakitai are still not available. I am playing gold patch. Is this some sort of bug or did you delete reforms for Aitolians? Thank you RTR Team

It seems a bit ridiculous that each stage of road takes an average of ten years, and 40,000 drachs to build. I don't know if there's a historical precedent here, but surely there's a bit of wiggle room?

I've been informed by another thread that there is a game flaw around increasing naval movement range to realistic proportions re: game mechanics. Most historical records I saw put the average travel time by sea from Alexandria to Syracuse at just over ten days (examples included bireme and trireme. If you've nerfed the realism of sea travel so much out of necessity, maybe buff the roads a bit.

Sorry if this has been addressed, I searched "roads" on this thread, and came up with nothing.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

It is imposible to make those things realisticaly without drasticly increasing the number of turns per year. Not the sea travel but campaing movement in general is nerfed by necessity (otherwise the Ai would send away its generals to early from newly conquered settlements which would result in the situation that AI will be repeatedly loosing its newly conquered settlement before it manage to paciffy them). Btw. As far as I know it was always faster to travel by sea then by land.

Well, I wasn't thinking so much of increasing movement distance. I just think the cost/construction time for roads is pretty ridiculous. There have certainly been increases in construction time/cost for everything. One can justify it in most cases because of additional turns/year and the overall nature of the economy. The roads though, I just can't understand why they cost so much and take so long to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad The Mad View Post
    Well, I wasn't thinking so much of increasing movement distance. I just think the cost/construction time for roads is pretty ridiculous. There have certainly been increases in construction time/cost for everything. One can justify it in most cases because of additional turns/year and the overall nature of the economy. The roads though, I just can't understand why they cost so much and take so long to build.
    Don't worry about it so much, It's not likely to be changed anyways. Just reduce the build times yourself to whatever you think is realistic.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Hello guys. Playing RTR VII I started a vh/vh antigonid campaign after avorting my SPQR one (H/H was too easy, I met no significant resistance). I came across the description of asian war elephants that says the Asians Elephants would beat the African one who were smaller. That's not something I had been told before, so I went for a quick search on wikipedia and found out that the African are actually bigger. Is RTR VII mistaken? Or is it that at the time, for a specific reason, African elephants were smaller than their Asian counterparts. I miss the point here.

Thanx for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Hello guys. Playing RTR VII I started a vh/vh antigonid campaign after avorting my SPQR one (H/H was too easy, I met no significant resistance). I came across the description of asian war elephants that says the Asians Elephants would beat the African one who were smaller. That's not something I had been told before, so I went for a quick search on wikipedia and found out that the African are actually bigger. Is RTR VII mistaken? Or is it that at the time, for a specific reason, African elephants were smaller than their Asian counterparts. I miss the point here.

Thanx for the answer!
    You're partially right. African Bush Elephants are bigger than their Indian counterparts, however, they're are semi-untameable and weren't used by neither Carthaginians nor Ptolemaics. They actually used North African Elephants, an extinct species that was smaller than both African and Indian elephants. So, as you see, RTRVII description is also right.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaevin View Post
    Hi, I am currently playing as league of Aitolia and I have problems with reforms. As you can see I have conquered nearly whole Greece & Macedonia. In my capital, script created building reform counter but it's there for several turns and Thorakitai are still not available. I am playing gold patch. Is this some sort of bug or did you delete reforms for Aitolians? Thank you RTR Team
    I would also be interested in the answer to this question: what are the conditions of the reforms for the Aitolians. Is it to have the whole Peloponesus or to be in a "bad way", as was intended before? Is there this "year 230"
    JoC

Thank you so much for your answer Bercor. I was really unaware of this story.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@Bercor: As far as I recall, I don't think there is an Aetolian reform coded in.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Greetings to all!

Has anyone had trouble with the RTR VII Gold patch download?
    I downloaded it as a Winzip file but I can't install it. Whenever I try to unzip it, I get this message:
    Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
    Error: Access is denied.
    Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RTRVII\campaign_map_reset.bat; administrative privileges may be required
    Severe Error: File creation failed.

Error code: 0
    Error description:

I'm running Windows 7 and it has that administrator setting turned on. it that blocking it?
    Or maybe Winzip wants me to buy the pay version. It won't let me install with the trial version.

Can anyone help me?

@Phaedrus
    Try 7zip instead of Winzip - it´s a free Software.
    You also can use it to unpack RAR-Files.
    A link to the RAR-Version of the RTR VII Gold patch was posted by Caligula Caesar some pages above.