Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Can you post your descr_model_battle.txt file please, and tell us where it was located?
    sry for delay;

its located in D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RTRVII\Data

here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16059268/RTR...del_battle.txt

EDIT:

i did a bit of research but i dont know if this is the case here so anyway..

this is the error i get

and this is the files structure where it points out and as u can see there isn't textures subfolder

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Fanest; February 05, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Well that is as it should be, so if there is a problem with this, everyone should experience it. Let's see. Does the following path/file exist?

D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RTRVII\data\vii\units\rome\officers\polybian_centurian.tga.dds
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Yes it exists; u can check my screenshot above (i edited that post just before u posted ) to see my files in "officers" folder
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Ok tnx. I need to take this to my fellow devs.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Nevermind ...
    Last edited by oOIYvYIOo; February 05, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Own View Post
    The game crashes after the first loading screen of VII. I am using the steam version of the game and have everything in the right place i think.
    Also I don't have patch 3 on yet I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    I don't know if we talk about the same issue, but I noticed numerous times that the game begins to lag heavily once you issue and skip a move order which is blocked. Afterwards, even if there is nothing going on, the game lacks heavily with low fps. Sometimes the solution is to issue and skip another move order which ends properly, but sometimes only a rastart works.
    Hmm, I have not made that connection, but it is possible. I'll post if it happens to me after some testing. What I was referring to is happening if you issue a move order which can't be completed in one turn, but will take 2 turns (or more) to complete (because the army doesn't have enough movement points).
    And also, the end turn solves this most of the time, the FPS goes back up. But it is still annoying as hell.

Hey guys this is my problem:

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Looks like an installation error. I'd advise to delete and reinstall RTR VII

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Greetings to the RTR team...if only CA would hire you...I like some of the concepts in rtr7...however my installation has these issues...certain cities are stuck on -50% population....as yet there is no mining income for regions with metals...I like playing with Celtiberia...however the Generals ancillaries and traits, when in governace only seem to raise the cities incomes by a few pence...apart from that...the structure is refreshing...normally in both vanilla and platinum...all of spain would built before you crossed the alps with a tribesman. Also...sub-note....the marian rreforms...does anyone know Gaius Marius' date of birth...or is my history...a little rusty...

Aen Cu leth

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by The Schiltrom Menace View Post
    Greetings to the RTR team...if only CA would hire you...I like some of the concepts in rtr7...however my installation has these issues...certain cities are stuck on -50% population....as yet there is no mining income for regions with metals...I like playing with Celtiberia...however the Generals ancillaries and traits, when in governace only seem to raise the cities incomes by a few pence...apart from that...the structure is refreshing...normally in both vanilla and platinum...all of spain would built before you crossed the alps with a tribesman. Also...sub-note....the marian rreforms...does anyone know Gaius Marius' date of birth...or is my history...a little rusty...

Aen Cu leth
    Some answers I can give as a non-RTR-team member:

1. There are mini regions and major regions in RTR VII. The major regions like ''CORINTH'' are the one you are used to, and they give a lot of income, while the minor ones like ''Sikyon'' are not written in capital letters and resemble the minor towns like we know them from ETW, NTW and STW2. Thus you can't recruit troops there, they give less income and their population does not grow (therefore -50%, they always have a population of 400).

2. Mining income has been added to trade or something, I'm not sure about it, but it's just represented otherwise. I'm sure Maurits, Muizer, CC or someone else from the team can elaborate this.

3. Yeah, many family member seem to be quite bad at management. But I don't think you can do a lot about it.

4. Gaius Marius was born in 157 or 158 BC, but the exaxt date is indeed unknown. That's a common phenomena in history, at the time he was born no one knew he was going to be important, but when he died everyone was ware of his significance. Thus we have exact death dates for most historical characters, but birth dates are often lacking.

I hope that helps
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Why is my post being denied? It doesn't have any URLs or swear words.

Alright, my problem is that the game crashes on startup. Since evidently the forum blocks me from posting it here, I have placed the error message directly in my biography...

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

You don't receive full posting privileges until you have a certain amount of posts and or, are a member for a certain period of time. I got a glance of the error message in your profile before it disappeared and it seemed like an installation issue. I would advise a new install of RTRVII and make sure you follow the below directions. If you still have issues please post the steps you took installing the mod, the more details the better.

Installation Instructions

1. Install Rome Total War.
    2. Install Barbarian Invasion expansion.
    3. Install the BI v1.6 Patch.
    4. Download and install RTRVII to the Rome - Total War directory.

RTRVII is mod-foldered and will not interfere with any original game files or any other correctly designed and installed mod-foldered RTW modification.

If using the Steam version of the game follow the directions below-

1. Run the RTR VII installer like normal, changing the install path to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold
    2. Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    3. Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    4. Select Properties
    5. Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    6. Type in -mod:RTRVII -show_err -nm without quotations and click OK
    7. Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    8. Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.
    Last edited by Finn; February 16, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Gents,

If this has been posted before, I apologize.

It's 252BC. One of my Roman armies is besieging Genua. Last turn of the siege. There's a small Averni army in the town and an even smaller Averni army adjacent to the town. I click the "next turn" button. The Averni army in the town does not sally forth for the "do-or-die" battle. Instead, the "Settlement Captured" screen pops up. However, regardless of what option I select - occupy, enslave, or exterminate - I immediately receive a CTD.

This does not happen if I don't start the script.

I have not tried to assault the town prior to clicking the "next turn" button. I could do that. However, I seem to recall there being a bug that involves a siege and a reinforcing enemy army.

Your guidance is requested. Thanks!

I am having performance problem. My pc runs all Total War games smoothly on high settings(including Shogun 2) and RS2 too(i don't have any other RTW mod). But battles in RTR VII are so laggy that they are even not enjoyable. I thing both RS2 and RTR VII should be equally demanding...
    PC specs are: i5 2.5Ghz, ram 6gb, gpu 1gb geforce 525m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    I am having performance problem. My pc runs all Total War games smoothly on high settings(including Shogun 2) and RS2 too(i don't have any other RTW mod). But battles in RTR VII are so laggy that they are even not enjoyable. I thing both RS2 and RTR VII should be equally demanding...
    PC specs are: i5 2.5Ghz, ram 6gb, gpu 1gb geforce 525m.
    The detail settings for vegetation in VII are shifted by one step. What used to be the highest value in vanilla is now the second highest. At the highest level, the distance at which individual tree models begin to be substituted by sprites is much larger.
    Last edited by Muizer; February 24, 2013 at 04:13 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

My PC specs are lower than yours and the game runs smoothy on high settings. I used to play on machine whichs specs were just enough to fullfill minimal requirments for vanila RTW and I was still able to play VII on lower settings.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@John: If you are still stuck, just attack the city and autoresolve, "cheating" with "auto_win attacker", and see what happens
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Caligula Caesar - thanks for the response. I chose to assault the town instead of waiting for the end of turn. I was able to run the script and capture the town. No CTD.