Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

New thread Post all bugs and other issues etc here.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 2 Bugs and Issues Thread

Love the mod.
    I think my installation wasn't complete. I played this mod a few months ago before patch 1 without any issues.
    I started a new game and noticed a few things.
    1) during my load screens I have "Rome Total Realism - Patch" no other quotes.
    2)On the battle map, the minor settlements I have attacked where completly surounded with forests. Unable to get siege gear to the walls.

Tried installing the patch 2 over my original rtrvii with hotfix1 and also a fresh install of RTRVII and patch 2

Both had the same outcome. Couldn't get past a few turns.
    Thanks.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I've tested the new environment myself extensively in an Epiros campaign, and have never encountered these issues in either Greece, Sicily or Italy. Could you please give us some more information, like what faction(s) you were playing as and the names of the minor regions. A savegame could be of great help, too

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

There's no reason to think it might be a structural issue, it's just chance.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Hey,
    i am playing as rome.
    the 2 minor settlements i have tested or tried to attack are "Herakleia" and "Thourioi"

i have BI 1.6 installed.
    RTRVII is not in the BI folder.

only other mod installed is VikingInvasion2 which is installed in a BI sub folder

Example of my mod locations.
    RTR
    D:\Games\RomeTW\RTRVII
    VI2
    D:\Games\RomeTW\BI\VI2

i do not have steam.

again, i played RTRVII hotfix 1 with no issues.

Patrician Artifex

Actually, it does appear to be a structural issue. It will have to be fixed. Shouldn't be hard. Just odd that it never turned up in testing......
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Libertus

Yeah - I've got the 'Woods around a city' issue preventing any deployment of siege engines/ladders etc.

I've got it around Tarentum, for example.

B

Patrician Artifex

What's disturbing is that it's the settlements that are causing the forest to appear. A custom battle location at the site of Herakleia doesn't have the forest there.

Hi
    Great work and much appreicated.
    Should we now wait until this issue is resolved before we download ?

"Actually, it does appear to be a structural issue. It will have to be fixed. Shouldn't be hard. Just odd that it never turned up in testing...... "

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I think that it would be best to wait until we've uploaded a hotfix, I'm really sorry to hear this guys. What I find so strange is that I didn't see this in my testing campaign

By the way, the quotes issue is both intentional and in Patch 1a. I'm not sure on the specifics, but I'm told it fixes a certain CTD.

About the Patch: It's your call whether you find it a major issue (personally, I don't tend to fight too many siege battles on the battle map). Remember that the previous Patch had a CTDing script... hopefully we can fix this one soon, though.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

There seems to be good hope for a quick solution for this issue, we'll release it as soon as possible

Hey
    I just installed the mod and have been playing as Sparta
    i had trouble installing the patch 2.0 for some reason i might just have to download it again
    anyways i have been playing as the Spartans and the game crashes every time i attack the Crete city KYDONIA and the game crashes while the battle is loading
    is this something that is fixed with the 2.0 patch? or just my bad luck

I've looked through the threads and could not find, or missed, anything relating to a fix for the launcher. If there is a fix maybe adding it to the FAQ "How can I start the Launcher" or something. Sorry if this is a repeat guys.

After installing the game I played a few turns. Stopped, and then installed Patch 2, which seemed to go well. Unlike the game installation, I had to use the desktop launcher to start the game. All I get is the screen with the options on it (nice backdrop pic btw).

I have all the current versions for the game from Steam. New reinstall of RTW. Windows XP Home and tons of space on my HD.

What little bit I played was great.........wonderful job folks on this mod. Thank You.

zimm out

@TCF: That's the first I've heard of such a bug. But it might have been fixed when Muizer revamped the environments a bit.

@zimmer1lb: Sorry, what exactly is wrong with the launcher? Does it just not work or what?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Muizer has created a hotfix for the forested-settlement bug, which can be found here

Muizer has created a hotfix for the forested-settlement bug,

Danke shcon Herr Muizer

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    @TCF: That's the first I've heard of such a bug. But it might have been fixed when Muizer revamped the environments a bit.

@zimmer1lb: Sorry, what exactly is wrong with the launcher? Does it just not work or what?
    It just freezes after bringing up the screen with the different RTRVII games list and preferences.

zimm out

Libertus

Cheers for the forest fix guys

Thanks for the fix, glad to see there's still trees around cities.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast